In a city where there are no genuine 5-star hotels Hilton (or whoever owns the Parmelia) has an opportunity to be stand-out. Sadly they miss out on most counts. Check-in experience was fine but it all kind of went down hill after that. The rooms (which were at least big enough) look like they date from the 1970's and haven't been refreshed since. Cleaning is hit and miss. Some of the staff don't have decent English. Breakfast is a very average experience - staff are friendly enough but a bit too 'alternative' for my liking. Food just meets the minimum - no more. $50 per day for valet parking (though parking IS difficult and expensive in Perth) still seems a lot to me. It does have a convenient location in the city - unlike the Hyatt which is too far at the other end of 'the Terrace'. Unfortunately Perth is full of average or sub-standard hotels and this one just joins the list. An opportunity missed I'd say - because the city is crying out for a quality city centre establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Parmelia Hilton Perth is the city's most centrally located luxury hotel, in the heart of the CBD, across the road from the Perth Convention Centre and close to excellent shopping, restaurants and bars. Just a short stroll to beautiful Kings Park and the stunning Elizabeth Quay on the Swan River. From guest rooms to deluxe plus rooms and suites, all rooms at the Parmelia Hilton feature Hilton Serenity beds, high-speed internet (charges apply) and LCD TVs with complimentary cable and Foxtel channels. Relax by the outdoor swimming pool or work out in the fully equipped 24 hour gym. For a sizzling steak or a boutique beer on tap, enjoy the Adelphi Grill & Bar. The hotel's meetings and events floor with state of the art audio visual and lighting technology offers a choice of ten venues for 5-500, a 24 hour business centre and wireless internet access. The hotel's $55 per 24 hour valet parking service offers secure, under cover parking with the convenience of having your car brought to the hotel driveway as often as required. Valet parking is limited and space may not always be available, maximum height of vehicles is 1.9 m. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Parmelia Hilton Perth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parmelia Hilton Hotel Perth
- Hilton International Perth
- Hilton Perth
- Perth Hilton