“Not good stay”

Ranked #18 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Perth, Australia
“Not good stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed here not good the room was unclean and there was 3 sheets on the bed no doona cover and on the bottom was a single sheet on a king bed the bathroom was not cleaned we had no soap or shampoo and no tolient roll the room smelled musty and the carpet wasnt cleaned the worst room i had stayed in never again not going to recomnded this hotel i work in the hospitality industry and would not do this to one of our guest.I am a Diamond member....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Dawn B
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Dawn B

We appreciate your review, thank you.

Naturally I am very concerned to learn of the housekeeping issues you experienced and have shared your comments with senior management for immediate action.

I can understand your disappointment and would be pleased if you would contact me direct so I can personally address your feedback, either via david.constantine@hilton.com or by telephone at 08 9215 2000.

We would love to welcome you back so we can demonstrate the high level of service and facilities we are indeed capable of.

Thank you again.

David Constantine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bangkok
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

The room and the hotel is very old and gives the sense of 1970s. They just make it clean and changed only easy things to make the hotel looked not that old and keep clean. The request of nice view but got room on second level of the roof view. I travelled with colleague and booked with confirmed twin bedded room via agoda but the check in staff spent so long time around 10 mins to search for a room with twin beds as all were blocked for airlines crews, the key business, not myself. The check in time was almost 6pm. Then we were lucky enough to get the room type we booked not bother with the request of high floor and view. After many trips to Perth I have learned not to expect too much for beautiful or outstanding hotels.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank UncensoredLips
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear UnsensoredLips

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay.

Naturally, I’m concerned to learn of the delay you experienced at check-in and I’m very sorry that we were unable to offer the requested high floor. All guests are our priority and, occupancy permitting, we make every effort to accommodate special requests; I’m terribly sorry to have disappointed you.

With respect to décor; I am pleased to let you know that in addition to our newly refurbished restaurant, the Adelphi Grill opening 7 May, and upgraded guest elevators, we are commencing a refurbishment of guest rooms very shortly. We hope you will consider returning to enjoy these changes.

It’s great to see you enjoyed our fantastic location and that you were very satisfied with the level of cleanliness.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Sydney
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Pros:
Good location
Staff were very friendly and helpful
Good breakfast
Cons:
VERY NOISY - bar downstair was noisy until midnight. Doors slamming all night and a noisy fridge in the room. No sleep at all.
Mattress was too soft
Hotel is very tired and in need of a refit
Smelt of cheap cleaning fluid
Musty
Poor quality bathrooms

Room Tip: If you do have to stay there then ask for a high floor away from the bar
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MASLtravellers
Dear DoctorSydney

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

Firstly, I’m very sorry you were disturbed by noise during your stay and that you found your mattress to be too soft. We have recently replaced all beds with Hilton Serenity beds and do have the option to provide a firmer sleep. Please let us know your preference when you next make a booking.

We are embarking on a refurbishment of guest rooms shortly and we hope you will be returning to enjoy the fresh new changes. We are also opening our brand new restaurant, the Adelphi Grill, on 7 May where breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served.

It’s great you enjoyed our convenient location and delicious breakfast, and it’s especially pleasing to hear the team took such great care of you – thank you for making special mention.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Consett, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Staying for 6 nights in April 2013. Really disappointed in the quality - not what I'd expect of the Hilton chain. Rooms are extremely dated and badly in need of a refurbishment. Decor looks like something from the eighties, with everything a bit tatty around the edges. Has a grubby feel to it as if things just aren't very clean. Internet connection is slow and unreliable (and is paid). Even for Perth prices are very high. I was given a twin room (not what I'd requested) and was then 'kindly' offered the chance to move to a room with a kingsize bed for $95 a night. Thanks very much!
Really not very good at all.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AlanYain
Dear AlainYain

Thanks so much for your review.

I’m very sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay but hope you will be returning in the future to enjoy the guest room refurbishment commencing soon. Meantime, the Hotel does offer a range of different room styles. Please let us know your preferences when you next make a booking.

Please accept my apologies for any issue with the internet connection speed. I have passed your feedback on to our Information Systems Manager to review your experience. As an alternative to inroom internet, complimentary Wi-Fi is available in the lobby, restaurant and business centre.

