“Older hotel but customer service really stood out”

Parmelia Hilton Perth
Ranked #17 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed November 12, 2011

While I only stayed overnight at the Parmelia Hilton, the location and service were excellent. I was booked in here for business and found the room fine (nothing over the top and very much an older style bathroom), and everything was a good standard. The focus on customer service really stood out with staff very much focused on ensuring all your needs and requirements were met. From check in, to housekeeping, it certainly showed how an older style hotel can compete against the newer, modern properties.

An excellent room rate, lovely breakfast and great location for business would result in my booking this hotel again in the future.

Well done to the staff and management

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank busymumsydney
DavidC_PHP, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2011

Dear busymumsydney

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us at the Parmelia Hilton.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your visit and found our service and facilities to your satisfaction – I’m especially pleased the team made such a great impression!

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Parmelia Hilton very soon.

There are newer reviews for Parmelia Hilton Perth

Reviewed November 7, 2011

I arrived at the Parmelia with my wife for a short stay in February 2011
On arrival the Hilton Honours check in lady pointed out that my reservation was only for 1 person but no problem and she proceeded with the check in. We were upgraded and at the same time allowed a late check out.
The staff were brilliant throughout our stay and no request was ever a problem.
The hotel is pricey by UK standards but the service we believe is far superior to the normal European standard.
Well done to everyone at the Parmelia Hilton

Room Tip: They are all very much the same
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank golfpilot
DavidC_PHP, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2011

Dear golfpilot

We’re delighted you chose to stay with us at the Parmelia Hilton last February – thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor!

Naturally, I’m especially pleased our team made such a great impression – I know they appreciate the recognition – thank you!

Safe travels to you and we hope you may be visiting us again at the Parmelia Hilton Perth; there will be a warm welcome waiting!

Reviewed November 5, 2011

This is a belated review of the Parmelia Hilton, in Perth. We stayed at the Hilton while visiting Perth for our son’s wedding in March 2011. Our room had everything necessary to make our stay enjoyable and was meticulously maintained for the whole seven days of our stay. There were chocolates as well to greet us on our return in the evenings. I loved the Evelyn and Crabtree toiletries and the fantastic buffet breakfasts certainly deserve a special mention. The breakfasts were fresh, full of variety with great service no matter how early in the morning. Wonderful!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christine N

Dear Christine N

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us at the Parmelia Hilton in March this year – we really appreciate it!

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and especially liked our buffet breakfasts in The Globe!

Reviewed November 5, 2011

My partner and I stayed for 1 night on the 6th Nov..after reading mixed reviews I wasn't sure what to expect. Firstly we arrived very early but the reception staff could not be more helpful and had a room ready for us. The rooms are a good size and have everything you need, the beds are super comfy!! Excellent location, walking distance to all the shops. Really good fitness centre, which my partner used. Loved the buffet breakfast, lots of choice and very friendly staff.. We would definitely stay here again as it was great value for money. Also met Carol at reception who's mum used to live in the same town as us in Scotland, very nice surprise!!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank rhi0610

Dear rhinoyle

We’re delighted you chose to stay with us at the Parmelia Hilton Perth recently. Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor!

I’m extremely pleased you had such an enjoyable stay and how lovely to share memories of Scotland with Carol! I know Carol enjoyed that too!

We hope you’ll be visiting us again at the Parmelia Hilton very soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2011

First time stayed at the Hilton Perth and other Hilton hotels in other countries have excellent service. The Perth Hilton did not fall into this category.

To start with, check in staff did not inform me that I separate bookings and only on last day of my stay did someone call me to ask if I wanted to change rooms as the final day booking was a higher price.

Room given was noisy, walls thin and my room was right above the bar so I could hear crowds all night. Mornings at 6am - I could hear drilling or outside work - to be fair it may not be the hotel making the noise however improve either the windows or curtains.

The worst part of the stay was the lack of consistency at the breakfast buffet - happened both times I had breakfast. 1st time was requesting tea - many other tables arriving later than myself received their drinks ahead of me - I had to request from the server again.

2nd day - waitress asks table next to me if they require refill of juice - my glass is empty and no similar offer.

With such selective service, clearly not the same Hilton standards experienced elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Roamerinasia

Dear Roamerinasia

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor; it is very much appreciated.

I’m naturally concerned your room was not as quiet as you would have liked – please accept my sincere apologies. When making a booking for a return visit, please let us know and we will allocate a room that may better suit you.

The shortfall in service at breakfast has been immediately reviewed with the team concerned – again, please accept my sincere apologies.

Thank you again and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Parmelia Hilton Perth in the future so we can change your impression.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed at the Hilton in Perth on Sunday 30th November 2011.
The staff are very nice, the property is a bit dated (like many Hiltons) but I felt that the internet charges were really extortionate.
As a business traveller internet is critical for me, the daily rate is A$29 which is high but when I connected an iPad as well as a laptop the charges doubled. Usually one can point this out at check out and have one of the charges removed but not in the Hilton.
I was asked how many devices I had and told the charge was per device.
I spent the remainder of my stay in Perth at the Pan Pacific and sure enough there was a log in arrangement which allowed one to pay once and use multiple devices.
It's perfectly possible these days to want to connect a smartphone, a tablet and a laptop to the hotel WiFi. At a total of A$87 per day one wouldn't want to that at the Hilton!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
DavidC_PHP, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2011

Dear KJOBR

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor following your recent stay in the Hotel.

We’re delighted the team made such a great impression – thank you!

Your comment concerning Internet charges is naturally of concern. The extra charge should certainly have been removed from your account and I’m very sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please be assured this has been addressed with the team concerned.

I’m very pleased that, following your response to our internal survey, we were able to organise a refund.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Parmelia Hilton.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

My partner and I recently stayed at The Parmelia for 2 nights. We scored a great deal via wotif and for what we paid, it was a fabulous stay. Hotel is a little dated, but still very, very nice. We dined at the downstairs steakhouse, which was lovely, but pricey. They messed up my partners order but corrected it without fuss. We expected a little compensation when the bill came out but none was offered, until we insisted, which was disappointing.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
DavidC_PHP, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2011

Dear Shaz_73_73

Thank you so much for taking the time to pass on your thoughts following your recent stay with us at the Parmelia Hilton – it is very much appreciated!

We’re delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay and your dinner in The Adelphi - though I’m very sorry for the mistake with your partner’s meal and the inconvenience caused.

Thank you again - the team and I look very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Parmelia Hilton in the future.