I must point out that I’m writing this review as an American on his first trip to Australia. The first thing I will mention is that I don’t think this hotel was worth the $140.00AUD per night I paid for my week’s visit at the end of November 2012 / beginning of December 2012. In the U.S., $140.00 a night will get you a lot more – depending on the city. I found the room to be both spartan and depressing. The furniture was pedestrian at best and there was no décor to speak of in the room. I could never get the temperature set properly; it was either too cold or too warm to be comfortable all the time. No instructions were provided with the television set to inform guests that you have to use the channel button to turn the appliance on instead of (logically) the power on button—and the maintenance man who was sent to my room to show me how to work the television remote was rude. ; furthermore, the laminated list of channels on the desk in the room does not correspond with the actual channel offerings by the network service provider; for someone who does not live in Australia, this was most frustrating. The Internet connection offered in the room (at a WHOPPING $14.00AUD for only 6 hours of service) was as slow as dial-up (if not slower) and all pages would fail to load properly; for the amount of money charged – which I was willing to pay – guests should be able to have flawless, unproblematic access to the Internet. The elevators weren’t working on the property when I was there; this was particularly annoying given that my room was on the top floor and at the very back of the premises. And, once, I inadvertently spilled my cereal and milk on my bed – yet the housekeeping staff failed to change the bedding – that was unacceptable and downright gross. The plusses? 1) This hotel is centrally located in downtown Perth; I liked being able to walk to everywhere I needed to get to while I was there; shopping and food outlets were plentiful in the immediate area; and 2) the front desk staff were very nice and helpful – at one point, the weather took a turn for the worse and they were kind enough to loan me an umbrella so that I didn’t have to purchase one to stay dry in the unexpected rain. Again, my expectations may well have been colored by American hotel standards that, overall, this property did not equal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel is located in the heart of Perth city, surrounded by major shopping malls and close to the Swan River, Kings Park and Northbridge. Transport is at the doorstep with the new central underground railway station nearby. Bus stations less tham 200m away and close to freeway. Airports just 25 mins away, Airport shuttle service to/from hotel door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn Wentworth Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Wentworth Plaza Hotel Perth
- Perth Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Perth
- Wentworth Plaza Comfort Inn