“When honesty is a culture”
Review of ibis Perth

ibis Perth
Ranked #32 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Was on one week training trip and we (a group of 13) stayed in the hotel for 8 consecutive days. The hotel is clean, conveniently equipped with basic facilities. Internet available at the lobby, otherwise use a paid service. Generally, the overall service of the hotel was good with polite and very helpful staff/receptions. Since hotel in Perth generally more expensive during weekdays and cheaper at weekends, the helpful staff managed to save us some AUD by changing the room rates over the weekends. They also allowed me to change room to suit my comfort.

The most memorable experience during my stay at Ibis Perth though was when I left my 5DMKII DSLR at the lobby and only realized that after about 4 hours later. As a serious photographer enthusiast, it is the most valuable gear for me. I really thought I have lost it, but instead they kept for me and returned upon my simple try-by-luck query to the reception. Thank you Ibis Perth.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
ibisPerthGM, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear Hussien M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at ibis Perth. It was great to have your group stay with us and I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience. I know that the team will be very appreciative of your comments as they take a lot of pride in engaging with our guests.

It is so pleasing to hear that you were able to get your camera back after it went missing at the hotel. I can see from your photo of the lake in Shah Alam on your TripAdvisor profile that you have some amazing talent as a photographer.

I hope that you thoroughly enjoyed your trip to Perth and thank you again for your review. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to ibis Perth in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Everything positive I had read about Ibis Perth on Tripadvisor was true and I had the pleasure of meeting Glen Erickson, the GM, as well as Robyn Ormesher, the Reservations Manager. Even before we arrived, they went more than the extra mile to ensure our stay was comfortable and our requests met. We had a change of dates and originally were supposed to arrive on my husband's birthday. Nonetheless, the Ibis team still gave a special birthday gift in the form of Margaret River Choc Co's Cookies & Creme chocolates when we arrived 1 week ahead of my husband's birthday.

We had asked if the double bed & single bed could be combined and if not, for the double bed to be pushed against the wall so that our 22-month old daughter could sleep between the wall as a barrier and one parent. Glen and his team ensured we had railing guards, extra pillows and a non-slip bathroom mat for the shower cubicle. They were prepared to look into a room that was disabled friendly so that we could shower our little girl with more room in the bathroom. Thankfully, being Asians, we managed to fit one adult and a toddler into the cubicle. One of the things we looked out for in our accommodation choice was a detachable shower as the fixed ones tend to be too harsh and high for our little one. Again, Glen and his team assured us that they could change the shower head from a fixed one that we saw in the standard hotel room photos to a detachable one. This was a life saver and the water pressure was still good with consistent temperature and easy adjustment. Housekeeping also brought a playpen to us the next morning when we briefly mentioned to the reception staff (I think the very patient and helpful reception staff was a gentleman of South Asian descent named Suraj?) that it would be helpful. The room was spacious enough to accommodate a double bed, single bed and a playpen.

They also acceded to our request for a high room, one that was away from the elevator so there was less noise and a non-smoking room. But because room occupancy was quite full, we weren't able to get a room at the back of the hotel away from the street noise. Out of our 4 nights' stay, the music and noise from the bars along Murray St was only more apparent on Sat night. The rest of our stay was fairly quiet except for occasional noisy and less than considerate neighbours talking loudly or banging their room doors in the early hours of the morning.

There are 2 PCs in the lobby with free internet access and guests are reminded to occupy them for no longer than 15 mins in consideration of other guests who might want to use the terminals. There is free wifi only in the reception lobby and not in the rooms.

Ibis Perth also matched our promotional rate with Agoda because of the 7% discount with the ANZ credit card. So we were more than happy to stay with them.

We did not drive in the city as public transport and CAT buses are good enough. Transperth buses are also free within the free zone. Just check with the bus drivers. The location is only a 5-min walk to the Perth station and Harbour Town Outlet Mall is easily accessible 3-4 bus stops away. There is an excellent Belgian Beer Cafe opposite the hotel which we happily dined in on 2 evenings. The Secret Garden Cafe opposite the hotel also serves good breakfast but service is slow. Raine Square Shopping Centre is only 2 mins' walk away and Coles supermarket became our essential store throughout our store for yogurt, milk, fruits, roasted chicken and early Christmas shopping.

We would not hesitate to stay with Ibis Perth again when we next visit and would HIGHLY recommend Ibis Perth to anyone going to Perth. Might be worthwhile to check with the hotel if they could match whatever rate you get on some other booking websites. Parking is not complimentary and on a first-come-first serve basis. It is A$20 per night and you'll need to pass the ticket to the reception to get that per entry rate.

For anyone concerned with the fly season in Perth (typically Oct-Feb), there is hardly any fly in the city.

The only minor thing that might have made us raise our eyebrows was finding out that housekeeping puts our pillows on the floor when making our beds as we happened to return to the room to get something! We subsequently put the sign to ask housekeeping not to make our beds and just to change our towels and replenish our daily complimentary bottled water supply.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor (ours was on the 6th floor), room away from elevator and facing the back of the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LauraChooLer

Dear LauraChooLer,

It was such a nice experience to welcome you and your family to ibis Perth and have the opportunity to meet you personally.

It is so generous of you to spend the time reflecting on your stay at ibis Perth and to share the experience with others. It was our pleasure to accommodate your family in Perth and your requests were absolutely no trouble to the team who take a lot of pride in finding the 'yes' for all of our guests.

I hope that you and your family had a fantastic Christmas and that 2014 brings you much prosperity and happiness.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind words, which the entire team will take great encouragement from. You have a lovely family who we would love to welcome back to Perth in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed December 27, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Ive already given a review of this hotel on booking.com. I cant relate enough exactly how perfect this hotel was for me personally. First of all...I made an absolute mess of my initial booking (my fault) and management namely the assistant manager (David, if i remember correctly) went above and beyond his duties to help me. I dont think i have ever stayed in a hotel, luxury or budget that had staff as friendly as Ibis Perth. Even the girl in the restaurant at breakfast smiled at me continuously when she tried her best to understand my irish accent. The room was perfect for me...sufficient size with a large shower, plenty of towels and soaps. It must have been cleaned by an army because i didnt see one thing out of place or dust and that bed was even more confortable than my own. The 2 complimentary bottles of water came in handy when i had to check in at 3:30am because of flight times. The location was just perfect. Very very central and a stone's throw distance to shops, pubs, restaurants and bars. I really cannot express my gratitude to the staff for my time spent there. I am not regular traveller to perth but will be there again and Ibis perth will be on the intinery for definate.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Rcra83,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at ibis Perth. It is always very encouraging to hear such positive feedback, and all of the staff greatly appreciate you taking the time to do so.

We are so happy to hear that we were able to assist in a small way to make your trip to Australia an enjoyable one.

I hope that you had a fantastic Christmas and that 2014 brings you much happiness. Hopefully we can welcome you back to Australia in the near future.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Although staying here on a company account found it very good, great people at the desk, great

location, restaurant was good and had the best mattress on the bed I've had for a while. Plenty

of bars and restaurants close by.......

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
ibisPerthGM, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear JohnP3840,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at ibis Perth. While we appreciate all of the feedback that we receive, it is always encouraging for the team to hear such nice words about the service they provide.

I'm very glad to hear that the mattress was comfortable and the location convenient.

I can see from your profile that you enjoy travelling to SE Asia. I hope that you get plenty of opportunities to return, as it's such an amazing place. Have a great Christmas and New Years and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to Perth in the near future.

Kind Regards,