“Not impressive”

Ranked #27 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Brisbane, Australia
“Not impressive”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My company booked me in here for 3 nights for a conference nearby. First impression wasn't great, my colleague saw a rat run past the entrance to the hotel (not the hotel's fault though) and then there was only one girl on reception who was flat out. We asked if we could check in and leave our bags to be taken up to our rooms as we had dinner plans. We were told they can't do this do to lack of staffing and we had to be back by 11pm to collect our bags. The furnishings were ok (clearly a refurb of a very old hotel), my window faced a brick wall. The bed had the previous guest's hair all through it, the next night the sheets had blood stains on them (not my blood) - I asked to get them changed which they did promptly. Do yourself a favour and stroll down to The Terrace Hotel for a decent brekkie as the buffet brekkie wasn't great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Stacey H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I am one fussy traveller and was very worried when my company booked me into the Rendezvous due to the rating on Trip Advisor. However, what I did not realise is that the poor ratings were submitted prior to the hotel being renovated.

The room I received was tasteful: I especially liked the cute carpet and the stylish furnishing. Despite my window facing a wall, the room was light and airy.

As others have said, the room service was not particularly exciting: and as the hotel could is around the corner from Hay St, Shafto Lane and King Street (great spots for chic dining and shopping) I'd probably go out more next time.

Upon arrival I had some difficulty parking my car and had to ask the Concierge to drive it into a better spot in the car park for me (long story, but let's just say I'm not the best driver).

The lobby contained some great brochures for travellers including Urban Walkabout which I loved.

Some minor maintenance was needed but despite this I will be requesting that my company book me into the Rendezvous next time,

Room Tip: I think id prefer facing a brick wall to the highway as it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Nova F
Scotland
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for business for two weeks. Room was ok, but not great. Had an intimate view of a wall! Had problems with people in room floors below smoking which polluted my room. Underground parking is free, but can be tricky to fit into. Steak in restaurant is surprisingly good. I recommend the VIP Package which gives you free wifi and a shirt laundered each day.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Carotheexplorer
GMgrRSPER, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Central, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thanks for your comments. The room has been designed with the Perth Corporate Market in mind and unfortunately not all rooms have a view of the Swan river or up to Kings Park - but let reception know next time and we can try to move you if the view isn't to your liking. As for the smell of smoke - unfortunately, not all our guests adhere to the No Smoking policy of the hotel and we do everything possible that we can to stop them, appologies if this disturbed your stay. Free Parking ? I'll assume the reception staff forgot to invoice you as we charge $25 per night and yes, the area is small with only 20 bays available, but offers piece of mind with security lock up. Finally and most pleasingly, I'll pass on your comments to the chef regarding your meal.

Regards
Chris Archer
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The hotel doesn't have much character. The front desk staff range dramatically from friendly to hostile. Housekeeping is poor. The towels smelled musty, and the room was always missing toiletries from shampoo to soap. Rooms will not be serviced unless you hang the sign on the door requesting service. Room service and the restaurant close at 9:00pm. The breakfast is good, but service is very slow. Service in the bar is very slow (I got a drink free because it didn't arrive for 25minutes). The location of the hotel is good. Quiet rooms. Rooms are large, but quite stark.

Room Tip: The first floor is noisy because the centre of the floor is open to the lobby and bar below.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Travelbug13Canada
Somerset West, South Africa
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I spent several days at the Rendezvous during a recent business trip to Perth. I had a great stay and was really pleased with the rooms as well as the location of the hotel. It is right on the edge of the inner city, meaning you can pretty much walk anywhere downtown in about 5-20min. Also it is only a few 100 meters to Kings Park, where there are amazing opportunities for running, walking, and enjoying the views over the city center. The waterfront is also only about 5min walk away.

The rooms are quite comfortable, with separate living area and bedroom, almost a 1-bedroom apartment, and a small kitchenette area. Although close to the motorway, the rooms are very well sound insulated and there was absolutely no external noise. The room was clean, spacious, and comfortable and I had a great night’s sleep. Internet is available in the rooms, however you do have to pay a bit extra for it. The elevators could do with some maintenance. They shudder, shake, and jolt all the way to your floor – quite alarming on your first ride, but you get used to it.

The buffet breakfasts are fairly average – poor selection and there always seems to be a shortage of food in the buffet line. Definitely not worth the exorbitant $29. The basement gym is small but decent, only able to handle a few people at a time. There are 3 medium quality cardio machines (treadmill, elliptical, bike), a very small selection of dumbbells (only up to 10kg), and a reasonably new multi-gym. Good enough for basic workouts.

I thought that the hotel was good value and I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again. Recommended to all travelers who need a reasonably priced place in the city center.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank DanO68
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Recently stayed at the newly renovated Rendezvous Studio Hotel...Monday the 7th. I thought it was fantastic... the rooms were very well done and very comfortable. the overall look and feel of the hotel was really well done and modern. The staff in the restaurant were very friendly, especially our server Matt, we even made a point to thank the Head Chef for the food as it was fantastic! we shared the buffalo chicken wings... OH... MY...GOD... AWESOME!! The ribs werer amazing and my partner had the eye fillet, very good...thanks to Katherine for making our checking out a smooth one. we loved our stay so much were are going to book again for Australia day!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rob m
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Had a function south of the river and didn't want to travel all the way north after a night out. This hotel has all you need to crash for the night. Staff seemed unorganised upon arrival I guess can be forgiven as I had only put the watif.com booking through an hour before. Also when asking for a toothbrush they seemed hesitant to bring it up to the room.

Breakfast was great when you ask for a big breakfast you get a BIG BREAKFAST very nice and piping hot.

Another few small issue was that there were mosquitoes in my room. I am sure I could have been moved but I really couldn't be bothered. I also heard a slamming door all night, wasn't sure if this was another room or the service door. Possibly management could look into replacing the strips surrounding the doors so it is not such a loud blunt slam.

Room Tip: Great business hotel, seek a hotel with a pool if you want to relax
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank JDLEF
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perth
Perth CBD
Travelodge Hotel Perth

Been to Rendezvous Hotel Perth Central? Share your experiences!