“Great service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Sydney NSW
“Great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

Stayed here for two nights. When I arrived I was greated by a wonderfully helpful concierge (I believe the same grey-haired gentleman mentioned in a previous review) and taken thru checkin very efficiently. Room service and restaurant staff were excellent as well. I have stayed at a number of Perth hotels and given the location and great service I would definitely stay here again.
Rooms are quite small; only just enough room to get a room service tray thru the door, the bathroom needs refurbishment and the rooms could definitely be updated.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank melliek98

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed here in November as part of a 3 week trip to Australia. We were disappointed with this hotel and would be unlikely to stay here again. Service at the reception was slow and staffed served business travellers before leisure travellers. Room was small and very dated. Bathroom was old, and tatty. Hotel was based in the CBD which is fine for weekdays but at weekend's cafe's and small shops close. The gym was closed for our stayed and they set up a temporary site in one of the hotel rooms - very odd. To be honest not a leisure hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CMK128
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2011

We stayed 1 night as we were enroute back to Sydney from Bali. We booked our rooms via wotif.com and got a great rate. Stayed at this hotel over 20 yrs ago and I have forgotten how small the rooms were. Bathroom was looking very tired and certainly not 5 star. Was hoping to get a connecting room as we were travelling with teenagers but the best we got was 2 room with one room between us. Could have been worse. Reception did try though. Was a bit disappointed as we paid and confirmed 9 days before with the request. Over all happy with location. I like to mention the gentleman that brought our bags up to our room...He showed us what a bit of our fashion service was all about. He had white hair and was probably in his 60'. we were happy with the price we paid for the hotel but would have been disappointed if we had to paid more.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank familyguy2233
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2011

While we knew this hotel is getting old we stayed here as we use the Hilton brands as much as possible, only stayed one full day but couldn't fault th eexperience and all of the staff where on their game. So much so that we ate at the Globe downstairs at night and this was great food and service also. Highly recommend the hotel for its attention to detail and service.

Room Tip: Book direct with Hilton
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
darwin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2011

I booked a Mystery deal on wotif.com and was pleasantly surprised when I found out it was the Hilton - I only paid $145 which I throught was great value.

I arrived early as I had to check out of another hotel and I was extremely greatful that I could check in straight away. When I got to my room an air cleaner was still in the room but I went out for an hour or so and it had been removed - I think somone may have been smoking in there before me.

Okay so the hotel is old but very elegant - I thought it was beautiful. The room had a balcony so I was able to let the fresh air come in rather than just the air con which is always appreciated when staying at a lot of hotels.

I waited for over an hour for someone to come and fix my tv but the gentleman who came was very pleasant. When I filled out the hotel online survey after my stay the General Manger emailed me back saying they were disappointed with this servie - I must say I was very impressed by this and thank him for the response.

They had a great deal for a 24 hour movie package so you could watch as many movies as you wanted. I ordered room service and had a relaxing night in. Very enjoyable.

It is an easy walk to the mall and convention centre and I think if you can get a great rate then I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Cairns, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2011

Stayed here 2 nights because my usual place to lob (Medina Grand) was full due to a rather large convention in town.
I can actually remember living in Perth when this hotel was built, way back when..(1970s')..so I was a little trepiditious about the age/refurbishment status of the place.
Surprisingly, it's still in pretty good condition, and mod cons as one would expect..(plasma tvs etc.), and as comfortable as one would expect of a Hilton.
Staff are always courteous/polite and ready to provide prompt service with a smile.
Because I always have to lob in that (Mill Street) neighbourhood when visiting Perth, my choices of hotels are very limited, but I would be very happy to stay at this hotel next time..but only if the other option was (again) booked out.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MadsDad
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2011

Great Breakfast so much to choose from, love staying here been here 2 times, yeah the rooms are a little dated but clean and tidy as allways.
The pool area has just been "upgraded" so also the gym. i didnt get a chance to go see but will do next time

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple