“5 Star Price, 4 Star Quality”

Parmelia Hilton Perth
Ranked #15 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Perth
“5 Star Price, 4 Star Quality”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed at the Parmelia after 24 hour flight so was desperate to get into the room.

When ringing up with a ride from the airport we were trying to get info where to park where we were met by a very sarcastic and rude person, was only trying to get parking options and believed they were rather up themselves. $50 for parking a day a swell a little steep when you've just paid over $300 for the room.

Check in was fine, staff was a trainee but very helpful and quick and efficient with bags up to the room straight away.

Room was good size and believe to have been one of the updated ones , massive bed which was good. Bathroom still seemed a little behind for a 5 Star, being marked and dirty in alot of areas. Little touches in the room was greatly appreciated as it was a special occasion so cannot fault the efforts of some of the staff, made to feel good there.

Also had some attitude when asked for some water in the room made to feel not great again.

Also $30 a day for wifi is expensive , should be accommodated in my opinion.

Location is good, rooms were nice. Just expected a bit more from the Hilton i suppose. The attitude of some of the staff needs to changed from slight snobbery on occasions.

Would stay again , not for the same price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear LEB14

Thank you very much for your review.

I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your visit recently to celebrate your special occasion, however I am very sorry for the shortfall in service you have mentioned. Please be assured this is not usual and certainly not the impression intended; your feedback has been addressed by retraining.

With respect to parking; the valet rate is monitored regularly to ensure we are in line with the Perth CBD and is actually less than the nearest self-parking alternative, with the added bonus of unlimited returns in a 24 hour period. I am very sorry for any disappointment.

We are so happy you enjoyed the extra touches in the guest room.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you next time.

David Constantine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We love staying at this hotel - from the moment you enter the foyer you feel welcomed. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The pool and gym are a great feature. Dining is great - we recommend this hotel to all our family and friends.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Paul H

Thank you very much for your review.

The Team and I are delighted to hear you had a very relaxing stay and that you especially enjoyed your dining experience in Adelphi Grill.

We very much appreciate your great recommendation and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I originally booked for 5 nights which got extended (so far to 18 nights). Hotel was generally good although internet was very expensive and poor. I would be embarrassed to charge for it it was so bad. Hotel also lost my laundry - this has not yet been resolved but if I don;t end up with my laundry back I will be a very unhappy bunny as that is ALL my clothes!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Rita P

Thank you very much for your review.

It’s great to see that you have been happy with most aspects of your stay, however I am very sorry for the issue with your laundry and I understand this has now been resolved. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Unfortunately we did experience a problem with the internet connection this week. The problem has now been resolved and we have ensured that any guest affected by the issue has been appropriately compensated. I am very sorry for your poor experience.

We are delighted you have extended your stay with us and we are working hard to ensure the remainder of your visit is hassle free.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback.

Greater Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I arrive at 9pm - or midnight on my body clock. And my room isn't ready?!?! This is what you get in Perth for $295. Now I get to sit here wondering how long it will take till the room is ready. Lucky I'm a Hikton Honours member! Obviously counts for nothing

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank WombatOne
Dear WombatOne

Thank you very much for your review.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in your room by available on check-in. I can understand your frustration and I am very sorry for the poor impression.

If you would care to contact me direct at david.constantine@hilton.com, I would appreciate an opportunity to discuss your experience personally.

Thank you for your review and I hope to hear from you soon.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights on business. Service friendly and good. Facilities good, food good etc, but should be at these prices. Wifi kept dropping out, more often off for long periods than on. Spent 1 hour on phone to the IT help desk who said their reboot should solve the problem. It didn't. In today's business world, wifi is as essential as electricity, it's a minimum standard. Previous reviews have mentioned this same problem. And to add insult, the wifi is expensive. Enough to prevent me returning to this hotel. I won't be back.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JDE260767
Dear JDE260767

I’m very sorry to hear you experienced an issue with the WiFi connection during your visit due to a technical issue and I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused. So I can address your concerns personally, I would appreciate it if you could contact me direct at david.constantine@hilton.com.

In the meantime, I note you were very happy with the overall service and facilities and we hope to have chance to change your impression of the internet quality next visit. I look forward to hearing from you.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Firstly, the staff here make the stay more pleasant than it could have been. I was surprised by the hotel and ancillary costs versus value received. That part just did not make it for me. Rooms a bit on the smallish side, but quite functional and comfortable. The breakfast buffet option is more than most could (or should) eat, but is still a bit pricey. Plenty of local restaurants and pubs to expend a few steps and save a few quid. The doormen are ready with maps and suggestions, be sure to take advantage of that resource.

Room Tip: Opt for a higher floor away to minimise street noises.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear PeterJMDC

Thank you very much for your review.

I’m delighted to hear you enjoy the Hotel’s convenient location and had a pleasant stay, however I’m naturally concerned you were disappointed with value.

We hope to have a chance to change your impression next time you stay.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

It was a very enjoyable stay. We had dinner at The Adelphi Grill and Bar that was to a very high standard. The service was very good. The room was clean and functional, however the décor needed to updated and the beds needed to be firmer.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Adrian C

Delighted you chose to celebrate your birthday at the Parmelia Hilton and that you particularly enjoyed your dinner in Adelphi Grill.

We are updating the décor in guest rooms, replacing all furniture for a more modern presentation. We are sure you will appreciate the improvements. Four levels have been completed to date and we are working on the remainder over the rest of this year.

Please let us know of your preference for a firmer mattress next time you book.

Thanks very much for your review and we hope to see you again soon.