“Check your bill.”

Ranked #19 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Perth, Australia
“Check your bill.”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and I booked a superior room for one night $399 which included breakfast for both of us as stated in my confirmation. when checking in I was told they would charge $536 or something like that and when questioned it was for my wife's breakfast as room now only comes with breakfast for one plus $100 hold for any thing we use from room. As this was our special night away from our normal stressful life we did not need this hassle standing around in a noisy foyer for an extended period especially when I had email confirmation of my booking with 2 breakfasts,
Room was ok except when we went to leave for a concert after taking up our bags we could not lock our room as the door had been damaged, This had been temporarily repaired while we were out thankfully.

Room Tip: Have stayed in really fancy places in other capital cities for much less than this
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
FourPointsPerth, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Perth, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear davidofperth,
Thank you for your time in providing us with the gift of your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet all aspects of your expectations and the issues you encountered while checking in. Please accept my sincere apologies. There was indeed a mistake on our system and I undestand that our Front Office team have addressed it. As for the pre-authorisation,this is required by our credit card provider should there be a dispute at any stage, without official authorisation or a swipe of the actual card the hotel then would need to accept the liability for the charges.However, rest assured that the actual surcharge amount has not been deducted from your account. Please feel free to contact me personally on my e-mail address should you wish to share more feedback. Also please provide me with your details so I can see to it that next time you stay with us, you enjoy theFour Points experience you expected.
Your feedback will assist us in improving our services and make our guests have a comfortable and uncomplicated stay. Once again , please accept my apologies and we do hope to welcome you back at the hotel soon.
e-mail:sean.raine@fourpoints.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Indonesian first
western australia
Reviewed June 25, 2013

the staff at this hotel were great, i arrived at the hotel around 12 noon and asked if i could leave my luggage as i had a meeting and i was early.
the staff checked me in and asked if i would mind waiting whilst they checked to see if my room was ready. to my surprise it was and i was aloud to go to my room and freshen up.
the hotel its self is nothing special but its fairly central to every thing .
after my meeting i decided to bring back some business partners back to the hotel. we went to the hotel bar and all i can say is that i have traveled all over the world and was shocked at the price i paid for drinks.
After one round we decided that this was over the top pricing and left to go to the casino as it had to be cheaper.
all in all i would say that the hotel is fair, service is good, staff excellent but pricing of drinks and food needs to be addressed if they would like their guested to stay for more than one drink

Room Tip: food and drinks at hotel very expensive
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
FourPointsPerth, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Perth, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear ados067,
Thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us. I am glad to see that you were well looked after by our team members and enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments will be shared with our staff. However, I am disappointed to see that we did not meet all aspects of your expectations. Our prices for food and drinks are aligned with those of the competitive hotels in Perth but rest assured that we will share your comments with our Food and Beverage Manager. Please also feel free to send me your details so we can update your details for your next stay with us. Awaiting to welcome you back at the hotel soon.
e-mail:sean.raine@fourpoints.com
Sydney
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Checked in close to 10 pm, process was quick, friendly and easy. The room on the 6th floor was well appointed, quiet and very comfortable. As mentioned by others, the design of the toilet/shower door leaves much to be desired, especially if you are sharing the room with a friend. It is rather public-toilet-esque and leaves very little privacy! The two-way design of the robe was quite neat. Comfy bathrobes, although the towels have seen better days.

The bar downstairs was a good spot to meet for a drink. The menu was small but seemed to have a decent choice of options for meat-eaters, but hardly anything for a vegetarian like me. I ordered a pizza and although it was edible, it seemed more akin to something a 14 year old might make with tomato paste and random veggies and cheese. A serious overhall is needed here. Also, some training for cocktails would be welcome. The bartender struggled with making a basic margarita as it was "off-menu", and valiantly produced them after a consulting recipe books and a lengthy delay.

