“It is Perth after all”

Parmelia Hilton Perth
Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Parmelia hilton is a nice,neat and comfortable central hotel in perth city. Its not amazing or even that wow factor type of hotel but what do you expect. This is perth after all. The lack of fancy amazing hotels here in perth are far from it. And the price you pay for a hotel like the hilton is far too pricey for what you get but like i said this is perth after all. The hiltons rooms are great nice and comfy bedding and a all together clean room. Hilton was a great experience for a few nights of alone time with my husband.

Stayed: July 2014
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear Kaos03

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us for a relaxing break with your husband.

It’s fantastic to hear you had such a great experience and especially appreciated your comfortable bed.

Thanks so much for your sharing your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

David

Write a ReviewReviews (2,400)

Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is a pleasant hotel in the city centre and the staff were professional and very friendly. They gave us a complimentary bottle of wine and chocolates as it was our wedding anniversary. The rooms are nice and clean, although we found the bathroom to be very tiny. Unfortunately the guests next door had an all night party and we had to call the front desk at 1.30am and again at 4.00am as the noise was so bad. As this wasn't bad enough the air con was incredibly noisy, felt like we had a generator in the room with us. The buffet breakfast was nice but we found that the cooked food could have been warmer. All up we were disappointed, would have expected more from a Hilton.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jakey777Perth
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Jakey777

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

It’s great to hear you were very happy with your room and the service from our Team, however I’m extremely sorry to learn you were disturbed by a neighbouring guest room and that there was an issue with your air conditioner. Please accept my sincere apologies. I am so sorry these issues were not resolved during your visit.

I would appreciate a chance to personally address your concerns and wonder if you could kindly contact me direct at david.constantine@hilton.com or by telephone on 08 9215 2000.

Thank you again for letting us know about your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back and ensuring a peaceful stay.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Like all Hiltons, the Parmelia Hilton in Perth was very good.

Greeted at check in (I am a HHonors Diamond Member), given an upgrade, free internet and breakfast included, our one night stay with my wife was very enjoyable.

Ideally suited for business or conference travel, it is one block from the Perth Convention Centre and right in the city centre. It is also a good base for family exploration of Perth and surrounds.

The breakfast buffet was excellent, valet parking was convenient and the Adelphi bar made great Margaritas.

Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Michael L

So pleased that you and your wife enjoyed your recent visit to the Hotel.

We really appreciate your review and are delighted that you especially enjoyed the benefits of your Diamond Hilton Honors membership and the Hotel’s convenient location in the Perth CBD.

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to seeing you next time you visit Perth.

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Came up short of expectations for a Hilton brand hotel. While the rate is in line with most hotels in the area - the amenities come up short. The breakfast buffet is expensive and poor on quality - watch the refrigerated foods carefully. My recommendation is to shop wisely before relying on the brand's reputation.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear WGBerry

Thank you very much for your review.

Whilst I note you enjoyed your stay, I am sorry that we did not seem to deliver on your expectations and I sincerely apologise for any shortfall.

I would appreciate an opportunity to address your concerns personally if you would kindly contact me direct at david.constantine@hilton.com or by telephone on 08 9215 2000.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

This would be the only hotel that I would revisit if staying in Perth. Friendly/helpful staff...love the room..( we were upgraded at no extra cost) which was so perfect for that particular weekend. Felt very safe in this hotel being as how I tend not to feel too safe in the Perth cbd. The room was spotless and the bed a little too comfortable! See you again Parmelia Hilton..hopefully really soon and thankyou.

Room Tip: Higher floor with a view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jeaniesue51

Thank you very much for your review.

We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your weekend in the Hotel and especially that you feel safe and very comfortable.

Look forward to seeing you again. There will be a warm welcome waiting.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

The Parmelia Hilton Perth is a very comfortable, central hotel with high quality restaurant. Staff at the hotel were very attentive and were on hand for any enquiries, assistance with luggage and dining service. On departure there were cleaning trolleys in the passage ways which had to be negotiated round (not too difficult but bit untidy) and my bathroom door needed either replacing or sanding and repainting. Overall however, my stay was very pleasant. The bed was deliciously luxurious complete with a "pillow menu". The brunch I had in the restaurant was generous and high quality.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear 197anneh

Thank you for your review.

Delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay at Parmelia Hilton and especially that the Team looked after you so well.

I sincerely apologise for the issues with the bathroom door and for the inconvenience caused by the housekeeping trolleys which have been addressed.

The Adelphi Grill Team and I are really pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your breakfast experience.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

For the appreciation of Diamond status members, the Parmelia Hilton does not really recognise you – perhaps minimally - so if you have HH status, keep your expectations in tow. On check in they had me in an un-renovated room and although not seeing it, I suggested that perhaps they could do better. The desk staff kindly obliged and put me in a renovated room (which was OK) but the point here is they should not have had to adjust the room selection as the Hilton clearly sets expectations for those with high status HH members. Unfortunately these are not met by the Parmelia (in my opinion). It would have been OK if I was there for one night but I was/am staying the week. There is no executive lounge (not an issue for me) and they compensate with a voucher for one free drink and a tapas plate for each night you stay. Thankfully the tapas plate was gratis as I would not pay the normal $19 for 5 pieces of penne pasta, 4 prawns which were barely legal size and 2 small pieces of pork belly – all would have fitted in the palm of your hand. A bowl of peanuts may have been better – one learns from ones experience! The most annoying thing was a minor issue. You only receive bottled water on the first night you stay. This was pointed out to me quite directly by the staff when I asked for more some water on the second night (such audacity). It would appear that you are expected to visit the convenience store attached to the Hotel to purchase your own if you stay more than one night. Now I have stayed in many Hiltons worldwide along with many non-Hilton ranging from 2 to 5 star and I have always received bottled water. Alas not the Parmelia – so bring your own! I know it may sound petty but I stay 80-100 night a year in Hilton’s and this is the first Hotel worldwide that I have stayed in (Hilton or otherwise) where I am expected to purchase my own water – petty as it sounds.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear TravelEverwhere

Thank you very much for review.

I am very sorry you were disappointed by the recognition you received as a Hilton Honors Diamond guest. Please accept my sincere apologies. Your experience has been reviewed with the teams concerned with regard to your room allocation in particular. Your comment concerning the tapas selection is the first we have received and has been addressed with our Executive Chef. We are sorry you were not happy and will be reviewing the selection.

Please also accept my apologies for any disappointment caused by the complimentary water delivery to your room. Our valued HHonors Diamond Members do receive the 2 bottles on arrival but not each day.

We hope to have a chance to change your impression next time you visit. Thanks again for your feedback.