“great property.”

Ranked #19 of 64 Hotels in Perth
cheltenham, victoria
“great property.”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

great property.was a mystery deal on wotif including breakie for $180 for 1 night. at checkin they upgraded us t deluxe room and they obviously noted my comments on a quiet room with king bed as we got it all.level 7, room 718- good choice. great size room for city hotel, modern and reasonable view.few negs on the room- as most others have said the bathroom is a bit ridiculous in design, not just the toilet and the bathroom door itself but also the fact that the shower has no door so the water sprays out and all over the floor next to the toilet, also reception on the tv a bit iffy and not much in the room by way of tourist info (though guest services were useful for this) all in all great room, great bed, good tv channels, slippers and robes provided and reasonable amount off toiletries as well as free bottled water and extremely quiet room.
much appreciated was the fact that we were able to check in at 11am without providing any notice and that you for allowing us those extra hours sleep that we really needed after our flight and before the next.
staff helpful, especially the restaurant staff in the morning where we had buffet breakfast. wonderful varierty for a small restaurant.everything was fresh and interesting.
All in all would deff stay here again. location, room and hotel all met expectations!
p.s- anyone looking at airport transfers the airport connect bus service does them for $15 each wy and they can pick you up or drop you off at international or domestic. $59 for 2 people is a lot cheaper than what a taxi will cost you.

Room Tip: they are upgrading the lifts at the moment so i would just stay away from the lift area.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
FourPointsPerth, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Perth, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear biancarose_b,
Thank you for your great review. I am glad to see that we met your expectations and you enjoyed your stay with us. Your encouraging comments will definitely be shared among our team. With regards to the bathroom door, rest assured that we are currently looking into finding a solution to address this. Awaiting to welcome you back at the Four Points by Sheraton Perth soon.
Sean Raine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at Four Points by Sheraton from 12th July to 14th July. Great location is just 1 of the many positives this place has on offer. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we felt extremely comfortable. The staff were very kind, attentive and helpful whenever necessary. Our room (on the 7th floor) was modern, clean and extremely inviting. Although the "toilet design" didn't bother me at all, my partner and I agreed it wouldn't be appropriate if we had our daughters with us. The bed was the best I had ever slept on! It actually has me wanting to buy one the same for our house! The shower was a really nice design however as we were on a "getaway" from our kids, we would have liked an additional shower head. The shower is double sized so can only be improved with an additional shower head for those who enjoy showering together ;)
The only problem with our entire stay was our in-room phone breaking down, which meant we had to go downstairs to order our room service that night. But the staff intended to send a technician in straight away (9pm), which we insisted wasn't necessary. They went above and beyond, giving us 1 of our deserts on the house for our troubles. Great hotel for both business and indeed pleasure.
All in all a perfect stay, fantastic hotel!

We are both looking very much forward to our next stay at Four Points by Sheraton!

• Stayed July 2013
FourPointsPerth, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Perth, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Sayersfamily,
Thank you for your great review with regards to your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable and memorable stay and were well looked after by our staff. It is always pleasant to know that you felt at home even away from home. Your positive comments will be shared among the team. Please accept my apologies for the telephone issue you had in your room. With regards to the bathroom door, rest assured that we are currently looking at finding a solution to address this. Awaiting to welcome you and your family back at the Four Points by Sheraton Perth soon.
Narrogin, Western Australia
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was looking for a affordable, but nice hotel for a trip to Perth to celebrate a birthday. I checked Wotif and found the Four Points by Sheraton. The deal was room & breakfast for just over $150 for two in a Deluxe Room (top floor). After checking TA I requested a room away from the lift. Although the request was granted, the room we were given didn't have a view. This wasn't a deal breaker but the Wotif site did promise city views. I would suggest to TA users to request a room away from the lifts AND with a view.

The reception was busy when I arrived to check in. I was still checked in quickly and efficiently. I would recommend the valet parking for $35. Parking in Perth is expensive and can be hard to find so the valet parking is good value. The staff we spoke to were all friendly, efficient, courteous and helpful. They all looked like they enjoyed their jobs and really made the stay special.

The hotel is well located for the Perth Arena, Northbridge and the city. There are plenty of eateries and bars close by and a nice cocktail bar in house as well. We didn't use the restaurant for dinner but the breakfast buffet was very good.

The room was clean and well presented. The outside of the windows were a bit grubby, but our curtains were drawn most of the time anyway. The bed was comfortable. I wasn't worried about the toilet door. I could only just see my partner through it. I guess a solid door would be preferable, but it was a non issue to me. I didn't use the in room WiFi. It seemed very expensive and the free WiFi was slow so I ended up using my own. Why in 2013 WiFi isn't standard as part of the room price is ridiculous. Hotels (not just this one) really need to pick up their game in this regard.

Overall we had an excellent stay and would not hesitate in recommending this hotel for a Perth visit. Good room, excellent staff and great location.

Room Tip: Get room with a view and away from lift.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
FourPointsPerth, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Perth, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear thestretchman,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and appreciated the hotel's location, facilities and services. Rest assured that your positive comments will be passed on to our team. Do feel free to contact me so we can have your details and see to it that next time you stay with us, we do our best to allocate you a room with a view. Awaiting to welcome you back at the hotel in a near future.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The biggest complaint was thin walls so at 5am yesterday's would hear next door going to the bathroom, a little off putting . I would also agre n the other comments around the bathroom design, a little bit too style over practicality!!!

