“Good value in Perth”

Four Points by Sheraton Perth
Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Hotels in Perth can be very expensive but this hotel offers a very high quality room for a reasonable price. Newly renovated so everything is brand new and spotlessly clean and they look fresh and modern. I can understand some previous review comments about the toilet door but it isn't an issue for a solo traveller.

Location is good - on the edge of the CBD and walking distance to everywhere a tourist would want to go. All the staff I encountered were friendly and efficient.

Some small negatives: My bed was 2 single mattresses pushed together rather than a proper queen/king, air con is hard to control and it ended up too hot or too cold, internet cost is ludicrous at $20 a day or $56 for 3 days - go to the nearest Telstra shop and buy a mobile usb broadband for cheaper. I didn't eat at the hotel as the prices were too high ($33 for breakfast buffet) so can't comment on the food quality.

Overall I would definitely stay again if they keep the reasonable room rates.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Judith B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear ringo_nz, thank you for taking the time to provide us with constructive feedback from your recent stay with us. We are pleased that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. I will pass on your feedback to the team and make some considerations were we can. We look forward to seeing you back at the hotel soon. Best regards, Four Points Perth.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,072)

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed here over night as we had an Engagement party to go that night great location if you want to be next to the stadium for concerts great for perth night life also great for shopping perth city or Harbourtown this hotel has had quite a few name changes over the years the first was the Orchard still a very nice hotel and had a very nice buffet breakfast in the morning late check out too

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear yvonne739, thank you for your great feedback, we do believe that feedback is a gift. It is fantastic to hear that you found our location convenient for your stay. We are pleased that we were able to provide you with a memorable hotel experience and a great breakfast to kick start your morning. We do welcome the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel soon. Best regards, Four Points Perth.

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

This is a good safe clean modern city hotel. I liked the modern room decor. Valet parking was slow, there were no movies on demand on the TV, and the sylish Villeroy and Bosch sinks in (all) the room don't have plugs. The in house internet is big-hotel expensive. Still despite the shortcomings I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear unlimitd, thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay with us. It is good to hear that you would stay with us again. I will pass on your feedback in regards to no plugs for the sinks. The environment is important to us and we will explore a ways to be more conservative with our water usage. We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel. Best regards, Four Points Perth.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Last time I stayed in this building it hadn't been renovated, and it was fairly run down, so it was with trepidation that I approached staying there, but the conference I was presenting at was there so it made sense. First impressions of the foyer and public area didn't do much to give me confidence, its a very utilitarian space. That said, the bar area was good because there was lots,of space and the chairs were comfortable; we used it for a meeting and it worked quite well, coffee was ok too. The lift areas and hall ways also looked like they had been painted, but fairly roughly, so was very pleasantly surprised by the room, which was modern, the bathroom new (not just new paint job) and the bed really very good. Airconditioning was good, reasonably quiet. Could hear some street noise, but this seems to be inevitable in any cbd hotel in pPerth. Easy walk to the central shopping area and 15 minute walk to kings park, close to 2 train stations, across the road from the Perth arena. Easy walk to Northbridge, as there is an overpass over the railway line next to Perth arena. Conference food was excellent. Conference rooms could have done with better sound proofing and natural light.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Malimover, thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. We are pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and our great location. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back at the hotel soon. Best regards, Four Points Perth.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I recently stayed here overnight with my husband, who usually stays here for work (its always his hotel of choice when staying by himself on transit to/from the airport). On this occasion our kids stayed home so we asked for an upgrade to the Deluxe room and it was great. The room was spacious, very modern and spotlessly clean. The bed was very comfy and we had a great night's sleep without any disruption from noise from other guests, the aircon or from traffic outside.

I was interested to see the internal door to the shower/toilet area because I had read other mixed reviews reviews on TA about the door (ie the door is heavy opaque glass and isn't the full length of the door space with about 30cm gap top and bottom and no lock). I quite liked the door and the smaller size really wasn't an issue for us and I actually thought it was quite edgy and modern, but I can see why others might not like it (eg my mum who likes complete privacy). But I will say that the bathroom facilities were spotlessly clean, bright and modern (no mould or cracking grout), and it was a relief to have the glass shower panel rather than a musty old shower curtain which some of the other 4star hotels in Perth still have.

The room was well appointed and there was an ipod dock next to the bed which was a nice touch and sounded great.

We had the buffet breakfast which we both thought was great with plenty of choice, lots of seats and the price was included in the upgrade.

All of the staff were excellent and friendly.

The hotel has vallet parking ($35) however there are two public car parks on the same block as the hotel and they are very very close walking distance so we parked our car there (Elder St Car Park). It was about $24 to park our car overnight from 8pm to 10am. I think the opening hours are about 5am to 12midnight, so perhaps not suitable if you have an early morning flight.

The entire hotel has recently been renovated (formerly Citigate) and I did stay there once prior to the reno. I love the new decor, clean lines and even the funky bathroom door. We will definitely stay here again, and as mentioned my husband requests to stay here each month when travelling to work (and he has tried the lot!!)

My only negative is that about 24 hours prior to driving up to the hotel, I emailed the hotel to ask a question about parking and as yet (4 days later) they still haven't responded! Perhaps if you have a question it might be best to call them direct rather than wait for a response.

Overall we really enjoyed it. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a Deluxe and it did give us a little more room than the standard. Our room number wa...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eccythump
Judith B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear eccythump, thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. We are most pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. I am sorry to hear that we were not efficient in responding to your email, this is definitely something I will follow up. We look forward to welcoming both you and your husband back to the hotel soon. Best regards, Four Points Perth.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Very nice hotel close to the centre and on the opposite side of perth arena. We stayed in a small but clean standard room and enjoyed the facilities provided. The staff was exceptional and very care taking, especially at the front desk and the restaurant. We stayed for a night but would definitely come back for a weekend trip.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ronjmaa, thank you for the positive feedback provided. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff helped create a memorable hotel experience. We are very pleased that you will be returning to the hotel and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back. Best regards, Four Points Perth.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I've been staying here over several months. The staff look after me so well and generously. Anticipate my thoughts. They are nice to everyone in fact.
Comfortable refurbished rooms, flexible food and great wine. Imaginative, thoughtful decor.
Sensible rates available, too.

Room Tip: Avoid other hotel groups who charge more for less.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Judith B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Expectans_expectavi, thank you for providing us with feedback on your recent stay. We are most pleased you received great service from our team and enjoyed our refurbished guest rooms. We do hope to welcome you back at the hotel soon. Best regards, Four Points Perth.