“Quality decor, clean, responsive, well located”

Four Points by Sheraton Perth
Ranked #21 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Chose this hotel because it had some colour in the rooms as most hotels are dreary brown everything these days. Room lived up to expectations. We did find the bathroom door not being full length and being frosted slightly comical, this made it hard to have a shower or visit the loo while my husband was sleeping. But it looks good that way and lets daylight into the bathroom. We were upgraded on arrival and found ourselves under the gym. Once or twice people dropped weights on our roof but the gym is equipped with lots of signs warning people not to drop weights, and by the way it is a very well appointed gym with cardio equipment and weights and great views from the 7th floor.
This hotel was well located for Perth station so everything is close, and it is on the Yellow CAT (free bus) and near the Red and Green and Blue ones too. One weekends you can get a family ticket for public transport $11.60 all day anywhere up to something like 5 children. Great deal and the trains were prompt clean and comfortable.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
FourPointsPerthGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear FamilyinMexico,
Thank you for your great review with regards to your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable stay and found our hotel's location very convenient. Rest assured that we are aware our current bathroom design poses privacy implications to guests travelling with companions and have since been devising alternative solutions. Your feedback will be shared among our team. Awaiting to welcome you back at the Four Points by Sheraton Perth on your next visit to Perth.

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Perth

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Weekend stay in Perth to watch rugby league.

Short notice booking with brilliant low price inclusive of the best buffet breakfast I have had in ages.

Lovely room great shower comfy bed. Fitness centre brilliant too.

Very central

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank nickledavey

Dear nickledavey,
Thank you for your great online review. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed our facilities and the comfort of our rooms. Rest assured that your comments on the buffet will be passed on to our Food and Beverage team. We hope to welcome you back at the hotel soon.

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Everything about the hotel is just perfect.

The rooms are reasonably large and nicely design to give a relax atmosphere. The room is also designed in such a way that it does not give people a dull and bleak feeling like in some hotels. Rooms is also very clean.

What I like most is the bathroom. It's relatively large and is very stylish.

What's more, the price for such a great stay is reasonable.

On the downside, breakfast is expensive and just average.
Also it will be good if the hotel can offer free parking but I don't see any hotels in perth city that can offer free parking services. Parking at the hotel is expensive.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Sun_TT1990

Dear Sun_TT1990,
Thank you for your great online review with regards to your recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Perth. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated our facilities and room design. Your positive feedback will be shared among the team. Please do not hesitate to contact me via my e-mail if you would like to share your views about our buffet. We always welcome feedback from our guests as this helps us improve our service and make our guests' stays even more pleasant. Awaiting to welcome you back at the hotel in a near future.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Great location opposite the new concert stadium. Close to metro bus station, Harbourtown DFO and beautiful Kings Park. Rooms are roomy and bedding fantastic. Currently developing Al Fresco dining area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank NuthouseBrisbane

Dear NuthouseBrisbane,
Thank you for your online review with regards to your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and found the hotel's location very convenient. We do hope that on your next stay with us, you do get to enjoy our alfresco area, The Best Brew Bar & Kitchen which will be operational as from mid june this year. Looking forward to welcome you back at the Four Points by Sheraton Perth in a near future.

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

I stay from 25 may to 1 june, very nice hotel well situated, very professional front desk staff and service staff very helpfull. Good food for lunch and breakfast
Willcome back.the room was
nice.the room staff need to be more professional on cleaning.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Mayeven C

Dear Mayeven C,
Thank you for your great review with regards to your recent stay with us.We are glad to hear that you had pleasant stay with us and was well looked after by our team. Rest assured that we will share your positive feedback with the team. Please do not hesitate to contact me via my e-mail to give me more details about which room you stayed in so I can enquire more about why your room was not up to the level of cleanliness you would have expected. Please accept my apologies in this regard. Awaiting to hear from you and to welcome you back at the hotel in a near future.
e-mail:sean.raine@fourpoints.com

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We dined at the restaurant last night, what a mess....

I called a week earlier to make a reservation, firstly I was cut off. I then called back and was passed around to a few different people and then finally put through to the restaurant...and the phone rang out. I gave up.

I then called again a few days later to make a reservation for dinner, as SPG members and the Sheraton being the only Starwood property in Western Australia we expected this hotel to be the shining light of Starwood...we were so wrong.

We arrived to find the only food on offer was a buffet, at $39 per person. We asked to order off the menu and were told we could not. When we made our reservation we should have been informed the only option was a buffet for this night, as we wanted to dine at a Sheraton restaurant with individually prepared meals and good wine. What was on offer was unacceptable for a Starwood property. If we knew it was a buffet we would not have come.
There was no need for a reservation, as they didn't have any record of my reservation anyway, and there were only two people in the entire restaurant.

