“Good Hotel”

Parmelia Hilton Perth
Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Parmelia Hilton Perth in April on our way to overseas holiday. We stayed three nights and the hotel is good the staff were friendly and helpful. As far as 5 star goes I think it lacks that level more like a 4 star, but still we had a great stay and wouldn't hesitate to use this hotel again.
The meals at the hotel were good and shame their main restaurant wasn't open during our stay due to renovations.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear Tony W

Thank you very much for your review.

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and I’m very happy to let you know the Adelphi Grill has opened after a major renovation and is serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in a contemporary, relaxed ambiance. We do hope you will be returning soon to enjoy a meal.

Work will also be commencing soon on guest rooms which will be treated to a fresh new look.

Thank you again, safe travels and see you soon.

David Constantine

Write a ReviewReviews (2,384)

Reviewed May 17, 2013

First impression upon arrival was great, we were staying two nights and we had a huge room.
Turned out to be a nightmare as we were next to the gym and swimming pool, the air conditioning was on all night, didnt sleep a wink.
We asked them to try and sort it out the next day, we came back early evening and found it was still as bad so asked to move room which was incovenient as had to pack up again.The second room was a lot smaller but at least we had a good nights sleep.
Location wise - it is ideal for restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: Do not have a room on the 2nd floor nea rthe gym or outdoor pool, they may be larger rooms but you w...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Shelley C

Thank you very much for your review.

We are delighted you enjoyed our convenient location however I’m very sorry you were unhappy with your room allocation. I’m pleased you were moved to a more acceptable location for your second night though I’m very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back next time you visit Perth. Please let us know your preferences when you make your next booking and we will ensure a more peaceful location.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Happy with services, location and cleanliness of the place,, traveled with friends and highly recommend the Pamela Hilton Perth,, Thank you,,, we can not find any faults with place and will choose to stay there , when ever we visit Perth next,,

Room Tip: On the web , on line,
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Babatheflower

Thank you very much for staying with us recently and for taking the time to write a review.

It’s wonderful to hear you enjoyed everything about your visit and we are delighted you will be returning in the future.

Thank you for your fantastic recommendation!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed in this Hilton for only a few days. The location is quite good that you are able to access almost any attractions in the city by simply walking for a few minutes or take a blue cat. However, the hotel itself is a bit old and the service is not quite efficient coz I would have to wait for an adaptor for like, an hour till I asked again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Dear AngelaSxl

Thank you very much for your review.

Our convenient location does generate a great deal of positive feedback and we are very pleased you took advantage of the many attractions in the vicinity.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in delivering the adaptor you requested. Your experience has been reviewed with the Team concerned for corrective action and I am very sorry for the shortfall in service.

We are in the process of a refurbishment programme at the Hotel and will be commencing an upgrade of guest rooms very soon. We hope you will consider returning to enjoy these changes. Meantime, the Hotel does offer a range of different room styles so please let us know your preference when you make your next booking.

Thank you again and safe travels.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Hotel is very close to the city centre. Room was very clean and furnished for all our needs. The bed was huge and comfortable. The restaurant meals are very tasty and well presented although the restaurant is close to the bar and a little noisy. Over all a great hotel and a brilliant weekend stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Trudy T

Thank you for your review.

Delighted you had a brilliant weekend stay and every aspect was highly satisfactory!

Your comment concerning bar noise is noted and I’m very sorry for any disturbance. So glad you enjoyed dining in the Adelphi Grill. Reactions to our exciting new restaurant have been extremely positive and it’s good to hear we are getting it right!.

We hope you will visit us again next time you’re in Perth.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Barely average in all respects bar the excellent location. The restaurant is seriously overpriced for a hotel of this standard and therefore I never ate there during my two week stay. The main problem here is that US visitors come with certain expectations about what a "Hilton" hotel should be and this Hilton simply doesn't match up. I heard reports that other Hiltons in Australia are similar but cannot speak from experience. I hate losing the points but after the Perth experience, still ended up changing hotels to avoid the Sydney Hilton, largely due to the insanely high price and poor service when trying to adjust a booking. I can't help thinking that harm is being done here to the Hilton global brand image.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear M12321

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

Whilst I note you appreciated our excellent location in the CBD, I am of course concerned you were disappointed with aspects of your visit.

In particular, I acknowledge your comment concerning restaurant pricing and I’m very sorry this did not meet your expectations. Pricing is monitored very closely to ensure we are in line with our Perth CBD competitors, and as we know our guests rely on good value for money when making their choices. Since your visit, you will be pleased to know our restaurant has moved to its newly renovated home on the other side of the lobby and has received great feedback on the contemporary, relaxed ambience and delicious menu. We hope that you may consider dining in our new Adelphi Grill, on your next visit to Perth.

The transformation of our restaurant is part of an extensive refurbishment programme that will also see improvements to guest rooms over 2013 and we are sure you will appreciate the changes.

Thank you again for your feedback. If I can be of any personal assistance with your future arrangements for the Parmelia Hilton, please contact me direct at david.constantine@hilton.com.

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for a weekend getaway to Perth. After some issues with my flight, the fantastic service provided by the staff promptly overcame my frustration. As a Hhonors Gold, upon arrival I was upgraded to the top-floor and the room was standard Hilton style. The complimentary breakfast was amazing as it offered options from both Western and Asian cultures. The location is super-b and all the main attractions are within a short walk. I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family. Should I return to Perth, I will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank vitorborg
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear vitorborg

Thank you very much for your fantastic review.

So delighted you found every aspect of your visit to your satisfaction and of course it’s especially pleasing to learn the Team took excellent care of you after your flight.

It’s great to hear you enjoyed your full buffet breakfast in our newly opened Adelphi Grill offering a wide array of delights from around the world.

We really appreciate your recommendation and hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Parmelia Hilton Perth very soon.