“NEEDS SOME TLC”

Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Perth, Australia
“NEEDS SOME TLC”
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

A bit run down now and cruddy. Bed head had a huge stain on it and linen etc very dated! However I've never slept so well as the bed was huge and SO comfy! Great location and took us twenty to walk to northbridge for dinner. Staff so friendly ! Wouldn't stay here thinking your getting 5 star but it's not awful!!

• Stayed August 2013
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear nikki_marie_rogers

Thank you very much for your review.

I’m very sorry for any disappointment with your guest room. The Hotel is undergoing an improvement programme currently, with all furniture in guest rooms being replaced to provide a more contemporary feel. We have completed four levels to date with the remainder due for refit in the new year. We are sure you will appreciate the fresh new presentation.

Our linens are replaced very regularly so I am very sorry for any shortfall. Our Executive Housekeeper has been made aware of your comments.

Great that you found the bed so comfortable and enjoyed the Hotel’s close proximity to Perth’s night life.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

David Constantine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Very out dated bathroom, no room service after 10:00pm. The aircon was extremely noisy and sounded like the compressor was just on the other side of the wall For the amount it cost and under the Hilton name i have come to expect better from the brand The food for breakfast and dinner was good. always fresh and hot very pleasing I have stayed at many of the Hiltons around Australia and was very disappointed with the one in Perth.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Brett H
Dear Brett H

Thank you very much for your review. I note you have also completed our online survey and I will be addressing your concerns in more detail via your response.

In the meantime, I am naturally concerned to learn you were disappointed with aspects of your stay and that these were not corrected during your visit. With respect to inroom dining and to clarify; there are items on the inroom dining menu, annotated with a clock symbol, which are available 24 hours and I’m very sorry if this was not clear.

It’s great to hear you enjoyed your dining experience for breakfast and dinner in the Adelphi Grill.

Thank you again and we look forward to changing your impression next time you visit.

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

This is a great value hotel for what you get. We had a fantastic room, lots of channels on the tv. It has been renovated and is great but the best thing is the breakfast. We travel most of the year around usa and Europe and this I think has got to take the top spot.
The staff are very 'hilton' and we appreciated their respect.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear chelde

Great to hear you enjoyed your recent stay so much and especially appreciated your freshly updated guest room and breakfast in the Adelphi Grill.

We hope you will be returning soon. There will be a warm welcome waiting.

Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed here for one night passing through for business - the room was comfortable and modern and the mini bar well stocked with a good selection.

Staff were friendly and check in / check out swift and hassle free.

I especially like that there is a taxi rank outside this hotel!

I didn't make it to use the pool but had a view from my room and it looked nice and clean - I'll be back again for 3 nights in a few weeks time so hopefully i'll make it then :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Korinamcintyre

Thank you very much for your great review.

We are delighted you enjoyed your short visit and look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in a few weeks. The heated outdoor swimming pool and deck area is a great spot to relax in!

See you soon.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I took my partner here for a birthday surprise. The only good part of the experience was the bed which was super comfortable. The bathroom was run down and old and there was a lot of noise from the cooling system. I had issues with the billing and had no response for nearly a week dispite sending 3 emails. It's convenient but thats it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Emma R
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Emma R

Thank you very much for your review.

I am very sorry there were aspects of your visit that were clearly unsatisfactory and we hope to have a chance to change your impression in the near future.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor handling of your billing enquiry. We have also received your guest survey response and our Director of Operations has been trying to contact you by telephone. I understand other members of our Front Office team have also attempted contact by email and telephone without success in an effort to resolve your issue.

It’s great to hear you enjoyed the comfort of your bed and the convenient location of the Hotel in the Perth CBD.

If you could contact me direct at david.constantine@hilton.com or by telephone on 08 921 2000, I would be delighted to personally assist you.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I cannot really put into words my disappointment with this hotel - and with Diamond status I think it is worth taking notice of.

My room was very poor, holes in the walls and flaking paint outside. What are you guys thinking - the mining boom will last forever and you can provide what can be best described as an airport hotel? And if you are really serious why did I trip and fall on the poorly placed carpet - lucky I'm not living in the US!!!

I would be happy to show the shocking blanket that replaced the doña - it is disgusting!

As for the bar I waited 90 minutes for a plate of cured meat??? What the???

Get real, you need to lift your game. I will never stay in an outdated hotel that takes it's guest for granted!

4 Thank Grant T
Dear Grant T

Thank you very much for your review.

I am of course very disappointed to hear you were unhappy with your stay. Please be assured we take notice of all guest feedback and appreciate the opportunity to put matters right.

To that end, I would be grateful if you could contact me direct on david.constantine@hilton.com or by telephone on 08 9215 2000.

In the meantime, please accept my most sincere apologies for the issues that marred your visit. I look forward to hearing from you so I may personally address your concerns.

Adelaide, South Australia
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The hotel staff that I encountered were excellent, I have to compliment them on their service. There was also some complimentary chocolates and water on arrival - a nice touch. The staff in the restaurant and the food for breakfast (only meal I ate here) were both very good. The room itself was very small, this wasn't a huge issue as I was at a conference but it was still a surprise. The first thing I always check on entering a hotel room (due to being tall) is the shower head and location, I cannot believe hotels still have fixed shower heads on the wall such that someone of slightly more than average height (let alone me, at only 6'4") has to be a contortionist in order to wet and wash their hair. The adjustable arm type shower heads are a relatively small investment for the additonal comfort afforded to those who are slightly taller than 5'. On the plus side the shower heated up quickly and the pressure was fine. The mini bar fridge had a significant amount of water in the bottom of it, seemed the freezer bit was leaking - I dunno? The bed was comfortable enough and had a good mattress topper but the quilt only (no top sheet) was probably less than I was expecting, where's the top sheet gone? Also the air-conditioner was very noisy when it cut in which meant having it on overnight was a bit of a problem and being on the 4th floor I was still surprised at how much street and other outside noise was noticeable inside, except when the air con cut in.
Overall it's not bad and if the room rate was more reasonable I'd probably have given it a higher rating but when you are paying "top dollar" for a hotel room you expect a certain standard and with a few exceptions the Parmelia Hilton did not meet my expectation.

Dear Crui5erFJ

Very glad to hear you had a comfortable stay, however your comments concerning the shower head and air conditioner are noted and I’m very sorry for any inconvenience caused. Please let us know when you next make a booking and we will do our utmost to accommodate your preferences.

Thank you for making special mention of the service you received from all the Team! It’s great to learn you were so well looked after.

The Hotel offers a range of different room styles and configurations, and we can also allocate a recently refreshed guest room. Four levels have been completed to date, replacing all furniture and providing a more contemporary feel. The remainder of floors are due to be completed in the near year. Feedback about the fresh new presentation has been very positive.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.