“Very clean and Comfy”

Ranked #50 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Brisbane, Australia
“Very clean and Comfy”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

We really liked our short stay here and would definitely return.
We only stayed one night, in the $100 double room with shared bathroom. Our flight arrived at 2055hrs and I think we were at the hotel by soon after 2200.
It was a Tuesday, not busy, and we found a free street park 100 meters away. Check in was smooth, other than being told the lift was out of order and our room was on the second floor.
We had two bags each. It was a long walk to our room, up stairs and along / around corridors, but we found our way. Our room was very small and the old air conditioning unit very noisy.
After a nightcap at the adjacent bar we headed for bed. Once we cut the air con and turned on the ceiling fan we slept like logs.
But here is the nub. From the foyer to the stairs, to the corridors, to the shared bathrooms, rooms, beds and linen it was impeccably clean. There was plenty of tea and coffee to wake up to.
In the guts of Perth, for $100 a night, in a place where the management clearly cares, for our short stay it was great.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JarJah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Qld
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed 1 night
Lift is not working, (under renovation)
Air-conditioner sounded like a truck running.
Bed comfortable,
Room looked out onto a brick wall, noise from pub next door could be a problem on weekends
Bathroom very basic with cracked tiles and ancient toilet.
Good city centre location.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank captain32
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed only 1 night but the location is about the best you can get. Murray Street mall is just at your doorstep and so is every other restaurant. It is so easy to get to anywhere in CBD. The rooms are not large but cosy and clean. Basic necessities are provided for such as tea and coffee making, iron, hairdryer. Shower is a bit small and a larger person may have a little bit of a problem. I took a single room so the bed was just a single bed - enough for one. The hotel is old , fully carpeted and had to wind through corridors to get to my room. The hotel is definitely value for money. The staff at the reception were extremely helpful and friendly. The lift was under renovation during my stay, so my suitcase was carried up by one of the staff there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Ladybeans
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This has to be the worst hotel I have stopped in in Perth or anywhere else for that matter. The location is quite good, but as for the positives, it stops there!

The rooms were old fashioned, unclean, very standard and unwelcoming. There were hardly any powerpoints, the air conditioner was ancient and very noisy and the shower head in the bathroom was so low it was awkward to have a shower. Our friends in the next room ended up with a communal bathroom - which wasnt part of the orginal booking!

When checking out, the lady NATALIE on reception was extremly unhelpful right from the start. She didnt ask us how our stay was, or even smile for that matter! It seems they will do ANYTHING to keep the $100 bond that you have to pay upfront.

Thankfully we only had one night there! Would not recommend this hotel at all!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel althogether!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Leah P

Travelers are raving about these Perth hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed here for business in August, the room was terrible, the bathroom was very old, very tidy with a permanently open window that you couldn't shut.
If I recall correctly there were no power points near the desk, and only two outlets in the room, 1 in the bathroom and 1 down the other end of the room away from the bed.

So plugging your laptop, phone and ipad in was problematic. I had to charge my ipad in the bathroom.

I wouldn't stay here again - our company paid $145 p/n

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Mat C
Sydney
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed the hotel for business trip. One of my colleague recommended this hotel, but it was quite disappointing, Of course, the price of room was $100, so I didn't expect much but still. I understand the room is very small but the room seems not clean. There was smell from the room but I was not able to sure where the smell was coming from.

The bathroom was also awful. There was no door for the shower booth, there was some plastic certain and it was not clean. When I took a shower, the certain kept flapping and disturbing.

The location was quite convenient. There was a shopping centre just next to the hotel.
However, I don't want to recommend this hotel, even though the price is cheap and great location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for business and it is very basic and nothing very flash at all.
The location is great in central CBD.
The noise for outside continues to late in the night, I had a street facing room and noise from the pub next door until late in the night.

It was like I had been transported back to a hotel in the 70's.
The rooms were dated but clean and met my basic needs.
For what you are paying, you should get a little more in quality and comfort.

The shower I had was perfect someone really short.....
The reception at checkin and checkout were efficient and processed me quickly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business