“Parents Weekend Away”
Review of ibis Perth

Ranked #32 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Hotel Ibis with some friends to see a concert at Perth Arena. The hotel is conveniently located in almost the middle of the city and made the Arena well and truely within walking distance. There are also plenty of food and beverage options along Murray Street which is convenient too. Parking is by validation in the Queen Street carpark at the cost of $20 for $24 hrs which is a great price for inner city parking. Check in was smooth and we were able to get into room early. We had adjoining rooms and the door in between was convenient. The rooms were clean and tidy and well presented. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom clean and small but expected. The water pressure in the shower was not flash. The amenities were fine. Iron mini bar tv iPod docking station all available and working well. Check out was 11 and fast - they even let us validate our ticket for another 24hrs as we moved to another hotel for second night. Very comfortable, clean and would def stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed here for work.

The pros: comfortable bed, iPod dock/clock, proximity to the walking malls, wifi in the lobby.

The cons: the shower isn't sealed and water runs out of the shower when in use making the bathroom floor all wet, the shower was mouldy, the toilet seat was loose/ Broken (very annoying), the cleaners left their dirty rags in my room on the bench, they didn't provide me with clean coffee cutlery, the rooms are very small, upon checkout they tried to charge me for a breakfast when I hadn't even eaten at the hotel,

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ibisPerthGM, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Reviewed June 24, 2013

stayed here quite a few times in the past, good value for money, modern, clean, good inner city location, friendly staff and comfortable bed and iphone dock. breakfast buffet in the morning is good but the room service not very good quality, but overall a great hotel at a very reasonable price

Room Tip: murray street side has a better view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear mattlx m,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at ibis Perth and thank you for your continued loyalty to the hotel. I am so glad to hear that your stays have been comfortable convenient and highlighted by friendly service.

I am sorry that the quality of room service was not up to expectation. I can assure you that we are currently re-writing the room service menus in line with recent feedback that we have received.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Location is fantastic. The staff were so helpful and friendly and made the check in /check out process so smooth. The rooms are not worth the advertised price of $600 and I'm glad I only paid $93. I would not pay more than $150 per night but upon saying that perth is so expensive. The room was large, clean and quiet, however I only had a view of a cement wall from my window. The car park is $20 and 100 metres from the hotel, so very convenient.

I would definitely stay again, much better than other hotels in the same vicinity.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear Washolovestotravel,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your recent stay at ibis Perth. We greatly appreciate all of the feedback that we receive at the hotel.

I am very glad to hear that the location of the hotel and car park were convenient to your needs while visiting Perth.

As always, it is great to receive positive feedback regarding the service from the team. I know that all of the staff take great encouragement from positive feedback, as they continuously strive to provide a superior service experience.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that we can welcome you back to Perth in the near future.

I wish you safe travels and many unforgettable experiences.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This place is over rated. Although the checking staff were extremely helpful, the hotel itself did not live up to expectations. My room seemed to be located next to a party room, my work mate's room seemed to be located next to the air on unit. The restaurant was shocking, we sat next to a the table where all of the other tables dirty dishes were put for the duration of our meal. We ordered lambshanks and they were promptly delivered...within about 10min after ordering, however they had not been microwaved through properly. Coffees were ordered however these apparently could only be made at the bar next door, which on a Sat night meant a 20min wait.
In summary, this is a budget hotel with budget facilities and should be advertised as such.

Room Tip: Overpriced for what is on offer
Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Hewer-Hewitt,

Thank you kindly for your feedback regarding your recent stay at ibis Perth. I am very sorry to hear that your stay and the friendly service from the staff was overshadowed by neighbouring noise and a poor restaurant experience.

There is no excuse for such an experience to occur and I can assure you that we will take this feedback to the team in order to prevent a reoccurence. This is definitely an isolated incedent at ibis Perth and we will do everything possible to maintain it as an isolated incident.

If you do visit Perth in the near future, please feel free to email me directly (h1773-gm01@accor.com) so that I can ensure to look after you accordingly.

Thank you again for your feedback and I am once again sorry for the negative aspects of your stay. I do hope that we get another opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Check-in was a bit slow, there was only one person working at the counter when we checked in around 2pm. We booked a double room through wotif and got a very small but clean room. There was not much room for luggage but the room had a tv, lamp, table and full length mirror. The bathroom was a decent size but no hand towels were provided and there was not much room for toiletries near the sink. Soap, shampoo and conditioner were provided. The downsides of our room were that water leaked out of the shower and the hairdryer did not work. We advised management of this in our feedback and they immediately responded that it will get fixed. The best feature of this hotel is its location - right in the CBD, near Coles and a short walk to Northbridge for dinner.

Room Tip: Book directly through the hotel's website, you will probably end up with a better room allocatio...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
AllSeasonsPerthGM, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear miss_v_rose,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at ibis Perth. I am very glad to hear that the location of the hotel was convenient to your needs and that you found the hotel very clean. We are very lucky to be located so central to everything that the city has to offer and we do take a lot of pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and public areas.

I am sorry to hear that the size of the room was a little uncomfortable during your stay and that the hairdryer did not work. While it is pleasing to know that the problem was rectified very efficiently, I will make sure to put in the place the necessary measures to prevent a reoccurence.

Thank you again for your feedback, it is very much appreciated. I can see from your past reviews that you have travelled extensively throughout Australia and South Africa I hope that you enjoyed your trip to Perth and hopefully we can welcome you back in the near future.