For entree there was soup, too bad if you didn't like soup. I can't tell you what type of soup it was as it wasn't labelled; let’s call it "soup surprise". There were also some (two) cold deli meats, hardly appetising.

We made it through the entree (soup) before someone finally came over to take our drinks order; I ordered a glass of wine and my partner just water. The wine arrived a few minutes later, no water.

For mains there were a couple of options:

A watery butter chicken
Some nasty looking fish thing
Rubbery lasagne
Fried rice (that looked nothing like fried rice)
Vegetables

Now when I say "vegetables" I am referring to what can only be described as an industrial size packet of frozen diced vegetables, the type you buy from Coles in the freezer section, with diced carrot, some pees and bits of corn.

I reluctantly chose the fried rice and watery butter chicken. I have eaten better butter chicken from supermarket food courts, actually the entire main offerings were below the standard of the supermarket food court, and I'm not exaggerating! The only reason I knew it was fried rice was because it was labelled as such, however it in no way resembled fried rice in any way.

There was some cheese and crackers on offer for dessert. The cheese was stale and rubbery and not at all like cheese should be. It was a pathetic excuse for a cheese selection, why bother if you're not going to do it properly. My partner had the ice cream, she said it tasted like the cheapest version of ice-cream she'd ever encountered and couldn't finish the serve…We finished our wine and got out of there as quick as we could, vowing NEVER to return.

What was on offer this evening by the Four Points by Sheraton Perth is an embarrassment to the Starwood name. We have travelled all over the world and stayed and dined at many Starwood properties, what was on offer this evening was not “Starwood”. The manager of this hotel needs to take quick action to preserve any sort of quality and reputation.

Unfortunately this is not our first disappointing experience with this hotel, a number of times I've called to make a reservation at this restaurant and the "Faulty Towers" lack of professionalism is astonishing to the point I have given up (I should have taken the hint). But it’s not only the restaurant, we recently attended the Wedding Open Day and called the hotel and spoke to one of the function coordinators a few weeks later and asked for further information to be sent to us regarding the wedding packages...we never received the info. We've since taken our wedding elsewhere.

To the Manager of Four Points by Sheraton Perth, I challenge you to lift your game and to operate at a level befitting a Starwood Property, I challenge you to not treat your paying customers like idiots by serving food below Starwood standards. You are not just any Starwood property, you are the ONLY Starwood property in Western Australia. You should be setting the example for service and excellence yet you allow your hotel to operate at a highway motor-inn level. WHY???

Why do you think it's acceptable to serve this slop to your paying (and loyal) customers? Do you just not care? Do you think your customers are stupid and won't notice the below standard food?

In a very short time you will have two further Starwood properties to compete with in Perth, the Aloft and Westin Hotel. I pity what will happen to your excuse for a Starwood property once the Westin opens and you're relegated to the budget end of the hotel food chain.

We are loyal SPG members, and ONLY stay at SPG hotels when we travel. I look forward to Aloft and Westin Hotel in the next two years, hopefully they can show Perth how a REAL Starwood property operates.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Thaiescape11
FourPointsPerthGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear Thaiescape11
Thank you for your online review regarding your Four Points Perth experience, we truly value your feedback and were deeply concerned to hear we fell well short of your expectations, for this we can only profusely apologise. Due the Disney on Ice event on at the Perth Arena we did offer a buffet on the particular night you attended the hotel. Your comments regarding your experience have been shared with our team and I would be grateful if you could contact me directly via email or phone call to further discuss your issues and I would like to arrange a refund for your food and beverages purchased on this occasion. Whilst we cannot turn back the clock, we would welcome an opportunity to renew your faith in our hotel.
Yours sincerely
Sean Raine (sean.raine@fourpoints.com or Ph: +61 8 9327 7011)

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel was good, but was nothing special.

*I arrived late one night and was hungry. The rooms have no mini bar, and the hotel has no vending machines. I was had to go out into the rain for a snack.
*The bathroom didn't have a soap holder in the shower (what are you supposed to do with the soap?).
*House keeping took the tv remote one day and also threw away some of my items...
*The room air conditioning doesn't turn off

Little issues, but still a decent stay.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
FourPointsPerthGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Deanne G,
Thank you for sharing the gift of your feedback with regards to your recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Perth. We are disappointed to hear that we did not meet all aspects of your expectations during this stay. We have taken good note of your desire for a mini bar in your room. Unfortunately we found that our mini bars were only being used by 3-4% of our guests so have taken the liberty of removing these so that guests can stock their own items. We are looking at introducing a new concept which we hope will add greater benefit for all our guests. Kindly accept my sincere apologies with regards to your items which were thrown away. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally should you wish to so I can ensure that your future stays with us are uncomplicated and relaxing.
e-mail: sean.raine@fourpoints.com