“Central, but questionable value for money”
Review of All Suites Perth

All Suites Perth
Ranked #33 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Perth, by it's very nature, is reputed to be expensive thanks to the mining industry. However, the price of this hotel doesn't reflect the quality one would expect. The room maintenance was poor (the seal on the washing machine had perished and caused it to leak; there weren't just scuff marks on the wall, but dents where plaster had been knocked out; and the jug blew a fuse and then didn't work).

However, the hotel is very central to Perth CBD with free bus services very close. The room was clean and although a little too soft for me, the bed was very comfortable. I found the room to be very quiet - no traffic noise and not too much noise intruding from other rooms.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Emma R, Manager at All Suites Perth, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear kiwilittleg,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give your feedback on your recent stay at All Suites Perth.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s very convenient location and that you found our brand new beds to be comfortable!

I do apologise however for the poor maintenance standards you experienced in your apartment. we have recently appointed a new maintenance company and are working very closely with them to improve the overall quality of maintenance in all of our apartments

We would love to welcome you back when you next come to Perth, so please do not hesitate to contact our friendly receptionist team now available 24/7 to help you organise your next trip!

There are newer reviews for All Suites Perth

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed in a one bedroom apartment for 3 nights for business, staff very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately the hotel did not meet my expectations of what $270 a night would provide, even in Perth. One lift would not open on ground floor and was extremely noisy and made banging noises, unfortunately the lift well backed on to my bathroom which constantly woke me up during the night. While I enjoy a good curry the smell from the restaurant seemed to permeate through the whole hotel including my apartment. The bathroom had a dirty pipe smell, while my apartment had a lick of fresh paint and newish carpet there is no hiding a dated building. After a disturbed night due to a fire alam and having to evacuate in my pjs I decided to checkout and book into somewhere else for the 4th night, the guy at reception told me I would have to pay a cancellation fee, he should have know better than to mess with a woman who had no sleep for 3 nights, spoke to another young girl later in the morning who was happy to waive the cancellation fee. A quick search on my iPad and I was booked into the 5 star Duxton just down the road for the same price $220 (Fri night) which included 2 buffet breakfasts and a bottle of WA wine which I needed after my stay at All suites Perth. Must say the fire alarm is extremely loud and impossible to sleep through, sorry can't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jac L

Dear Jac L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property, and I have passed on your kind works to the team.

I am truly sorry to hear that your stay at All Suites did not quite reach your expectations. I have addressed your issues with my Maintenance Manager to ensure that additional attention to maintenance is provided and we are also in the process of upgrading our two lifts over the next few months.

I understand your disappointment in regards to the fire alarm disruption at 8:30pm on the night of 1st November; all our apartments are equipped with both heat and smoke detectors to ensure your safety at all times. There was a fire hazard in the building that evening, and despite this alarm being highly disruptive, I was relieved to know that the fire evacuation system works as it should and all guests were able to return to their apartments safely after the incident.

Due to the inconvenience you experienced during your stay we were happy to waiver the cancellation fee for your last night’s stay and apologise that this was not provided to you initially.

Rates in Perth over the weekend reduce significantly compared to during the week and great deals can be found at most hotels including All Suites. I would love to give you the opportunity to experience All Suites Perth in a more positive light and should you be returning to Perth in the near future please feel free to contact me directly as I would be delighted to assist with your booking.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Had a great stay at All Suites. It was our first time to Perth and the receptionists were very friendly in helping us to get directions to get around. We had a two bedroom apartment for 4 nights. It was comfortable for a family of 4 and had a fully equipped kitchen, comfy couches, table and chairs for dining, dryer, washer where we could cook and easily wash our clothes. The stoves were working fine too. There was only one aircon in the living room, it was spring so it is cooling at night so it was fine. The only problem was the lifts were spoilt one afternoon and we had to climb the stairs up. But they got it fixed within hours, lucky that we did not have to carry our luggage down the next day!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Emma R, Manager at All Suites Perth, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear Olivia J

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such great review on our Hotel! We are absolutely thrilled you had an enjoyable stay and it is feedback such as this that reinforces our commitment to provide an exceptional guest experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in Perth!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed here for three nights in rooms at the rear of the building. The rooms were noisy. The second bedroom backed onto the kitchen and bathroom of another apartment. You could quite clearly hear any meal preparation and showering - not ideal if you have small children. There was also some construction in the building so drilling noise could be heard from 7am onwards.

There are lifts which are slow but functional. From the second bedroom, we could hear the doors chime, open and close.

There is limited parking at the apartments. Street parking is available over nights but it is timed parking during the day so you have to move your car every two hours.

There is a bar downstairs which is small but popular so there is a line up outside the apartments on weekends.

The nearest supermarket is well stocked approximately 5minutes brisk walk along Hay St (three city blocks)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Natalie R
Emma R, Manager at All Suites Perth, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Natalie R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give such constructive review of our Hotel! All Suites is conveniently located at the edge of the Perth CBD within walking distance from shops and all main attractions.

I am terribly sorry to hear that you had to experience the construction noise in the building next door. This is an office building and after investigation, it turned out that the renovation company was only allowed to work that particular weekend, regardless of our hotel residents, which was extremely disappointing. I have addressed your comments with the building Manager to ensure our staff is informed in advance of any further work.

I sincerely apologise that you found our parking options inconvenient. We do indeed offer a very limited amount of car bays onsite, but free street parking is available overnight and over the weekends. On weekdays, we always recommend one of the convenient Wilsons car park around the hotel.