I'd consider staying at this place again, as the rooms were large, quiet and comfortable and very good value for money. However, there are much better places to eat and drink in Perth, especially as the refurbishment of the surrounding areas gives rise to more eateries.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
FourPointsPerth, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Perth, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear sgsydney,
Thank you for the gift of your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am glad to see that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed our services and room in general. However, I can see that we did not meet all aspects of your expectations. Your comments on our vegetarian chioce in the menu and cocktails have been well noted and passed on to our Food and Beverage Manager.Your feedback will assist us in improving our services and make our guests have a comfortable and uncomplicated stay. With regards to the bathroom door, rest assured that we are currently looking at findind a solution to address this privacy issue. Also,kindly note that our Public spaces will undergo changes and we have the next phase of our refurbishment planned for the 3rd quarter of this year to improve the overall experience for our guests. These works include adjustments to our lighting, acoustics, furniture artwork and also a proposed extension of the Best Brew bar to feature an outdoor area. Please do contact me personally so I can have your details and update your profile accordingly and see to it that you have a nice and smooth stay next time you visit us. Awaiting to welcome you back at the hotel on your next trip to Perth.
e-mail: sean.raine@fourpoints.com
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This hotel was recommended by Trailfinders & is reasonably close to the CBD of Perth & the railway station & ferries.It has suffered from some rather odd design quirks.Our "superior" room is well appointed but the toilet & shower are only separated from the bedroom by an opaque glass door that has gaps top & bottom so there is little "privacy".The loo was wrongly positioned. There was no "outlook".The dining room has a very high ceiling & no character at all although the breakfast was included & was a good comprehensive buffet style selection.A problem with many Aussie Hotels is they charge for WIFI & quite significant money~$50 for 3 days in your room but it is free on an hourly basis in the lobby.OK but could do better with a few tweaks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
FourPointsPerth, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Perth, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Philtheherp,
Thank you for providing us with the gift of your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to see that while you enjoyed the hotel's location and services, we have not been able to meet all aspects of your expectations. Your comments have well been noted and rest assured that with regards to our bathroom doors, we are currently looking at finding a solution to address this. We definitely understand our Public spaces require further attention and we have the next phase of our refurbishment planned for the 3rd quarter of this year to improve the overall experience for our guests. These works include adjustments to our lighting, acoustics, furniture artwork and also a proposed extension of the Best Brew bar to feature an outdoor area. Hope to welcome you back at the Four Points by Sheraton on your next trip to Perth.
e-mail : sean.raine@fourpoints.com
Billericay, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This hotel has some really friendly and helpful front desk staff and they were great throughout our stay. The hotels location isn't that good being a bit out of town although great if you are seeing a show at the Arena as it is just across the road.The rear (lower) rooms suffer from being enclosed by other buildings so are a bit dark.
The rooms are newly refurbished but the design very odd,the bathroom/toilet only has a half door on it and is 2 mts from the bed, the wash basin is a modern design with no plug so the water has to run constantly. What's even more irritating is there is a shortage of drawers yet the bedside cabinets have false drawer fronts that don't open.
Maybe it's being picky but many small things can be annoying and that's just what we found.

Room Tip: High room or front room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
FourPointsPerth, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Perth, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Kebab2729,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to see that we did not meet all aspects of your expectations. Your comments have well been noted and rest assured that with regards to our bathroom doors, we are currently looking at finding a solution to address this. We definitely understand our Public spaces require further attention and we have the next phase of our refurbishment planned for the 3rd quarter of this year to improve the overall experience for our guests. These works include adjustments to our lighting, acoustics, furniture artwork and also a proposed extension of the Best Brew bar to feature an outdoor area. Hope to welcome you back at the Four Points by Sheraton on your next trip to Perth. Yours sincerely,
Sean Raine.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

The location of the hotel is great if you are going to see a show at the arena. The rooms are clean and comfortable as were the bathrooms.
The reception were great and gave us a late check out and having someone park your car in the city is fantastic.
My only negative was we ordered room service and were told it would be up in 25 minutes. An hour later our food had not arrived. I called room service to check on our order and were told it was on it way and be in our room in 5 minutes. So we continued to wait and a further 15 went by and it still had not arrived. I rang once again to cancel the order as we were going to be late for the show. They offered to leave the food in the room but I refused as I did not want cold old food. I had planned on ordering after the show. Once we returned at 10.40 I rang room service to no answer. I then contacted the front desk who then told me the kitchen stopped serving at 10.30, but the local burger joint was open. I was not impressed. What hotel does not have all day dinning especially on a Friday night? I was disappointed because if the kitchen was running behind that night a courtesy phonecall would
have been appreciated. It's those little touches that make a good hotel a great hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Lubelu,
Thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet all aspects of your expectations with us. Please contact me directly on my e-mail so I can have your details and enquire further as to what happen to your in-room dining order that night. Please accept my sincere apologies.
Awaiting to welcome you back at the hotel in a near future and gearing from you soon.
e-mail; sean.raine@fourpoints.com
Bunbury, Australia
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed at the Four Points due to its proximity (immediately across the road) from the Arena. I received a rate under $200 which was really good value in Perth. Fantastic location if you are going to see a show here. Possibly not so good for shopping in the malls after being on your feet all day! We arrived around 4.30pm and managed to park the car right out the front in the limited spaces available. The check in staff assured me it would be OK for 10 mins as the valet service would take care of it (which they did). I had booked a Superior Room but on check in we were advised of an upgrade to a Deluxe room on the 5th floor (very appreciated). Really nice room. No issues with the bathrooms being the way they were! Bed was very comfy and welcoming after a big night and the shower was excellent. All the amenities you would expect. There is a bar downstairs that also serves light meals. In hindsight we should have eaten here for dinner as trying to find a restaurant anywhere in the city that wasn’t booked out was a real chore. Obviously very busy when a big show is in town – or maybe it is always like this? Lesson learnt - book your choice of restaurant ahead of time! My one (bad) observation – which was taken in from the bar – was the valet service with someone else’s car. The car was parked close to the kerb but enough room to reverse. However, the driver thought it best to drive over the kerb which took 3 bumpy attempts. Now it was a large car – if it was a low car like ours considerable damage would have occurred and it did not give us a good feeling to know that this valet disrespected the car he was driving. Being someone else’s property – or pride and joy - these vehicles should be treated like gold! Not a good look fellas. All said, I would stay here again for sure at the right price.

Dear freya691,
Thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us.I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and appreciated our rooms, services and facilities. Your comments will be passed on to our team. As part of the on-going training of our staff, your comments on the valet parking has been well noted and will be discussed with our operations team. Hoping to welcome you back at the Four Points by Sheraton Perth soon.