“good base”
Review of ibis Perth

Ranked #31 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Arrived at this hotel on the 28th of december 2013 and found the hotel to be very well positioned on the main street for sightseeing around Perth.The hotel is modern,very clean and has all the items that are needed to make a stay very pleasant.The staff were very welcoming and were always helpful when i needed any information or directions.The hotel also has a very nice bar with tables outside which is very popular but closes alittle too early at around 21-00hrs sometimes but the moon & sixpence is 100 yds away so its no problem.All in all i had nothing negative i could say about yhis hotel.

1  Thank holly1958
ibisPerthGM, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear holly1958,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at ibis Perth. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is always nice to hear positive feedback regarding the cleanliness of the hotel, the friendliness of the staff and the convenience of the location.

I do hope that you enjoyed your trip to Australia over the New Year and that you were able to see many sights and try new experiences.

Thank you again for your kind words and I hope that we can welcome you back to Australia in the near future.

ibis Perth

There are newer reviews for ibis Perth

Reviewed January 18, 2014

The location, as everyone says, is perfect, so close to everything and especially restaurants. On check in the receptionist was very friendly and I was made to feel welcome. I was initially concerned about the location of my room as it was near the lift, but with the door closed, it was not too noisy. The bed and linens were good, I slept well. The bathroom was quiet stylish and though the water pressure in the shower was a tad low, the funky glass hand basin cheered me up! toiletries and tea and coffee supplies were plentiful, which is great as a lot of hotels are somewhat stingy in this area. Fixtures and fittings were fine, not worn or marked. I didn't eat or drink in the hotel, so cant comment on that. I was very happy with my stay and would come back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jackiegoss
ibisPerthGM, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Jackiegoss,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at ibis Perth. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the location of the hotel was convenient.

As I often say, it is especially pleasing to hear positive feedback about the team, as I know that they try so hard to make our guests feel welcome at ibis.

I am very glad to hear that the 'funky glass hand basin' was a highlight of the bathroom, however I will certainly have a look into the water pressure in the shower.

I can see from your profile that you have been fortunate enough to travel extensively around Australia and the United Kingdom. I do hope that 2014 brings you many more travel adventures and of course we would love to welcome you back to Perth.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2014

On this trip to Australia I stayed at 5 different places over a 4 week period. This was the 2nd best that I stayed at. Great Location to see Perth. Staff were lovely and helpful which created a nice atmosphere to the place.
Room- Shower was good this is something I feel all hotels must have a decent shower.
- was clean well laid out
. - breakfast was fairly good, standard cooked hash browns, beans, tomato, sausages, egg + a full continental and enough choice of fruit.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
ibisPerthGM, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Leo135,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at ibis Perth. It is always pleasing to receive such positive feedback, especially regarding the friendliness of the staff.

I am glad to hear that the shower and breakfast were up to expectation, while the location of the hotel was convenient for sight seeing in Perth. However, I know that the team will very much appreciate your comments regarding their helpfulness and the cleanliness of the hotel, as these are two things that they are consistently striving to deliver.

I hope that your trip to Australia was an enjoyable one and that you had a great Christmas and New Year period. We hope that you get the opportunity to return to Australia in the near future.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

A simple hotel with basic facilities, but it's well located, clean and comfortable.

Service was good, with a 24 Reception. All the staff were friendly and helpful. They even stored our luggage overnight for no charge.

Breakfast was nice, with a good range of items from cooked to fruit to cereals etc.

We stayed on a Saturday night, which was much livelier than midweek, but my room was still quiet.

There are good places to eat and drink nearby.

It was great value for money!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
ibisPerthGM, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear CambridgeTourists,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience at ibis Perth, we greatly appreciate your feedback.

I am so pleased to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one and that you found our team to be friendly and helpful.

We do take a lot of pride in the cleanliness of the hotel and the breakfast product that we provide, so it is always great to hear positive feedback about these areas.

I can see from your profile that you have travelled extensively and seen some beautiful places in the world. I hope that you had a fantastic holiday in Australia and that 2014 brings you much happiness and many more adventures.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ibisPerthGM, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ibisPerthGM, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed 7 nights for a Christmas break from Singapore. No problem recommending this Ibis for its location, which is excellent for, eg getting to Barrack Square for the ferries, the railway station for a fast journey to Fremantle or Cottesloe, and for a 15 min walk to Kings Park. The room was a reasonable size and bright - ours looked down Murray Street towards the WACA. The bed was less than perfect - too soft - in my opinion the mattress was worn out, but it could just have been that it was too soft... this didn't help sleep. Outside the hotel entrance there was a smell of urine... it does seem to be a Perth habit to pee on the streets so the cause is not Ibis' fault but even so the hotel should disinfect this area outside its own premises. It could do with sending a handyman around to tighten up some fittings - eg shower doors, toilet seats - small things I know, but this is the difference between cheap and economy. Finally, on checking out we were presented with a bill for the room despite having pre-booked and paid on a non-refundable deal through booking.com. This was not necessarily the hotel's fault of course but there seemed to be no consistent explanation of the issue and the I don't want duplicate credit card billings. The hotel should have had a copy of the booking.com reservation, which it didn't, but I had a copy of terms and conditions handy on my phone thankfully. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful throughout our stay. We didn't use the dining facilities but the breakfast looked well presented. The towels were nice and thick, which is again a small thing but the small things add up to make a big difference. Around the hotel there are plenty of pubs but little in the way of variety for dining - also note that if you are visiting Perth at this time of year a lot of places shut up shop for a loooooong time... the economy must be booming to let a restaurant close for 2 weeks to a month! And Perth is pretty expensive compared to the east coast. Mining boom I guess. So, in summary, I'm ok to recommend the Ibis... fix the mattress and it would get 4 stars.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
ibisPerthGM, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear TimSGHKSG,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at ibis Perth. It is always valuable to receive such information so that we can continually strive to provide a greater experience for all of our guests.

I am very pleased to hear that the location of the hotel was convenient to all of your needs, the rooms were clean and the service friendly and helpful.

I am very sorry that your bed was softer than expected on this occasion. While our beds are still relatively new at the property, ibis Perth are looking at introducing the much talked about 'ibis Sweet Beds' this year, providing an unparalleled level of comfort.

It is disappointing to hear that there was some confusion regarding the billing of your reservation. While I am pleased to hear that it was resolved to a satisfactory level, I will follow up in order to prevent a reoccurrence.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at ibis Perth. I hope that 2014 brings you much happiness and I look forward to welcoming you back to Perth in the near future.

Kind Regards,