“Nice hotel; needs attention to detail”

Parmelia Hilton Perth
Ranked #17 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This hotel offers spacious rooms, comfortable beds and decent facilities, all in a very convenient location.
Unfortunately, the level of noise that can be heard within your room is atrocious. I was on the 9th floor (of 10) and the amount of noise that could be heard from street level was the equivalent to having my window wide open on ground level. In addition, I could hear every word of any phone call conversation had by the person in the room adjacent. Very disturbing.
The staff at the front desk and that provided room service were very friendly and helpful, however the housekeeping staff were terrible. Two of 5 days I received no menu to order breakfast for the next morning and no refill on items used from the mini bar.
Overall, I would stay again (for short business trips only), but I strongly suggest ear plugs and patience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Nikkileee
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear Nikkileee

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Parmelia Hilton.

I’m really delighted that you found our facilities and service to your liking, with the exception of the regrettable Housekeeping shortfall. This inconsistency has been reviewed with the team concerned for retraining and I’m really sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please also accept my sincere apologies for the noise disturbance. When you next make a booking, please let us know and we will allocate a room that may better suit you.

Thanks again for your great feedback! We hope to welcome you back next time you visit Perth.

There are newer reviews for Parmelia Hilton Perth

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I always feel frustrated travelling to Perth on business because the hotel rates are so high for old hotels without all the mod cons. The Parmelia Hilton has been going through a facelift, but it feels like a paint and carpet replenish rather than a full makeover with bathrooms still being a little basic. That said, the service is excellent - they make sure that you are checked in as soon as possible. I agree with other reviewers that everyone is greeting you, the valet service is fast and good (although it would be better if it were free). I was in a large room and although not to my particular taste, it was well stocked and clean and very spacious. So overall a good stay, no complaints, other than the lack of higher standard in Perth, yet they charge very high rates.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear Ionise

Thank you very much for your fantastic review.

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you making special mention of the excellent service you received. I have passed your feedback onto the Team – thank you!

I am pleased to let you know we will be commencing a programme of improvements to guest rooms very soon and we hope you’ll be returning to enjoy the changes. In the meantime, we have a range of different room styles, so please let us know your preferences when you book and we’ll do our best to accommodate them.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Oh my goodness! You must stay here. I have never slept on beds like this before. It is like sleeping on a cloud , totally divine! This is a lovely hotel. After a red eye flight they allowed us to check in at 8.30 am which was fantastic. The rooms were large and spacious and the location was great. There have been some comments about it not being central but Perth is fairly small and nowhere was more than 5 minutes away. Staff were helpful and there was free Internet in the business centre. Stay here , you won't regret it, and those beds.........

Travellers tip

Make as much use as you can of the free buses in the city centre and catch the ferry to Freemantle, it's just beautiful!

Room Tip: Check you have a refurbished room - most are
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Jackie B

Thank you for taking the time to share such a fantastic review!

It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and felt the warmth of our hospitality. We’re particularly pleased you enjoyed your Hilton Serenity bed!

We hope to welcome you back next time you visit Perth.

Safe travels!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I stayed here two nights for work. Reception staff very friendly, helpful and knowledgable. Actually all staff were. I went back to work in room while it was being cleaned and the lovely lady cleaning very politely asked if I would please use my door key so she could be certain this was my room. Toiletries lovelly. All extras, slippers, robe, iron, selection of herbal teas (no biscuits mind), turn down service with chocolates etc. Good gym equipment...though a fan would be handy! Very lovely room service staff.

Only two minor issues: TV remote, only half of the functions worked e.g. There was a sleep button but nothing happened when it was pushed.

Slightly more annoying, but I imagine beyond the hotel's control, on the Tuesday night the very loud noise associated with the rubbish bins being collected woke me from a lovely sleep some time in the middle of the night. I was in Rm 708 so possibly don't stay on this side of the building if you are a light sleeper.

I didn't try the hotel breakfast but ate in the associated cafe around the corner (but you can also get to it from the hotel lobby) and their coffee and museli were great.

Room Tip: See bit above re rubbish collection on Tuesday nights...ask for a room where this can't be heard...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Dear Mareazles

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and the Hotel’s facilities.

Your security and comfort are paramount to us, so it’s great our Housekeeper was conscientious in her actions.

Please accept my apologies for the issue with the television remote and the noise disturbance from the rubbish removal.

I always appreciate hearing from our guests, including areas of opportunity for improvement. So thank you very much again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I booked a last minute secret hotels deal - and I was not disappointed! The Hotel was extremely inviting as soon as I entered the foyer. Check-in was a smooth, no fuss process and the Staff were exceptional.

My room over-looked the swimming pool, and was so close to everything.

Gym was small, but functional.. The pool was heated to a gorgeous 30 degrees.

Only thing I noticed was that they said they put a hold of $100 on your credit card for incidentals, but they actually put $200 on hold... Not a huge deal, but need to keep an eye on that sort of thing.

Room Tip: As I booked a last minute deal I had a twin single room... It was comfy and it overlooked the pool...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Dear Robbo1607

I am very happy to read your comments about your recent stay and delighted you found the location and service levels of the Hotel to your satisfaction.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused by the pre-authorisation policy requiring $100 per night to cover incidentals which is then released upon check out. This is standard across all our hotels in Australia.

Thank you again for your great feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed at the Parmelia Hilton on Saturday night. The check in staff were so helpful and friendly, ...actually every staff member we came accross, even in the hallways, were friendly and cheerful. We were upgraded to a King suite and loved it... the most comfortable bed ever! The bath was a bit small but the room was nice and clean and had everything we needed. Loved the efficency of the valet parking, a little expensive though. Oooh Breakfast... Amazing! Everything you could ever want and again staff were lovely. We came just for a night without kids, and are just waiting for family to visit agian so we can escape again! A really lovely weekend. Thank-you.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear Emily H

Thank you very much for your review!

So glad you enjoyed your child-free weekend escape for some pampering. It’s great to hear every aspect combined to make this such a success.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you can escape!

David

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for two nights. We were pleasantly surprised on arrival when we were upgraded (without asking, not due to any sort of problem) to a lovely suite. The hotel itself (lobby in particular) is dated, but our suite was lovely and the staff were efficient, friendly and accommodating. Would return!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank VintagePeanut
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear VintagePeanut

Thank you for your review.

I’m so pleased you enjoyed your recent stay and in particular your complimentary upgrade to a suite! We really love being able to provide upgrades whenever we can, occupancy permitting.

The Team and I look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit Perth.