“Huge bed!! Lovely stay”

Parmelia Hilton Perth
Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in Jan 2013 as part of a family visit in Perth, perfect location for shops and Kings Park.

Concierge were great and really helpful with directions and local bottle shop knowledge!

Only minor downside was wifi was only free in the lobby

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Becci R
gmperthhilton, Director of Operations at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Becci R

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our Concierge team particularly helpful in terms of their local knowledge.

With respect to Wi-Fi, last November we introduced complimentary Wi-Fi in the lobby area for your convenience. Complimentary Internet is also available in the restaurant and bar aswell as 24 hours 7 days a week in the Hotel’s Business Centre and we hope this may be a benefit to you next time you visit.

We hope you will be returning very soon.

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (2,384)

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on the 27th January after a 20 hour flight from Glasgow, Scotland. The bus from the airport dropped me off right at the door, and although I was 40mins early for check in that was not an issue. They also upgraded me to a queen suit which was nice. Rooms very nice and clean, and had mini bar, tea/coffee etc available in then. Access to the pool and gym was very handy.
I didn't eat here but overall I was impressed with the accommodation of the hotel. I would highly recommend. Very courteous, polite and well trained staff.
Well done.

• Stayed: January 2013
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Allan M

Thank you very much for your great review.

Lovely to welcome you to the Parmelia Hilton Perth after such a long journey south - we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

We hope to welcome you back next time you visit.

David Constantine

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I recently stayed at the Parmelia Hilton in Perth for busienss reasons in January 2013. This was the first time in many visits to Perth that I stayed at this Hotel. Check in was simple enough and I made my way to my room. The first thing I noticed was how small the rooms for a 5 Star Hotel were. The bathroom was smaller still and in this day and age where almost all 5 Star establishments have a separate bath and shower, this was an all in one job. The room as a whole was very cramped and looked old. Sleep quality was also affected by outside noise. Seriously, the Parmelia Hilton in Perth is in dire need of a renovation to bring into the 21st Century. In comparison with other hotels that I have stayed in Perth, this would be in the bottom 2.

Room Tip: Do not book a room on West Side of hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Colin C

Dear Colin C

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are sorry that you found your room to be less than expected. We are in the process of updating guest rooms over 2013 and, in the meantime, have a range of room styles and configurations to suit most tastes. Please let us know your preferences when you book and we will do our best to accommodate them.

We would very much appreciate the chance to change your impression on a future visit. To that end, please contact me direct when you plan to return on Gearoid.lyons@hilton.com so we can be sure you are well looked after and completely happy with your accommodations.

Thank you again. We look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We booked in here to stay in the city for the Skyworks.
Welcome was very friendly - they upgraded us at no charge which was unexpected as the hotel was at full occupancy. Imagine our surprise when we found ourselves in a beautiful suite. Separate lounge, dining and bedroom. Beautifully furnished and elegant. Toiletries in the marble bathroom were very nice. The bed was huge and so comfortable, the pillows were the nicest I have ever slept on. Felt very pampered - all the staff we encountered were friendly and polite. The breakfast buffet had a good variety and the eggs were cooked to order, fresh juice and coffee bought to the table. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear BaliOrchid62

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

It is a pleasure to read your lovely comments about our hotel, thank you! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and your room upgrade.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have stayed at the Parmelia Hilton hotel a number of times, most recently early January - always for leisure. I choose to stay at the Hilton for several reasons, I am a teir HH member that allows for some special treatment, the location of the hotel is close to the city centre, approx 5-10 minute walk and is currently close to Print Hall, a new food and bar enclave - which is great.
Having stayed in numerous room types, overall the rooms have been maintained quite well given it's volume of residents, yes some furnishings look old but functionality is not impeded. The rooms have always been very clean, sadly the views of the Swan river have been eroded over time and surrounded by high rise buildings. The pool is still a great place to enjoy the sun and on occasion have had thoughtful staff hand out water bottles without being requested, The staff I have encountered have always been polite and accommodating, from check in, room & cleaning staff and checkout.
About cost, on the weekends you will get an amazing price, usually in the low $100, but midweek with the corporate types in town it goes to about $500 for a standard room thanks to WA's mining boom - something to be mindful of & why it is listed as a Category 7 hotel. It must be also be one of the few if any Hilton s I've stayed at that doesn't have an Executive lounge!
There is some great food & bars, Aldephi is consistent, andaluz is excellent and Helvetica is for the spirit drinking crowd, all are classy places - well to me anyway.The latter two are not part of the hotel.
Parking like any city is hefty, a taxi to the International airport should cost between $35 - $50 depending on traffic and driver [Hmmm] and about $35 to the Domestic airport. All in AUD.
She is a great hotel, with some minor flaws, but overall I would strongly recommend it,

Room Tip: Probably a room overlooking the pool in summer, otherwise you will looking at office buildings.High...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Dear Neilzonwheelz

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review.

We are pleased you consistently enjoy your stays with us and especially appreciate your comments in regard to the team and service.

Some great recommendations in your review also, for restaurants and bars in and around the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times and eaten here more - the restaurant and the Adelphi Steak House both do brilliant food and you don't have to be fancy to eat here. The service throughout the entire hotel is fantastic - very much a five star standard. The breakfast was served daily in my room by the nicest, friendliest man I have ever met, especially at 6:30am, who even turned my tv on for me - it's the little things that count! The rooms are huge and the furnishings nice, the bathroom shampoo and conditioner etc was first class and a large variety, and it's really close to the city. I upgrade to the king size room and just about get lost in the bed, although the balcony is a bit odd-shaped. The valet parking is very handy, and the concierge can help with any requests. The bar is a pleasant place to grab a drink before or after dinner, and they do a mean cocktail.
I highly recommend this.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
gmperthhilton, Director of Operations at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Transcontinent

Thank you very much for your fantastic detailed review.

So glad you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and it is especially pleasing to hear the team took such great care of you – thank you!

I have taken great pleasure in sharing your lovely comments with our hardworking teams in Room Service and the Adelphi Steakhouse too. Your remarks are great validation of their efforts.

We appreciate your high recommendation and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Parmelia Hilton just prior to Christmas. The room was nicely appointed and the bathroom was decent however the age of the hotel is starting to show. In particular the hotel is boxed in by taller buildings which makes the small windows and the old building particularly dark with almost no natural light. Given the hotel choices in Perth it is not too bad.

Also be careful of leaving anything in the car if you valet park (almost a must if you have a car there). We mysteriously had an iPhone charger go missing. This would not normally fall into my view on valuables but it was still very disappointing to have this happen.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Askani,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. It is great to hear you enjoyed your guest room.

We are, of course, very sorry to learn your iPhone charger went missing during your visit. So that we can investigate further and resolve the matter, could you kindly contact me direct at Gearoid.lyons@hilton.com.

In the meantime, safe travels and we hope to welcome you back next time you visit Perth.

Kind regards,