This is definitely a 'business hotel', clean, a little soulless but good if you are working in the CBD or visiting the Perth Arena.
Staff are polite and fairly efficient.

The room service is efficient and food not too bad, but I would not recommend as a leisure hotel unless visiting the Perth arena for an event, then it is very convenient.

Room Tip: Choose the 6 th floor which is the 'SPG' floor and apparently the best rooms?!?!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Chancar1,
Thank you for your review about your recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Perth. I am disappointed to see that we did not meet up all your expectations and apologise for the noise that woke you up quite early morning.Your comments have been well noted and will be passed on to our team. With regards to the bathroom door design , please note that we are currently working on finding a solution to address this. Hope to welcome you back at the hotel in a near future.
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We got here late and had the room next to the elevator which was quickly changed in the morning. Internet access is charged in the rooms but not the bar. Breakfast was very good and it is close to Harbour Town, the city and the train station. My only problem was that having had trouble with my return transfer I could not seem to make myself understood about what the problem was. Although everything was sorted out in the end I felt like I was speaking gobbledeegook maybe I was.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
FourPointsPerth, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Perth, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear iantoes,
Thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Perth. Your positive comments will be shared among the team and am pleased to see that you appreciated the hotel's location and our Food and Bevergae services. Please accept my apologies with regards to the issues you experienced with your return transfer. Feel free to send me more details on my e-mail so I can enquire further and see to it that next time you stay with us, you have a smooth stay. Your comments will assist us in improving our services and make our guests have a comfortable and uncomplicated stay. Awaiting to welcome you back at the hotel in a near future.
Sydney
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Just had 5 nights at the Four Points Perth and have given it 3 stars but it would have been 4 stars if the bathroom design had been different.

As other reviewers have mentioned the bathroom door is glass and you can see a silhouette through it. It also doesn't fill the door frame. So you can hear and smell your fellow guests going to the toilet. It is also designed so that the towels are right in front (you can easily touch them) of you as you sit on the toilet. It is truly the strangest bathroom design I have ever seen. I'm unsure how anyone building them didn't stop the job before it was finished.

Other than the bathroom we found the hotel very good.

Breakfast had a good range of hot and cold food. It was re-filled regularly. Hot food was actually hot. Everything was clean.

We found the staff excellent when we asked to help. I was travelling with my 11 year old son and he often asked for assistance eg with the free wi-fi codes, wake up calls, things to do in Perth, etc. The staff were so kind and attentive to him.

The staff though need a little training in going out of their way to greet customers. If you ask for help you are looked after but otherwise you are just left alone.

The hotel room was very clean. Housekeeping each day serviced the room very efficiently.

The bed was very comfortable.

We stayed on the 2nd floor on the street side so did have some traffic noise. However we did get a very good deal for our stay so I'm sure were given the noisiest rooms. We heard very little noise from rooms around us. The noise from the street wasn't so bad that we wouldn't stay there again.

The free CAT bus service is Perth is great for tourists. Four Points has the yellow CAT on the street in front and the red CAT goes from the street behind. The main Perth train station is 2 blocks away (you can catch a train to Fremantle from there).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear familyof5holiday,
Thank you for your great feedback with regards to your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and appreciated our services and were well looked after by our team. It is nice to see that your son felt at home while staying with us. Your positive and encouraging comments will be shared with our staff. Rest assured that we are currently looking into the bathroom door design you mentioned and trying to find the best solution to address this. Hope to welcome you and your family back at the hotel on your next trip to Perth.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Four points is opposite the perth arena, right beside kwinana freeway and is a 5min drive to northbridge which is where the buzz an excitement happens during most weekends in perth. My partner and I stayed on the top floor of four points in the deluxe room. The bed was comfortable, pillows were average. But lovely to sleep on. The bathroom/tiler configuration did not cause a huge "privacy" issue. It also didnt bother me with it being so "close" to the bedroom setting as its so discreet you forget there is even a bathroom there. The few foxtel channels were good. Fox8 is my daily regular channel at home anyway so it was good. The staff are very genuine about there job. They actually seem like they enjoy being there.
One negative would be-Check in was kind of confusing as there was a heap of air hostesses etc at the very first desk and i wasnt sure wether to wait there or go to the other counters. We waited 10mins till a staff member noticed us standing there, wasnt a major problem just maybe staff need to be a little bit more aware of who enters there doors maybe?

I would reccomend four points, personally i enjoyed my stay, my partner he liked the quietness and we both will be looking forward to our next stay at sheraton. Wev stayed at the hilton, pan pacific and a few more in perths cbd BUT for value for money on these hotels four points is up there.

• Stayed July 2013
FourPointsPerth, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Perth, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear kailisc,
Thank you for your great review regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you had a very good stay and appreciated the hotel's location and services. Your comments will be passed on to our team. We have also taken good note of the delay you experienced upon check-in and please accept my sincere apologies. Your feedback will assist us in improving our services and make our guests have a comfortable and uncomplicated stay. Please also do not hesitate to send me your details and the type of pillow you prefer as we do have firmer pillows available upon request, so we can see to it that next time you stay with us, you have a greater Four Points experience. Awaiting to welcome you back at the hotel soon.