Parmelia Hilton Perth
Holiday Inn Perth City Centre(Perth)(Great Value!)
$105
  • Room Service
Pan Pacific Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$128
$105
  • Restaurant
Fraser Suites Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$107
$103
  • Pool
Travelodge Hotel Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$87
$78
  • Room Service
Adina Apartment Hotel Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$112
$103
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$120
  • Restaurant
Pensione Hotel Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$82
$200
$117
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Four Points by Sheraton Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$109
$91
Priceline
2,459 results
All reviewsadelphi grillqueen suitevalet parkingpillow menuroom servicean upgradeconvention centerelizabeth quaybit datedkings parkthe air conditioningper daycentral locationbuffet breakfastswan riverconciergepillows
Reviewed December 6, 2013

where to begin? first of all on arriving in our car and asking where to park we were told they only have valet parking at $50 or park on the street and move the car every 30 minutes or park at the convention centre which would probably cost more (according to them). we read later in the list of hotel services that they also have covered secure parking at a daily rate. not sure if thats true or not but either way feeling duped already. check in staff were pleasant enough. we were instructed to leave our bags on the trolley on the lobby floor. once we got up to our run down room with stained carpets, stained armchair, water stained bubbling paint on the ceiling, cracked tiles in the bathroom, peeling wallpaper, dirty grout, hair in the bath, peeling window tint and no complimentary bottled water (although tap water in perth is fine) we waited 1hr & 25 minutes for our sparkling wine 'on arrival'. this was with 2 phone calls to reception asking where it was. both times told it was on its way. we realised after 45 minutes our bags still hadn't been brought up so my partner went down to find them still sitting in the middle of the lobby floor unattended. then when we went to check out the pool/ gym area found the room key card not working which you need to access all ares including the elevator. at front desk we were told not to put the room card next to a mobile phone as it will stop it working. information perhaps better to be given when checking in? our room had a lovely view of the side of another building and an alley way full of bins. nice. so was the smell of cigarette smoke even though its a non smoking floor. funny that the 2 balconies to our left had a cigarette butt on one and a lighter on the other. at night loud music was heard until at least 1am. the only good thing about this hotel was the restaurant (adelphi bar & grill) for dinner & breakfast was great. oh and the toiletries are nice. you could eat at this restaurant without wasting your money on disappointment by staying at this hotel. shame on the hilton name

Room Tip: choose a room in another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank meljabu
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear meljabu

Thank you very much for your review.

I am very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent experience and would appreciate an opportunity to address your concerns personally if you could kindly contact me at david.constantine@hilton.com or by telephone on 08 9215 2000.

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies for the areas you have highlighted that were clearly unacceptable.

Our guest rooms are undergoing a refit currently, with four floors completed to date and the remainder due for completion in the new year. All rooms are being completely refurnished and we are confident you will appreciate the fresh contemporary feel.

With respect to parking and to clarify; valet parking is a $50 flat rate and offers the added benefit of unlimited returns in a 24 hour period. There is self-parking available nearby at a number of facilities at a higher rate for only one entry per fee.

So good to hear you enjoyed your dining experience in the Adelphi Grill for breakfast and dinner!

We do hope to have a chance to make amends and look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

On arrival we were asked if we wanted to upgrade to a larger room which seemed like a good idea at the time but the room we then got was so large I wondered what our original room was like and the view was hopeless. Lesson - ask to see the room before deciding. I put the lapse down to jet lag.
This hotel is in the heart of the business district so arriving on a Friday afternoon and spending the week end it was a bit quiet. No matter, all the buses in Perth are free (are you listening Boris) and get you to the places you want to be. Good service, good breakfast and a passable bar (it rained one evening).
Though in the heart of the business district the botanical gardens are an easy walk from this hotel and one worth making.

Room Tip: There are no rooms with good views as its surrounded by office buildings.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear BathfanOxford

Thank you very much for your review.

Delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and that the Hotel’s convenient location was of great benefit to you. Kings Park is really lovely at this time of year and a very pleasant easy walk from the Hotel; so glad you managed to experience it.

We hope to see you again in the future. Safe travels.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I have stayed at Hilton and Conrad hotels all over the world as an HHonors Gold member. This place is simply the worst of the lot.

The only redeeming feature is that the check in staff are friendly, that's it.

This is the second time in 2 weeks that I have stayed here. Both times no complimentary water,even though I was told it would be in room. Last time I had to make 3 phone calls to chase up, this time I won't even bother.

Upon check in at 415pm I was told that I had been upgraded to a king room with balcony. That just means a higher floor but way noisier. I had to wait an hour as the room was not ready. So after 500pm before I could get to my room. This was a refreshed room and really, it's average. The whole hotel is old and average.

I told the senior customer service manager to have my bags brought up to the room when I got my key. We'll after waiting 30 minutes I went down and just got them myself. No one questioned me I just took the bags. I saw the gentlemen talking to him mate, he looked at me but that was it. Shocking, no security or service at all.

No executive lounge just tops off what is a blight on the Hilton name. Seriously, this property is the worst of the worst. I won't stay here again ever, even as HHonors Gold I will stay elsewhere.

To summarise, the service is abysmal, the property is old and tired,even after the refreshed rooms. It's the noisiest hotel you could ever stay at. The traffic noise is ridiculous.

Avoid at all cost and stay elsewhere. You will thank me for it...

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank Russell2374
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Chesty1

Thank you very much for your review.

I am naturally very sorry to hear you were unhappy with aspects of your stay and that you have left us with a poor impression.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the issue with the water and for the delay in checking in. I am also very sorry for the poor experience with your baggage. The usual procedure is for guests to provide evidence of their identify prior to releasing bags and this has been followed up with the Concierge Team.

Whilst we note your reluctance to return, we do hope to have an opportunity to change your impression in the future and demonstrate the high levels of service and facilities we are indeed capable of.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels in Perth but recently stayed at the Parmelia Hilton in Perth and I am glad. It is in a good location. The breakfast (whilst expensive as per normal Perth prices) was very good with a wide selection. I ate in the Restaurant and found the food of a very high standard.

The best part of my stay was the staff. Unbelievable is one word that comes to mind from the Reception Desk, Breakfast and Dinner etc. I forgot to pack my cuff links and asked the reception where could I buy a pair. They informed me that I could "borrow" one of their loan pair at no cost - which I did and save myself $100.00. Great service and would definitely go back to the Hilton.

Room Tip: Try the continental buffet breakfast - it is very good. Their steaks at night are huge and tasty.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SydneyTraveller_2008
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear SydneyTraveller

Delighted to hear you were so pleased with every aspect of your stay and I’m so happy we were able to save the day with the cuff links!

Thanks also for your comments concerning your enjoyable breakfast and dinner experiences in the Adelphi Grill.

I have shared your great feedback with all of our Team and I know they appreciate the recognition, thank you.

Hope to see you back at the Hotel and Adelphi Grill very soon.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

For a two day stay in Perth for a wedding we chose the Parmelia.

Arriving at 4pm our room was still not ready. I had phoned twice (and spoke to people off-shore which is very annoying) to request a quiet room and ended up being woken every 1-2 hours on both nights by doors slamming. It appears the management have chosen the noisiest hotel doors ever.
Our bathroom door would not stay open, the fittings were rusted and filled with flies and dust and there was no soap in the bathroom and shower.

In redemption the location is great and the lobby staff, especially the concierge, were very helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Melissalouise74

Dear Melissalouise74

Thank you very much for your review.

I am very sorry you were disturbed by noise during your visit and for the housekeeping shortfall. Please accept my sincere apologies.

To clarify, our bathroom doors are designed to close automatically to prevent the guest room’s air conditioning from being extracted through the central extraction system in the bathroom. I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future. We will ensure a peaceful visit.