“Can't afford a electrician on the weekend . Are you kidding me!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Parmelia Hilton Perth

Parmelia Hilton Perth
Ranked #17 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Perth
“Can't afford a electrician on the weekend . Are you kidding me!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband surprised me with a two night stay at the Parmelia Hilton for my birthday. Well !!! The power kept going out in our room and they couldn't get an electrician in until Monday, Surely in the year 2013 where people work a 7 day week they could of got an electrician in. All we were offered was a free cup of coffee and cup of tea oh and also they didn't charge us for parking, What a Joke. We will stick to the Comfort Inn in Hay st. Much better Hotel than the Parmelia Hilton, We would never sta

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lynne C
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Lynn C

Thank you very much for your review.

I was naturally concerned to learn of your unsatisfactory experience and can completely understand your disappointment. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We would very much appreciate an opportunity to put things right and wonder if you could kindly contact me by email at david.constantine@hilton.com or by phone on 08 9215 2000 so I can personally assist you.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Parmelia Hilton soon.

David Constantine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Katy, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was on business with my company for a month. The first week was okay not great but not bad. The last 2 and 1/2 weeks were not so great. We got a bigger room which I must say was Pleasant but the maids from our room stole some of my wife's pills. I had no idea that I had to lock up my wife's vitamins since I have never done so in any Hilton. I stay in Hilton all over the world but this has definitely changed my opinion of them going forward.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Perth, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed here not good the room was unclean and there was 3 sheets on the bed no doona cover and on the bottom was a single sheet on a king bed the bathroom was not cleaned we had no soap or shampoo and no tolient roll the room smelled musty and the carpet wasnt cleaned the worst room i had stayed in never again not going to recomnded this hotel i work in the hospitality industry and would not do this to one of our guest.I am a Diamond member....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Dawn B
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Dawn B

We appreciate your review, thank you.

Naturally I am very concerned to learn of the housekeeping issues you experienced and have shared your comments with senior management for immediate action.

I can understand your disappointment and would be pleased if you would contact me direct so I can personally address your feedback, either via david.constantine@hilton.com or by telephone at 08 9215 2000.

We would love to welcome you back so we can demonstrate the high level of service and facilities we are indeed capable of.

Thank you again.

Bangkok
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

The room and the hotel is very old and gives the sense of 1970s. They just make it clean and changed only easy things to make the hotel looked not that old and keep clean. The request of nice view but got room on second level of the roof view. I travelled with colleague and booked with confirmed twin bedded room via agoda but the check in staff spent so long time around 10 mins to search for a room with twin beds as all were blocked for airlines crews, the key business, not myself. The check in time was almost 6pm. Then we were lucky enough to get the room type we booked not bother with the request of high floor and view. After many trips to Perth I have learned not to expect too much for beautiful or outstanding hotels.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank UncensoredLips
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear UnsensoredLips

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay.

Naturally, I’m concerned to learn of the delay you experienced at check-in and I’m very sorry that we were unable to offer the requested high floor. All guests are our priority and, occupancy permitting, we make every effort to accommodate special requests; I’m terribly sorry to have disappointed you.

With respect to décor; I am pleased to let you know that in addition to our newly refurbished restaurant, the Adelphi Grill opening 7 May, and upgraded guest elevators, we are commencing a refurbishment of guest rooms very shortly. We hope you will consider returning to enjoy these changes.

It’s great to see you enjoyed our fantastic location and that you were very satisfied with the level of cleanliness.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Sydney
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Pros:
Good location
Staff were very friendly and helpful
Good breakfast
Cons:
VERY NOISY - bar downstair was noisy until midnight. Doors slamming all night and a noisy fridge in the room. No sleep at all.
Mattress was too soft
Hotel is very tired and in need of a refit
Smelt of cheap cleaning fluid
Musty
Poor quality bathrooms

Room Tip: If you do have to stay there then ask for a high floor away from the bar
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MASLtravellers
Dear DoctorSydney

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

Firstly, I’m very sorry you were disturbed by noise during your stay and that you found your mattress to be too soft. We have recently replaced all beds with Hilton Serenity beds and do have the option to provide a firmer sleep. Please let us know your preference when you next make a booking.

We are embarking on a refurbishment of guest rooms shortly and we hope you will be returning to enjoy the fresh new changes. We are also opening our brand new restaurant, the Adelphi Grill, on 7 May where breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served.

It’s great you enjoyed our convenient location and delicious breakfast, and it’s especially pleasing to hear the team took such great care of you – thank you for making special mention.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Consett, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Staying for 6 nights in April 2013. Really disappointed in the quality - not what I'd expect of the Hilton chain. Rooms are extremely dated and badly in need of a refurbishment. Decor looks like something from the eighties, with everything a bit tatty around the edges. Has a grubby feel to it as if things just aren't very clean. Internet connection is slow and unreliable (and is paid). Even for Perth prices are very high. I was given a twin room (not what I'd requested) and was then 'kindly' offered the chance to move to a room with a kingsize bed for $95 a night. Thanks very much!
Really not very good at all.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AlanYain
Dear AlainYain

Thanks so much for your review.

I’m very sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay but hope you will be returning in the future to enjoy the guest room refurbishment commencing soon. Meantime, the Hotel does offer a range of different room styles. Please let us know your preferences when you next make a booking.

Please accept my apologies for any issue with the internet connection speed. I have passed your feedback on to our Information Systems Manager to review your experience. As an alternative to inroom internet, complimentary Wi-Fi is available in the lobby, restaurant and business centre.

Your comment concerning your room allocation is noted and I sincerely apologise for any misunderstanding with regard to room category booked.

If I can assist personally with any future stays, please contact me direct at david.constantine@hilton.com<mailto:david.constantine@hilton.com>

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have an opportunity to change your impression next visit.

Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was lucky enough to obtain a room at a special rate which is about $100 per night less than it is now. Loved the room, stylishly furnished, comfortable, had a view over the pool which was also lovely. Ate room service every night, particularly liked their signature burger. Only has valet parking available as you are unlikely to get anything on the street. This caught me out at $45 per day, but I was in Perth for medical treatment and couldn't walk far, so little choice regarding this. There was also some sort of function in the street on a couple of nights, not sure if it was in the hotel or in a nearby bar/café, but it was loud and went on until the wee hours which made it difficult to sleep. Otherwise lovely rooms and right in the centre of town.

Room Tip: I enjoyed a West facing room over looking the pool, south facing on upper floors may overlook the ri...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear fluffyfluffikins,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

We are naturally delighted you enjoyed your stay and the convenience of our location.

With regards to our valet parking; the Hotel does not own the car park, however we regularly monitor pricing to remain competitive in order to provide guests with the best possible value.

It is great to hear you enjoyed the view from your room and the in room dining!

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Thanks again!