I have stayed at the Parmelia Hilton hotel a number of times, most recently early January - always for leisure. I choose to stay at the Hilton for several reasons, I am a teir HH member that allows for some special treatment, the location of the hotel is close to the city centre, approx 5-10 minute walk and is currently close to Print Hall, a new food and bar enclave - which is great.
Having stayed in numerous room types, overall the rooms have been maintained quite well given it's volume of residents, yes some furnishings look old but functionality is not impeded. The rooms have always been very clean, sadly the views of the Swan river have been eroded over time and surrounded by high rise buildings. The pool is still a great place to enjoy the sun and on occasion have had thoughtful staff hand out water bottles without being requested, The staff I have encountered have always been polite and accommodating, from check in, room & cleaning staff and checkout.
About cost, on the weekends you will get an amazing price, usually in the low $100, but midweek with the corporate types in town it goes to about $500 for a standard room thanks to WA's mining boom - something to be mindful of & why it is listed as a Category 7 hotel. It must be also be one of the few if any Hilton s I've stayed at that doesn't have an Executive lounge!
There is some great food & bars, Aldephi is consistent, andaluz is excellent and Helvetica is for the spirit drinking crowd, all are classy places - well to me anyway.The latter two are not part of the hotel.
Parking like any city is hefty, a taxi to the International airport should cost between $35 - $50 depending on traffic and driver [Hmmm] and about $35 to the Domestic airport. All in AUD.
She is a great hotel, with some minor flaws, but overall I would strongly recommend it,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Parmelia Hilton Perth is the city's most centrally located luxury hotel, in the heart of the CBD, across the road from the Perth Convention Centre and close to excellent shopping, restaurants and bars. Just a short stroll to beautiful Kings Park and the stunning Elizabeth Quay on the Swan River. All rooms at the Parmelia Hilton feature Hilton Serenity beds, high-speed internet (charges apply) and LCD TVs with complimentary cable and Foxtel channels. Relax by the outdoor swimming pool or work out in the fully equipped 24 hour gym. For a sizzling steak or a boutique beer on tap, enjoy the Adelphi Grill & Bar. Adelphi Grill will be closed for a refresh from 2 January, re-opening on 16 January, 2018. The hotel's $55 per 24 hour valet parking service offers secure, under cover parking with the convenience of having your car brought to the hotel driveway as often as required. Valet parking is limited and space may not always be available, maximum height of vehicles is 1.9 m. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Parmelia Hilton Perth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parmelia Hilton Hotel Perth
- Hilton International Perth
- Hilton Perth
- Perth Hilton