“Good city centre location.”

Parmelia Hilton Perth
Ranked #18 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed August 9, 2009

I stayed here for one night and enjoyed good service from the porters, concierge and room service.

Room was very clean and comfortable although the view was dire, as we overlooked an uninspiring office block.

I enjoyed the ease of access to central Perth. I least liked the lack of parking although the porters were very helpful and unloaded our luggage from the rental car.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,346)

Reviewed July 29, 2009

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in July 2009. The hotel was chosen because of a discount which was available at the time.

The hotel was located in Perth's central business district - a few minute walk to the shopping district and river-side promanade. We liked its convenient-but-quiet location.

We stayed in a standard room which was slightly smaller than I expected. Nevertheless, there was enough room for us to move around in the room (in bed and out). The room's decoration and furnishing was typical of a upmarket chain hotel though a bit outdated.

Majority of the hotel staff members we came across were polite and quick in response. Check-in was very fast and room services were delivered pretty soon after orders were placed. Housekeeping was a bit of a disappointment - on a couple of days we hanged out the 'clean my room' sign on the door and phoned the housekeeping, but saw that the room remained not cleaned upon return a few hours later. In another occasion, I asked for a pre-checkout because of my early flight but the bill was not delivered to my room until after mid-night (I was expected it would be delivered in 10 min after I requested).

We had breakfast and dinner both in the restaurant and in-room, and food was tasty. It's just that they didn't have a wide range of options, even in the resturant.

In general, a nice experience, esp. considering that there was a huge discount on the room rates. If I visited Perth again, I would consider staying at the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KeepDiscovering
Reviewed July 6, 2009

Stayed at the Pamelia Hilton with my wife for one night in February 2009 and again for two nights in June 2009. The service was fantastic, friendly staff and hassle free check-in/out. They accommodated a late check out without any problems. The breakfast buffet is lovely! Huge choice on offer and great staff. The only disappointment were the rooms, they are really in need of refurbishment as they are very old and dated (small screen huge old TV from the 80s for example!) On a positive note regarding the rooms we both agreed the beds were very comfortable. Location of hotel is ideal for the convention centre as it is only a 2 minute walk but not very convenient for restaurants or nightlife as it is a 30 minute walk to Northbridge. Parking is a problem too as both the hotel & the nearby convention centre are over $30 per day.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank OzzieTravellers69
Reviewed June 18, 2009

I wish we could give 4 1/2 stars.. My husband and I stayed at The Parmelia Hilton for 2 nights while travelling through to Cairns. The room we stayed in was very clean and comfortable. The bed was glorious! We are not used to sleeping in a King Size so we lost each other during the night! The linen and pillows were so comfy. My hubbie especially enjoyed the flat screen LCD TV.... The concierge guys were especially attentive and only too willing to help. The hotel allowed us to have a late check-out at no extra charge and we also stored our luggage until 9pm at night due to a late flight out. Overall our stay was very pleasant and relaxing. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2009

Decided to stay at this hotel as thought it was quite central but not actually in the city. This proved to be right and was a good location. We arrived on a Saturday (as that was when we disembarked from cruise ship in Freemantle)The area included the Financial District so was very quiet on Saturday and Sunday but in the week all the little cafes came alive. We asked for a view and we were given a room wth one looking down to the Swan River .We did not eat at the hotel so cannot comment on food.It took approximately 5 mins to reach the heart of the city and 5 mins in the other direction to the Swan river.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jowms
Reviewed May 20, 2009

This was a comfortable and clean hotel. Great room , quiet and good for leeping - Fabulous room service - great bathroom, very clean - very comfortable stay, fabulous bed. quiet but effective air con.
hotel restaurant was nice. great bar. Good location.
my only problem was no free internet in the room - this should be standard by now.
The room rates were expensive in comparison to other options so I would expect free wireless.

I got sick with a cold while I was there - the staff were lovely - they went out and bought me panadol - and didnt charge that to my room. Guest liason people rang twice a day to see if I was feeling Ok and if I needed anything. They bought me ice cream when I had a sore throat even though the kitchen was closed. They really went the extra mile.

Thiscould have been a horrible trip but thanks to the Parmelia staff - it was OK.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank travellerX44
Reviewed April 23, 2009

This place is decent, but does not stack up to the Hilton in Sydney or Brisbane. The internet connection is extremely weak, and can barely even pull up email. If you plan to send documents perform anything that requires bandwidth, forget about it. As i am typing this, I wonder if these characters are even going be posted.
Also for the traveler, this fitness facility is rated poor at best. Again compared to other Hilton's around the world, you will have an opportunity to exercise once the other person is finished.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business