“Inner city hotel”

Four Points by Sheraton Perth
Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Great service, staff were more than helpful. Hotel has had a refurb and rebadge. We were only staying the two nights which was fine. A longer stay would have been hard.
Room was very small, although clean bright and modern. Bed was two singles joined together which i am not a fan of. The bathroom didn't have door, it was open. The only thing separating where you slept ate between you and the toilet was a glass saloon style door. It was opaque glass who you couldn't see through it but you could definitely hear and smell everything! Not pleasant if you're sharing the room with husband, friend partner etc.
I guess if it was just you'd it wouldn't be a problem.
It was a hot couple of days and the ac didn't appear to be able to keep up. I called down to housekeeping who confirmed how to fix the control. Unfortunately it only got hotter!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Pluses: - really good location, close to the business/shopping district, park and the train station,
- great helpful stuff
- VERY comfy bed
Minuses: - NO door between the bed and the toilet/bathroom let hear/smell everything...
- No good separation for a shower sets ALL bathroom under water EVERY time (meaning after the shower of one person, another one can't use the toilet and have to wait for a cleaning).
Personal experience: + very quiet on weekend in and around the hotel, - got something wrong (despite tasty) in the hotel restaurant and had stomack upset for 2 days.
RESULT: Could be great for lonely business travellers, but not for families or long stay

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The rooms have been recently renovated and are fresh and bright with spacious bathrooms. The concierge and check in staff were very nice and went out of their way to be friendly and efficient. Beds were comfy and rooms quiet.As with all pubs in Perth it is probably overpriced but in context of the city I don't think it is. A pretty soulless bar but a nice breakfast room - but they sting you for bfast at $33/head and you have to pay on top of that if you have a latte etc. Not sure if a good location or not as only overnighted in transit but i would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Judith B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear StuckinBangers, thank you for providing us with feedback from your recent stay. We are pleased that it was an enjoyable one. There are definitely areas still to work on and we thank you again for your constructive review. We do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back at the hotel next time you are in Perth. Best regards, Four Points Perth.

Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Room 108 for two nights, even though there was a promotion of 50% discount on room rate it was still $250/night without breakfast, WIFI $20 extra, tv broken on arrival. Power outage of 3/4 of all power points three times in a row, offered replacement room 305 the second night at 10pm when TV broke down again. Wasn't looking for compensation because of the inconvenience but wasnt offered anything anyway. Looks like they dont care if customers are coming back or not, because its Perth they probably can fill the rooms easily. Didn't eat there but also didn't look very inviting. Rooms were average size and so was bathroom, clean though. Wouldn't stay there again as staff also wasn't very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed for one week. The room and bathroom sizes are large and have recently been refurbished, hence everything was clean and stylish. Room service food was quite good - though alittle pricey.

Alot can be said about Perth hotel prices but its all driven by larger economic factors. Four Points is about as good as you'll get in this very expensive city. Concluding remark - I would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights on a business trip - arrived late and wanted to go straight bed.

First issue was that the electricity in my room went. I called reception who sent someone to take a look. The issue couldn't get resolved therefore I had to pack my bags and change rooms.

Second issue was the paper thin walls. The couple next door were having a domestic and I could hear everything word for word! Doors banging all night kept me awake..

The locations is ok, room decor fairly nice. I didn't eat in the restaurant so can't comment on the food.

Coincidentally I had stayed in this hotel before when it was branded something different. According to my taxi driver it has changed names several times in the last few years. Coincidence? I think not...

Won't be back.. Much prefer the Pan Pacific or the Novotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Gordon A
Judith B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear GordonA,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share the gift of feedback through Trip Advisor. We would like to sincerely apologise for the less than satisfactory experience you encountered and will ensure these concerns have been addressed. We do know that our Maintenance team did attend to the electrical issue first thing the following day and this was resolved however we were not aware of any noise issues you may have experienced from the adjoining rooms. We will review this to see what amendments we can make to ensure this is not an issue moving forward. The hotel property itself has changed names on three occasions in the past 35 years since it was built, however since Starwood Hotels and Four Points took on the property in June 2012, we can assure you we are here to stay. We have just undertaken a complete hotel refurbishment and are continually looking at ways to enhance our guest experience and quality of stay. We respect your wishes to stay at alternative accommodation when travelling to Perth however should you be willing to give the hotel another opportunity, we would be delighted to welcome you back so we could renew your faith in our hotel. With kind regards.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Was really looking forward to staying here as I had heard it had been taken over by Sheraton and had been refurbished, we arrived on the 15th feb and parked in the multi storey car park directly behind the hotel, we walked through a lane and entered the front of the hotel which looked fresh and modern, had a bit of trouble understanding the lady behind reception her English was broken. Check in was easy, room was nice at first glance, my husband went for a shower first as we had to meet friends for dinner. I went to have a shower but had to turn the shower off as the drain was blocked and the water wouldn't drain away, took over 2 hours for the water to drain away! We returned from dinner and I decided to make a coffee, I boiled the kettle went to get the milk out of the mini bar fridge to which I discovered the milk had been opened and well over half used. So I rang reception to where I explained the used milk and asked if I could get a replacement, 1 and 1/2 hours later I get a knock on a door when I open it a man was standing there holding an empty glass???? We cooked all night! Could not adjust the air con so just laid in a pool of sweat! Got up in the morning and had to have quick showers so we both could have one before it over flowed!
My opinion I was not impressed, I sometimes think I am too fussy but considering the price of hotels in perth I don't think I am! Bonus about this hotel is it is newly decorated and directly across the road from the perth arena, we never ate at the hotel we chose to walk round to fast eddys around the corner. Unfortunately we are booked in again for the same hotel in two weeks for a concert, I wonder what can go wrong! I did tell reception about the blocked shower on departure and also asked if we could be placed on the same floor as our friends on our next visit, I was given an apology about the shower but never offered any sort of " we will take care of you next time" or any go the extra mile! I get sick of complaining but sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the attention! I could of been horrible about it and insisted I get a new room but instead put up with it! Next time I will whinge!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family