Your comment concerning your room allocation is noted and I sincerely apologise for any misunderstanding with regard to room category booked.

If I can assist personally with any future stays, please contact me direct at david.constantine@hilton.com<mailto:david.constantine@hilton.com>

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have an opportunity to change your impression next visit.

Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was lucky enough to obtain a room at a special rate which is about $100 per night less than it is now. Loved the room, stylishly furnished, comfortable, had a view over the pool which was also lovely. Ate room service every night, particularly liked their signature burger. Only has valet parking available as you are unlikely to get anything on the street. This caught me out at $45 per day, but I was in Perth for medical treatment and couldn't walk far, so little choice regarding this. There was also some sort of function in the street on a couple of nights, not sure if it was in the hotel or in a nearby bar/café, but it was loud and went on until the wee hours which made it difficult to sleep. Otherwise lovely rooms and right in the centre of town.

Room Tip: I enjoyed a West facing room over looking the pool, south facing on upper floors may overlook the ri...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear fluffyfluffikins,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

We are naturally delighted you enjoyed your stay and the convenience of our location.

With regards to our valet parking; the Hotel does not own the car park, however we regularly monitor pricing to remain competitive in order to provide guests with the best possible value.

It is great to hear you enjoyed the view from your room and the in room dining!

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Thanks again!
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Diamond members please note: your "upgrade" will be the same small room, just instead of Twin you get King, i.e. the 2 twin beds pushed together. The absence of an executive lounge will be replaced by a voucher for 1 glass of beer/house wine/soft drink per stay. You will not get a newspaper and the complimentary 2 bottles of water per stay are the smallest you can by in a supermarket. Now to the hotel itself: location is very central. Trainee check-in lady was very friendly. Hotel is old, but the classic decor hides it in some way. Bed was very comfortable, however they don't have quilt covers, instead they use 2 flat sheets draped over the quilt. Tiles around the bathtub need to be treated for mould. Wood around the sink is crying for a coat of paint. (Hmm, this is a 5* hotel). Aircon was rattling so loud that we had to switch it off and get fresh air through the tiny gap in the window (lots of street noise). Breakfast was quite nice. Parking is 50.00 $ per night. The check-out guy didn't know the words "thank you" or "good bye". When we thanked HIM he just looked through us and turned around. Diamond members are not important to the Parmelia Hilton. Well, this hotel is not important to us.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank goodfoodfanOZ
Dear goodfoodfanOZ,

Thank you very much for your review and I’m sorry you were so disappointed with aspects of your visit.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for our service shortfall and air conditioning issue which I can confirm will be reviewed with the team for corrective action.

With regards to décor, we are making improvements to the Hotel, including guests rooms, over 2013 and we are sure you will appreciate the changes.

Our valet parking at $50 is just a couple of dollars more than similar options in the vicinity, with the added benefit of safe, secure undercover premises and unlimited returns in a 24 hour period. To ensure our guests receive the best possible value, the charge is monitored regularly.

We certainly take your Hilton Honors loyalty very seriously and I would be delighted to have an opportunity to change your impression on a future visit. Please contact me direct so I can address your issues personally. David.constantine@hilton.com or 08 9215 2000.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Just checked in and received the most insulting upgrade ever as a Diamond: "We upgraded you from a Queen to a King"... Laughable... Never had that in 6 years as Diamond, especially when much nicer rooms are still sold on the website. We got room 734 which must be the most basic room I have received from Hilton sine I am Diamond!
On top of that, 0 amenity in the room. Especially when there is no lounge, my experience is that the hotel go the extra mile to give a nice "in room amenity" such as fruits, wine, champagne, or chocolate, etc. Here, nothing! The complimentary water as a diamond member was not even available. After a phone call to reception, we were allowed to use the water from the bar... Disappointing. I will definitely go to another hotel when back in Perth. No benefit for Hilton loyalty.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TravellingYan
Dear TravellingYan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am naturally concerned you were disappointed with your stay and would very much appreciate an opportunity to discuss and address your concerns personally. I may be contacted on 08 9215 2000 or at david.constantine@hilton.com

Meantime, I can assure you we take Hilton loyalty very seriously. Please accept my sincere apologies we did not meet your expectations with aspects of your visit.

I look forward to hearing from you.