“A perfect stay in an amazing city”

Parmelia Hilton Perth
Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for a weekend getaway to Perth. After some issues with my flight, the fantastic service provided by the staff promptly overcame my frustration. As a Hhonors Gold, upon arrival I was upgraded to the top-floor and the room was standard Hilton style. The complimentary breakfast was amazing as it offered options from both Western and Asian cultures. The location is super-b and all the main attractions are within a short walk. I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family. Should I return to Perth, I will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank vitorborg
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear vitorborg

Thank you very much for your fantastic review.

So delighted you found every aspect of your visit to your satisfaction and of course it’s especially pleasing to learn the Team took excellent care of you after your flight.

It’s great to hear you enjoyed your full buffet breakfast in our newly opened Adelphi Grill offering a wide array of delights from around the world.

We really appreciate your recommendation and hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Parmelia Hilton Perth very soon.

David Constantine

Write a ReviewReviews (2,400)

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Good location and well priced business hotel (for Perth), generally clean and bed comfortable. No frills; e.g. restaurant is new but unremarkable.Staff very helpful.
Desperately in need of an overhaul. The furniture is heavy and dark and the doors need to be adjusted so they dont spring shut with a deafening bang

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Dear Dougwrx

Thank you very much for your review.

It is pleasing to learn you had a comfortable stay and appreciated our convenient location in the Perth CBD.

Your comment concerning décor is noted and I’m very sorry for any disappointment. We are in the process of a refurbishment programme to include guest rooms and we hope you will be returning to enjoy these fresh changes. Meantime, the Hotel does offer a number of different room styles including some already updated guest rooms, so please let us know your preference when you make your next booking.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

As we got an excellent deal, we stayed here for 3 nights to catch up with some friends.

As the hotel is in the middle of the city, it was ideally placed for dining, transport to the suburbs etc. The accommodation was comfortable & clean though the rooms could do with a little TLC. The staff was helpful.

We hope to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sayuri d

So great to hear you enjoyed your recent stay! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

The “little TLC” you mention is being administered through a programme of improvements underway in the Hotel this year. Guest rooms will be given a fresh new look and we hope you will be returning to enjoy the changes. We have also just opened our new Adelphi Grill after a major renovation and are serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in this contemporary but relaxed restaurant.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Hi

Got a voucher from the manager to go back due to my previous review.
This time we stayed at King deluxe
Room was very spacious, bed very good, furniture on little lounge a bit strange match with sofa and outdoor chairs (?)- bizarre.

New restaurant apparently opening soon so breakfast will no longer be at the steak house.
We used the in room movie paye I think around $32 to watch as many films you want in 24 hours.

Had late check in at 2pm.

Lifts are still slow and have signs saying they're refurbishing too.

Check in reception felt the staff was desperate trying to upgrade us to get extra money from us.
Check out was quick

Parking car in hotel cost $50 per day, so not cheap.

Overall I would give 3/4 out of 5.

I hope after these improvements they get to standards of Hilton.

• Stayed: April 2013
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Evelyn M

Thank you very much for your review.

We are delighted you have been back to stay at the Hotel and that you enjoyed your visit. It’s particularly pleasing to hear you were satisfied with most aspects of your stay.

I’m very excited to let you know our new Adelphi Grill opened on Tuesday 7 May and we are serving breakfast, lunch and dinner every day in this contemporary relaxed space. I do hope you will be back soon to dine with us.

Your comment concerning furniture in the guest room is acknowledged. The Hotel’s refurbishment programme will be continuing in guest rooms this year and we are sure you will appreciate the fresh new changes. We have now completed upgrading 2 of our 3 guest elevators as part of the programme and are confident you will notice a marked improvement.

I’m sorry for any negative impression created by our upgrade offer at check in. The intention is to provide guests with an opportunity to experience a higher room type for a nominal fee; I have reviewed your experience with senior management for retraining. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback. We hope you will be returning soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

2 nights down and very little sleep due to the very hard bed and noise. I complained this morning and they say they will fix for us with a new room tonight. I hope the bed it better tonight.
Working long hours and coming back to this is no fun.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Andrew F
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Andrew F

Thank you very much for your review.

I am extremely sorry you were disappointed with the comfort of your bed and for any noise disturbance. I understand our Team addressed these issues once we were made aware of your dissatisfaction. Our Director of Operations, Gearoid Lyons, has tried to contact you on a number of occasions, without success, to ensure you are completely happy. Please let us know if we can assist any further.

Again, I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused by the room move and we hope you are now enjoying every aspect of your visit.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

This hotel was amazing. I got a great deal booking it and when I got there, they still upgraded me to a King room for free which was great. The gym was great for a hotel gym and the pool was even better, heated to 31 degrees which was great to swim in on a cold'ish day.
They have a nice bar downstairs which has a great selection of beers for a drink later on in the day.
The highlight was the bedding!! It has the best pillows I have ever slept on and I have stayed in hundreds of hotels all around the world. What was even better was when I left, they asked me if I would like to buy 2 new pillows they had which i snapped up straight away!!
I work in the travel industry and I will be recommending this hotel to anyone I talk to who is going to Perth from now on. Amazing!!

Room Tip: Go for the King room for sure!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear keiran m

Thank you very much for your great review!

We are delighted you enjoyed your visit and in particular that you had a very comfortable sleep. Good to hear you will be enjoying the same super comfortable pillows back home.

Thank you very much for your recommendation and we hope to welcome you back soon to enjoy our brand new bar/restaurant, the Adelphi Grill opening 7 May. The same great selection of beers will be available to complement the popular Adelphi menu with a few twists.

Safe travels.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Located centrally near shopping strip. The hotel is well maintained except we experienced some humming noise when we turned on the heater. Other than this, room is clean, smells fresh. The staff is quick and responsive, and helpful. Checking out was easy too.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear PapaRichWee

Thank you very much for your review.

Delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit, though I’m very sorry you were disturbed by noise from the air conditioning. I have made our engineers aware of your comment.

I’m especially pleased to hear the Team made such a great impression – thank you.

We hope to welcome you back next time you visit Perth.

Safe travels!