“Ever helpful staff”

Holiday Inn Perth City Centre
Ranked #9 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed January 3, 2011

The last time I checked into a hotel as smoothly, as efficiently, as easily and with as warm a welcome as arriving at the Holiday Inn at lunchtime on christmas eve was at the Langham in Hong Kong, a 5* hotel where you expect a high level of service. Despite having a mountain of assorted luggage, help was quickly at hand and our car was spirited away by a staff member seamlessly. Our request for a quiet room had been noted and our belongings were delivered within 2 minutes. The accommodation is more than acceptable, the (soft) beds very comfortable and with nice squashy pillows too.

The buffet breakfast included in the room rate is fairly comprehensive, to a reasonable standard and only those used to high end luxury hotels will find the choice limited. We didn’t sample the lunch/dinner menu so can’t comment but the prices on the menu looked good value. There is a very modest charge of $5/half hour for wi-fi internet which is available in the lobby/bar area. The central location is ideal.

We needed to use and return our car frequently during our stay and it was always quickly whisked away and made available again at short notice for us at frequent intervals, so the Stay and Park inclusive room rate is especially good value, not to mention the added convenience provided by the ever helpful staff which was greatly appreciated.

A special note of thanks to all the staff. It would be unfair to mention any one in particular, all are ever helpful, ever smiling and eager to please. A minor query I had two weeks after our stay was handled speedily and with the charm and grace I now associate with this Hotel. Very impressed and highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Colin330
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Perth City Centre

Reviewed November 16, 2010

Central location was our reason for staying at Holiday Inn.
Desk staff were very friendly and helpful.
Very comfortable bed.
Room aircon didn't not provide consistently cold air.
"Takeway Menu" for room service provided good quality hamburgers and sandwiches but can't recommend the pizza.
Dined out for most meals on this trip.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2010

This hotel has a great location less than a block from the main shopping area of the city. Thee rooms are well maintained and good size. We ate at the restaurant in the hotel because it offered good value for money. Restaurants in Perth are not cheap and although there are a number closeby, they seem to lack interesting fare. About a 10 minute walk is the area of Chinatown. Howwever, this area also encompasses other restaurants including Vietnamese, Italian, Indian, Portugese, etc. The main or only casion in Perth is in Bursewood which is on the grounds of a large well maintained park which offers free tours of the fauna, trees and wildlife each morning at 11:45. Well worth the trip. We took the Tfifacta tour on a period tram which included a tour of Perth, cruise on the Swan river and another tram tour of Fremantle. The nice part about this tour is that it also allow people to use their tickets to hop on/off the tram the following day which we did to visit Bursewood. Perth is a great city to visit, quite different than other big cities like Sydney or Melbourne.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2010

We just stayed at the Holiday Inn for 1 night and were plesantly suprised. The location is obviously fantastic and the rooms we're really nice. The beds are super comfy with nice linen, bathroom was nice and of a decent size (as were the rooms for that matter). Valet parking is avaialble for $27 a night (which is good as overnight parking is difficuilt in the area). Staff were helpful.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank KathM85
Reviewed October 27, 2010

In terms of location, it would get full marks, being in Hay Street where the best shopping is, and just a short walk away from other attractions. However, the hotel is just OK. The lobby and the rooms are in need of refurbishment. And there's a "ghost" swimming pool: I could see it through the glass door, but the 2 times I wanted to have a swim I couldn't enter with my room card, nor could a housekeeper (needless to say, there was no one inside). At the front desk they confirmed it should be open, and couldn't find any explanation why it wasn't.

If you don't care much about being in the CBD, the Holiday Inn Perth Burswood is a much better hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Very good hotel indeed! Comfy beds, great pool, great LCD TV and great location. Trust me it's the best hotel in Perth as long you dont pay more than AUS$210 a night! Staff was very friendly and they helped us with everything! Would recomend this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2010

I travel to Perth once a month for work from the east and normally stay for a minimum of 5 nights. I work in West Perth and go to the gym in the mall so thought I would choose a hotel that was close to everything.

The Holiday Inn is just that. Great location, in the middle of everything.

We I drove up in the taxi, I thought.....what have I done. Bit of a tacky out dated foyer. When I got into the lift, I thought worse. The corridors, I was thinking, Im definitely going to go back and ask for another hotel name. When I got into the room, I was surprised. No fuss decor, great bed and options for hard/soft pillows. Bathroom was functional and clean and the towels were soft and new.

The staff at reception were GREAT. Everyone whom I spoke to from the chap that checked me in, night manager and afternoon shift receptionists - were all friendly, not over the top and very helpful. Same with concierge.

I ordered room service 3 nights and found quality very very good. Normal Perth overpriced food but hey, when in Rome........ :-) Definitely recommend the steak with mushroom sauce.....it melted in my mouth.

I have stayed at the Duxton and will book the Holiday Inn over the Duxton anyday. I booked well in advance but again, well overpriced when compare to other capital cities in Australia.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business