“Weekend family getaway”

Parmelia Hilton Perth
Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We found the friendliness and service of ALL the staff to be excellent. Any queries or problems were dealt with quickly and easily. Our little daughter had an exciting and wonderful experience and just loved it as she was treated like a very special guest. A lovely family weekend!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Janine E
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear Janine E

Delighted to hear you enjoyed your weekend getaway with your family and I’m so pleased your daughter felt extra special.

Thank you for your great recommendation and we hope you will be back very soon.

David

Write a ReviewReviews (2,400)

Reviewed August 3, 2014

The hotel was excellent, service was good, bedrooms very comfortable and clean. Breakfast each morning was really good, plenty of choice, would recommend to stay here. location was central, valet parking very handy.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Karen G

Thank you very much for your great review.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay in every way and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

My husband and I just had an overnight stay at the Parmelia Hilton which we found lovely. The staff were wonderful upon arrival and departure our room was great and breakfast was amazing. We found some lovely bars close by and wish we could have stayed longer. The only down side we found was no free wifi.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Dear Sue M

Delighted to hear that you and your husband enjoyed every aspect of your recent stay and especially appreciated the Hotel’s convenient location.

I’m sorry we weren’t able to offer free inroom Wifi on this occasion. Many of our room rates and packages do now include Wifi, and complimentary Wifi is always available in the Lobby, Adelphi Grill and Business Centre.

We hope to welcome you back very soon. Thanks again!

Reviewed August 1, 2014

The beds were terrible, two beds pushed together to form a king sized bed which kept moving apart during our stay. Our bathroom was dirty, still having soap scum on the bench and dirty tissues in the bin. The first night we did not have any towels, rang for these and they were bought to our room, although it did take some time.
The biggest downfall of our stay was the air conditioner which did not work, on the first night we hardly slept due to the stuffiness and humidity in our room, despite adjusting the temperature and fan levels. I asked for this to be fixed the following day and although it was a tad better it was still not what I would expect
The following day our room was not cleaned until late in the afternoon and our towels were left sitting on the chair near the window, I would have thought they should have been in the bathroom??
I have stayed at Hilton Hotels in Brisbane and Sydney where the service, the cleanliness and the overall atmosphere is 100% better than Perth Hilton

Dear Jane M

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

I am extremely sorry to hear there were aspects of your stay that were clearly unacceptable and that these issues were not addressed during your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfall.

I would very much appreciate an opportunity to personally address your concerns, if you could kindly contact me at david.constantine@hilton.com or by telephone on 08 9215 2000.

In the meantime, please be assured your feedback is taken very seriously and has been immediately reviewed with senior management for corrective action.

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you and the chance to make amends.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Just finished an overnight stay at the Parmelia Hilton with my wife at this 5 star hotel. The stay was pleasant other than the sleep quality of the bed. We stayed in a deluxe king suite. The bed instead of the King size bed is two King Singles pushed together. Unfortunately the two beds kept coming apart, and we had to continually push them together. Now maybe the ability to put an actual King bed in the room is awkward due the room access, but I suggest that if using two King Singles that you strap or fasten the joining legs so to prevent the beds separating. Staying in a hotel of this class and reputation is no cheap affair, so I would expect that the quality of the bed be at the highest order. I have emailed the hotel directly regarding this issue.

Room Tip: Make sure the bed is of the size expected
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear Doorne66

Thank you very much for your review and for your email.

Naturally, I am very sorry for any issue with your king bed and that this was not corrected during your stay. The beds are connected so this should certainly not occur. I can understand your disappointment and I’m very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I have replied to your email and appreciate the opportunity to make amends.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

The location of the hotel is fine ..5 min walk from the Swan River....and about 7 mins to the shops...we stayed here for our Wedding Anniversary which is a rare treat for us as we have children and were so disappointedThis is not what I would call a 5 star hotel, our room was very small and the curtains didn't close properly, so in the morning you were woken up by the early morning sun. The bathroom was very small .....The breakfast was disappointing...the eggs were not freshly cooked ..so the fried eggs were very dry. Also when we went it was raining, we had dressed up to go out for dinner and went downstairs to get a taxi ....we waited about 3 or 4 minutes and the valet ( which there were 2 ) didn't speak to us although you could clearly see we were waiting, I then spoke to them and asked him to get us a cab he just went outside and said there was the cab, he didn't call the cab down to us and he didn't offer us an umbrella to the cab,which we had to walk to.... which is disgraceful for a 5 star hotel .

2  Thank Louise T

Dear Louise T

Thank you very much for your review.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the aspects of your stay that were clearly disappointing. I am very sorry you have left with a poor impression. I would appreciate an opportunity to address your concerns personally if you could kindly contact me direct at david.constantine@hilton.com or by telephone 08 9215 2000.

In the meantime, your experience with our Concierge team is certainly disappointing and has been immediately addressed. I can understand your frustration and sincerely apologise for the shortfall.

I am also sorry you were disappointed with your room size and for the issue with the curtains.

Our chefs will happily freshly cook eggs on request and I’m sorry that you were unaware.

I look forward to hearing from you and the chance to make amends.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We spent the weekend at the Parmelia Hotel Perth and it was a wonderful experience. From the checking to departure the staff was excellent. Sarah at the Hilton Honors checking counter was excellent. Adelphi Restaurant food and service was excellent. Well done Parmelia Hilton.
M& H Nelson

Room Tip: Be a Hilton Honors Member & enjoy all the benefits
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear malcolm n

Thank you very much for your fantastic review.

Delighted to hear that you were so happy with your recent visit and that the Team made such a great impression. Thank you in particular for the special mention you have made of Sarah from our Front Desk. I have taken great pleasure in passing on your comments and I know the recognition is very much appreciated.

So good to learn you really enjoyed your experience in Adelphi Grill.

Thank you so much for the feedback and fantastic recommendation. We hope to see you soon.