“Not a Four Points, a 3 pricey stars!”

Four Points by Sheraton Perth
Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Australia has become a very expensive destination over the last 10 years. The mining boom in WA has converted Perth one of the most expensive cities in Australia. The rates charged by this hotel undoubtedly respond in part to this bonanza, but this hotel lacks of the amenities that would compensate for its many shortcomings. To begin with at check in I was told that I were to use my Amex card they would have to charge all nights I was planning to stay upfront as a deposit. I thought that was kind of cheesy and asked if I could use my Visa instead and they say sure, but we ought to charge you 10% as a deposit. They could not offer me a reasonable explanation for these deposits but it caught me by surprise. There is no pool in the hotel, only one restaurant and a bar. None of these are particularly remarkable. In fact, nothing is particularly remarkable about this hotel. My room was ample and quiet, with a spacious bed and a nicely appointed bathroom. Internet's paid except in the lobby. The hotel is located right across an ugly-looking sports center inspired by some Lego artist and at a long walk from downtown. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Two nights in Perth at the Four Points by Shraton in Perth.

ONLY GRIPE: In a fist world country like Australia Wifi should not be $20 per day; not at the room rates charged in Australia. Were it not a work trip I would have not stayed on principle.

Unlike many other reviews I found the check in staff quite friendly and efficient.

The room was clean and had good furniture with some slight signs of wear (it is a hotel after all).

The bathroom was clean and restocked and cleaned each day. The free bottled water was appreciated.

The bed was big and comfortable and the aircon worked great; unlike some cities (are you listening Canberra??!)

Otherwise a hotel is a hotel is a hotel. I caould not steer people away for any reason other than the age old wifi; which would be a problem for people with kids these days.

Room Tip: Only stayed there once. Th halls are a bit of a rabbit warren so find your hotel room and make a in...
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

I come to Perth quite often for work and have stayed at quite a few hotels. Four Points has to be one of the best in terms of the actual room. Well appointed, clean and comfortable - prob the most important factor for me. Room service food choice is limited, but reasonable quality. Service is fine, not outstanding but by mo means terrible. I actively recommend this hotel to colleagues as I've stayed in some pretty shabby establishments in Perth and paid a lot more.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was scheduled to fly into Perth last Sunday at 9pm. Unfortunately my plane was delayed and it was close to midnight by the time I reached the hotel. I had a hire care and had made a special effort when I booked to ensure that there was car parking available as the street is quite busy. I was told there was valet parking so no problems. When i arrived at the hotel I couldnt get into their driveway. It was completely covered by cars. I pulled up just past the hotel onto the pavement and then walked back with my bags. I asked the desk clerk how to arrange for valet parking and she indicated the car park closed at 7pm. She suggested I try and find a street park in the city. My journey had already taken 8 hours and now I was being asked by a young woman to roam a city I dont know at midnight and find my way back. An odd thing to say to another woman. I asked her if I could leave the car with the others out the front and she said that they were being valet parked in the morning. That sounded like the best I could hope for so suggested to her that perhaps I could do that at collect the car the follwoing evening after work. She agreed although wasnt too enthusiastic. The whole encounter left me feeling rather disappointed that I had to solve the problem and that the attitude of the desk clerk was less than helpful.

So suggest you check the car parking times if you are taking a car and have a backup plan if your flight is delayed for any reason.

As previously reviewed the rooms in the hotel itself are spacious and modern although i found the air con to warm whereas others have said it was cold. I couldnt get the room temp below 23.5 slihtly too high to sleep for me anyway.

The hotel is on the edge of the city so probably not the first choice for tourists or business people. i definately wont be back though

Room Tip: Rooms at the back would be quieter but its not a particularly noisy area in the evening
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Lovely room, comfy bed, good air con, free bottled water, slight walk into main part of town about 10mins and to get to train station or cross over to northbridge but not that far. I quickly booked and didn't check if there was a pool and there's not which is the only downfall of this lovely hotel. I didn't notice any works going on it must be finished now.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have stayed here twice; both times when in a fix. Perth hotels are expensive, often full, and often 'english as a second language' territory. This hotel is okay and competitive in the market. It is also in a reasonable location, with a small convenience store next door.
The breakfast and dining facilities are minimalist but good to have as a fall back. There are better alternatives within walking distance. The rooms and beds are good.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel is good but was left a little disappointed by our stay. If your going to the exhibition centre its 100% perfect but for the rest of Perth there are other hotels better located. It's just a tiny bit out of the way. Room was lovely but the view of a wall was a little underwhelming. Downstairs in the reception area which overlooks the dining it feels very cold and practical. There was no map of Perth in the room or surrounding attractions and the reception staff seemed unaware of what was around. It was a good stay without being great. Not top of my list to return but wouldn't be disappointed if I had to, and absolutely perfect for the exhibition center

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple