“Excellent Staff and Conveniently located”

Holiday Inn Perth City Centre
Ranked #10 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Muar, Johor, Malaysia
“Excellent Staff and Conveniently located”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

This is one of the best Holiday Inn hotel !
Excellent Staff, Centre location and Comfortable mattress !
Perth City Centre is very comfortable and conveniently located, all shops and restaurant in the neighborhood.
I would like to take this opportunity to say thanks to your very efficient team ! We thoroughyly enjoyed and had a wonderful week in Perth ! Definitely will stay there again !

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Deane P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perth City Centre, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear TeoSangsi,

Thank you very much for taking a moment of your time to provide us with your feedback; I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the efficient service of our team, the comfort of the hotel and our central location.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,

Deane Palmer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Albany, Australia
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I found this Hotel very centreley located to most of Perth's shopping and Malls. High end shops down one end in the King Street area other shopping in the Malls. On the Red Bus Route as well which is useful. Staff are polite and helpful. Quite inside, comfortable rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank swain_au
Dear swain_au,

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review on our Tripadvisor site. It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your time & the convenience of being in the heart of Perth whilst staying at our great hotel. The team are also happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and the great service we endeavour to deliver every day to all our guests.

We look forward to seeing you with us when you next make the drive (or fly) up from Albany.

Warmest regards,

Nottingham
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I am reviewing this as a mid range hotel and ignoring the cost of the rooms. Perth, as many other people are pointing out, is an expensive place to stay.
I chose the hotel because it is in the heart of the CBD and an easy walk to major sights and restaurants. It looked and it was ideally placed for a visit to Perth.
We had a warm welcome from the reception staff on arrival.
We were pleased with our queen bed de luxe High Floor room.
The bedroom was plenty big enough for our two night stay and we liked the spacious bathroom with a separate shower.
I thought the breakfast buffet was excellent and I liked the choice of beers in the bar.
I qualified for free wi fi. ( I do not understand why Hotels charge for this in the 21st century)
What I particularly liked was the management reaction to a problem I had in the evening with hotel service. I was not happy, but shrugged and carried on with our evening. On our return the senior person present ( sorry I don't have her name) told me that she thought they had not lived up to the standards expected of Holiday Inn and presented us with complimentary breakfasts. I went from being disgruntled to extremely pleased with such proactive service.
I would definitely stay there again if I return.

Room Tip: The high room was nice, no noise
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LlewllynBren
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Located in Perth CBD, it's great if you don't drive. Valet parking is pricey at AUD$35. I had the impression it was AUD$25.

Stayed for one night for shopping and walking around town. It's about 5-10 mins walk to swan river bell tower and 10 mins walk to Perth Mint.

Sign up as an IHG rewards member and you get perks. Efficient check-in/out. I was given late check-out and I appreciate that. Was supposed to be given newspaper but that never arrived. Not a big issue.

Room is clean and like most Holiday Inns, you get two huge beds in the room. Bathroom is dated and in need of a major refurbishment.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank joshdes
Byron Bay
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I had done some research on Trip advisor first, so the hotel was what I expected.

The hotel itself is overpriced for a mid-range hotel. But that is Perth, not much you can do about that. Location is good - right in downtown. The staff were good on reception, I have to say. As a platinum member they asked all the right questions, if I wanted late check-out, a newspaper etc. They at least made me feel like a member of IGH.

The mini bar was probably a good idea - instead of stocking it you are supposed to tailor your own. I usually never touch the mini bar at all, so whatever happened here I didn't mind, but I can totally understand why they might have done this - and the complimentary wine was a good touch.

The bar wasn't that great, those staff were friendly enough when it came to 'drinks' but if you asked them anything outside of that they would shut down. The bar itself is right off the reception, which isn't too great. You can sit to the side do you don't see the reception, but doesn't quite change the feel. Breakfast was great though on level 1.

For the room, the bed seemed a little bit too small length wise! But overall the room was clean. I liked the bathroom - I always enjoy the separate shower.

The location was also good for the distance of Kings Park nearby. Probably only 5 minutes away, a great walk if you want to get around in the morning.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank 288djangos
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Perth City Centre, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Jenna S,

We value you as an IHG Rewards Club member and while we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Well, as usual we have to adjust our expectations of mid- range perth hotels ( which in some places would be very expensive). We wanted to not have to do anything over Xmas last year so our goal was accomplished in that sense however we did want to be pampered a bit. So, we booked the Xmas stay with lunch etc. included. Firstly, the room - Anthony Melchori please help us. Apart, from the fact the rooms need a renovation they were not clean and the carpet was stained. There was only one comfy chair - good job we were up for being cosy. To their credit at the end if the stay they did tell us the hotel is due for a makeover. Think they should let you know when you book? Xmas lunch with no roast potatoes well no potatoes mmmm....well the roast veggies were surprisingly nice and the desert also very nice. The included extras all had to be requested which I hate I like extras to be provided without having to ask for them. The wine we wanted was not available so they just gave us something else - again, without letting us know first. Still, this hotel is centrally situated and for the first time in many a long year we were in place for the sales.

Room Tip: Go for the best room unless you want budget at top rates
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rona d
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Perth City Centre, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear rona d,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We regret to see the accommodations you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Macau, China
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Location is excellent, right in downtown and close to train station. Staffs are very friendly and helpful. Room service was satisfactory. For an extended stay(we were there for one week), they offered complimentary bottle of Australian wine, fruit plate and movie.

Downsides are:
- king size bed room was not available when requested
- There's no pool at the hotel

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Daisy H
Deane P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perth City Centre, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Daisy H,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

The hotel location is perfect for shopping, sightseeing and there are plenty of public transport options close by.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the additional welcome amenities for your extended stay.

Indeed the hotel does not offer a swimming pool however our Concierge team would be happy to direct you to the closest pool facilities.

Thank you again and the team and I hope to see you return in the near future.

Warm regards,