“Solid, Reliable Performance for Business Travelers”

Parmelia Hilton Perth
Ranked #17 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed August 15, 2014

The Parmelia Hilton provides a solid standard of service that is very helpful when traveling on business. Check-in and check-out work quickly and smoothly. The doormen assist with taxis, directions, and moving luggage. The concierge desk is staffed by competent people. The bar and provides a reasonable place to meet with colleagues, whether socially or as an extension of the business day.

The food offered in the breakfast room buffet is good, especially the freshly-peeled fruit selection. Lunch and dinner menus also are sufficiently varied, the food is of good quality and the wait staff is surprisingly, refreshingly friendly.

The room I had was on a floor that had been remodeled recently, and everything was fine. It was nicely decorated, the bed was comfortable and the internet worked very well.

The hotel is reasonably secure. At certain - if not all - times of the day it is necessary to insert a key card into the elevator in order to use it.

Overall, the best choice I've found in Perth in the $200-$300/night price range.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side from any construction that is underway.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Dear arjaydobleyoo

Thank you very much for your fantastic detailed review.

The Team and I are delighted you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and we are thrilled to be the best choice you have found in Perth.

It’s especially pleasing to hear you were very happy with the service from our Team and also enjoyed your dining experiences in Adelphi Grill.

Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Parmelia Hilton Perth

Reviewed August 7, 2014

I have no idea why I haven't stayed here before, being a fairly frequent traveller to Perth. It's actually a stay I'd look forward to. Great beds, good staff and really lovely rooms with just that extra level of care that makes all the difference.

When I checked in, assisted by a courteous and efficient staff member, I found an apple and a mandarin sitting on my desk, as well as complimentary water. My pillow was strewn with chocolates when I returned from dinner.

Dinner was a good meal but a bit of a mistake. I ordered chicken wings, thinking that they were somehow Buffalo wings and got a basket of fried food that I found practically inedible. I really don't like fried food, but to those who do, it was probably good. My fault not theirs.

My only teeny tiny criticism is the level of communication from staff. As I've mentioned in other reviews, I like to be left alone while I'm staying at a hotel. I don't like being told by the waitress which bowl to use to put my discarded chicken wings in. I don't like being asked by the waitress if I want my unfinished dessert sent to my room. I know it all came from a place of good intentions and helpfulness, but please don't comment on my meal.

I also don't like having my coffee delivered early in the morning only to have my curtains pulled back and the light switched on by the delivery person, who then proceeded to comment that it was an 'early start' for me. I'm on Melbourne time, which I then had to leave my cosy morning bubble and explain. Leave me in my bubble. I'm big enough and clever enough to adjust the light all by myself and I don't want to have to explain my eating and sleeping habits to strangers.

All of this though, like I said, was from a place of helpful friendliness. So if you crave human contact, if you like telling staff all about your life, come on down...this is the place for you.

Even that minor inconvenience won't stop me from coming back. Overall a first class hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Lyn S
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear Lyn S

Thank you very much for your detailed review.

I am delighted that you had a very enjoyable stay and found your new home from home in Perth!

Your comments concerning the areas of our service that were not to your satisfaction have been reviewed with the Team and I’m very sorry for any intrusion.

Our executive chef has been made aware of your feedback concerning your dining experience. Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointment.

It’s great to hear that overall you were very happy and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Overall there are no major issues with the hotel. however it is a bit run down and the bathrooms do need updating. the internal surfaces were covered with dust. The breakfast was included in the room rate so it was ok. However it appears to be $38 per person for full breakfast and compared to full breakfast at Hyatt it is lacking.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear Konstantin K

Thank you very much for your review.

It’s great to hear you were very happy with the value for your money and that you generally enjoyed your stay.

With respect to décor, we have almost completed our guest room refresh, replacing all furnishings to provide a more contemporary presentation. We anticipate all work will be completed by the end of September and feedback has been very positive.

My sincere apologies for the housekeeping shortfall which has been immediately addressed.

I am sorry you were disappointed with your breakfast experience. Whilst you have not made any specific comments, I am very sorry for any shortfall. Please let us know next time you plan to stay if there is anything at all we can do to make your experience more enjoyable. Our full buffet breakfast in Adelphi Grill offers a large range of different options, including international selections, or you can chose from the breakfast a la carte menu.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

I would have to recommend this hotel to anyone going to Perth if they wanted to be in the CBD/night life/Kings Park area. Just a few minutes away from Kings Park for an early morning walk; a few minutes from shops and the same for the night life. I consider the room rate I got excellent value (made even more economical by the fact that it was in such a good location I never had to pay for a taxi to any sites). My room was clean, the bed enormous, plenty of towels and the staff were so friendly and helpful. I would most certainly stay at Parmelia Hilton in Perth again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Littleboots1

Dear littleboots1

Thank you very much for your great review.

We are delighted you had such an enjoyable stay and really appreciate your recommendation.

Kings Park is really beautiful at this time of year and it’s great to hear you appreciated the Hotel’s close proximity to the park and the CBD.

Safe travels and see you soon.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

The staff at the Parmelia Hilton are great, no complaints there. The only negative would be the dated look. While the rooms have new, large flat-screen TVs, the rest of the furnishings seem to be a couple decades old. Everything is clean and in working order, but the hotel is in need of a renovation.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo

Dear xlnja

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and especially appreciated the great service from our Team.

With respect to décor, we have almost completed a refreshment program of guest rooms and suites, replacing all furnishings to provide a fresh contemporary feel. We hope you will be returning soon to enjoy the changes.

Thanks again and safe travels.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

The Hilton Parmelia was the perfect location for a long weekend in Perth for anniversary, short walk to Kings Park, shopping and ferry terminal. Hotel surprise us with bottle of Champagne to celebrate.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Jex1968

Thank you very much for your review.

So glad to hear you enjoyed your anniversary celebration in the Hotel and especially appreciated our close location to the very beautiful Kings Park.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

We found the friendliness and service of ALL the staff to be excellent. Any queries or problems were dealt with quickly and easily. Our little daughter had an exciting and wonderful experience and just loved it as she was treated like a very special guest. A lovely family weekend!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Janine E

Dear Janine E

Delighted to hear you enjoyed your weekend getaway with your family and I’m so pleased your daughter felt extra special.

Thank you for your great recommendation and we hope you will be back very soon.