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly at the hotel when you next plan on coming to Perth as we always guarantee best rates!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed here in July when in Perth for a concert. Had struggled to get accomodation at short notice and ended up here.
Apartment was a good size and had everything we needed but a couple of the chairs were stained which was off putting. Everything worked as it should.
House keeping kept the room looking good and didn't miss anything, reception staff were helpful too.
Location is great, walking distance to the shopping centre and near to great restaurants. We even tried the on site Indian and had a great meal there.
However we thought the place was over priced with not even a gym to enjoy. Also lack of parking was an issue.
Wouldn't go back simply because Perth has so many better and cheaper places to stay

Room Tip: it sounds like you have to ask in advance about the quality of the room you'll be placed in
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Emma R, Manager at All Suites Perth, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear mrswinendine

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property, and we hope you at a good time at the Smashing Pumpkins concert!

I have passed on your kind words to our team members, and I am thrilled that you found all of them helpful and efficient!

All Suites is situated just at the edge of the Perth CBD, within walking distance to all main attraction, but in a quieter area at the same time, which makes its location very convenient.

I sincerely apologise for the marks that were found on the chairs in your room. I have addressed your feedback with our Housekeeping Manager to ensure such instances are reported straight away. We have since had these chairs steam cleaned.

We do not have a gym onsite, but we do offer complimentary access to Fitness First in the City Centre to all our guests. You should have been informed of this facility and I sincerely apologise this was not the case this time.

We would love to welcome you back when you next visit Perth, but please feel free to check out also our sister property Pensione Hotel Perth as it has gone through a complete renovation very recently! We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Online booking (direct) was a breeze, and cheaper than using other hotel booking sites. Reception staff were all very friendly and pleasant and very helpful with queries/complaints.

There is a small flight of stairs up to the reception, however a sign (which isn't very prominent) advises that there is a lift, accessible through the carpark, however for most of our stay, access to this area was locked from the street, so we could only use it to exit, not enter the building.

Whilst the place was clean enough, our room was certainly not as nice as the one shown on the website. Staff told me that each room is individually fitted out by its owner, so the standard of fit out, fixtures and furniture varies from room to room (even though each room type has a standard price!)

Had a few issues with the room - air-conditioning didn't work, second bedroom didn't have a window for natural light or a fan for circulation and a cigarette smoke smell seemed to be coming in through the ventilation. Also room wasn't in great nick, with water damage to paintwork. Friendly maintenance staff did come to look at the aircon (which couldn't be fixed) and offered a room change (which we declined) or alternatively fans/heaters (which we accepted).

It was however a good room size and the kitchen was fitted out with everything we needed. The spacious balcony also had a lovely view. Unfortunately the beds were not very comfortable and the washer/dryer didn't seem to work.

Room seemed to be serviced some days, but not others. I didn't alert reception staff to this, because it didn't personally bother me.

Location was pretty good - free CAT bus service departed nearby as did regular bus services. Short walk to Hay Street Mall.

Whilst all of the staff were very pleasant and incredibly helpful and the rate seemed reasonable, due to the number of problems with our room, I'd probably stay elsewhere next time!

Room Tip: Ask about inclusions in the specific room you will be given - the standard and room inclusions seem...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Emma R, Manager at All Suites Perth, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear MillySJ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give such constructive review! It is feedback such as this that enables us to continually improve our product and services. I have also passed on your kind words to our friendly team!

You are absolutely correct; All Suites Perth has a lift access to the ground floor reception via the car park. Assistance with luggage should have been provided and I sincerely apologise this was not the case. In order to guarantee our guest’s safety, our basement entrance is not accessible from the street without a remote control, but we do lend them on request usually to our guests who need access at all time (with a pram or a wheelchair).

Most of our apartments have been equipped with new beds and linen in the past few months and we are currently in the process of upgrading the remaining apartments. I am sorry to hear that you were not allocated one of those apartments, and that you experienced so many disruptive issues during your stay. We would have welcomed the opportunity to rectify any of your concerns during your stay and if available move you to another room. I have addressed your feedback with our Maintenance and Housekeeping Managers to ensure that additional attention to maintenance and cleanliness is provided.

We would love for you to try one of the rooms that have received the equipment upgrade on your next trip to Perth and it is such a pleasure for us to look after our regular customers! Please do not hesitate to contact us directly at the hotel as we always guarantee best rates!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights in a studio apartment. Check in and out were easy and staff were nice and pleasant.

Major downside is the stairs to reception there's more than a dozen narrow steps that are difficult when carrying a medium suitcase, I would not have liked to be carrying a large suitcase or anything heavy (min was 15 kilo's and that was enough). Not sure what the access is for anyone that could not navigate stairs, maybe lift from the car park.

The other downside is the TV is no good for freeview channels, there was snow on most channels, channel 10 seemed to be missing and one ABC channel had no audio. The pay tv channels worked fine, great if your into news, sport or history/discovery channel,no good if you wanted to watch anything else.

Upsides are that there is free wi-fi (once you get the access code from reception) the room was clean and had everything I needed. A quick stroll across the road is a bus stop for the free Red CAT bus that gets you to the CBD/railway station. A short stroll in the opposite direction is the Perth Mint.

The bathroom was modern and very clean, however the vent looked like it had been repaired and replaced at some point as the current vent did not fill the hole in the wall and seemed to be pushed in on the top.

Overall it was a pleasant stay and would definitely consider staying again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Emma R, Manager at All Suites Perth, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear regulartraveller74,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property, I will definitely pass on you kind words to the team!

All Suites Perth has lift access to the ground floor reception via the car park. Assistance with luggage should have been provided and I sincerely apologise this was not the case. Further training has been provided to ensure this service is offered to all guests.

Most of our apartments have been equipped with a brand new televisions in the past 2 months and we are currently in the process of upgrading the remaining apartments.

Thank you very much again for your honest and constructive feedback and please do not hesitate to contact me directly when you are planning your next trip to Perth as I would love for you to try one of our newly upgraded apartment. We look forward to having you back!