“An old hotel that needs the mould cleaned from the shower and revamp of customer service”

Holiday Inn Perth City Centre
Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed December 7, 2013

No pool, service in buffet breakfast substandard and really no value for money. Couldn't even get pancakes at buffet! Have stayed here 3 times prior but since pool closed-hotel may as well
close. Will never stay here again. 8-(

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Nicholina74
Deane P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perth City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear Nicholina74,
Thanks so much for your review which was certainly disappointing to read.
I certainly understand how you feel, but I would like to re-assure you that we are always working to ensure we delight our guests by delivering wonderful service. With respect to your points above please be assured I have examined these with my Leadership team and taken the appropriate action.
In regards to the pancakes, whilst these are not on the buffet they are available and freshly prepared on request. We have updated our signage to ensure “pancakes” on order is clearly visible for guests when entering the restaurant.
By way of explanation about not having a pool available, we removed the pool due to very limited use to make way for a planned refurbishment which will see an increase in capacity in the F&B area on the ground floor which will improve this amenity. For information, we recently developed an alternative option for guests who wish to use a pool which is available now.
Again, our apologies and we are all disappointed you won’t be staying with us again, however, if you would like to discuss your comments with me directly I would be delighted to hear from you and can be contacted through my email address Deane.Palmer@ihg.com.
In the meantime, I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas, a Happy New year and successful 2014.
Kindest regards,
Deane

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and no regrets as location of hotel is exactly as advertised - Perth City Centre. Ideally located, minutes from the main shopping areas, Barrack Jetty for ferries, and decent food options nearby. The train / bus station is also within easy walking distance.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed at the holiday inn for two nights with my husband for our anniversary ...I was so impressed by the staff ,have stayed at hotels around the world ..they have been more upmarket but can't compete with the service we received, from everyone we came in contact with at the hotel ..valet parking, putting our drinks in the fridge ,delivering us a bottle of wine on ice with a beautiful card ,when they found out we were celebrating our anniversary .the rooms were clean and bed comfortable ..room was lovely and quite .close to shops and restaurants .Would certainly stay there again and recommend it to friends .Thanks again Holiday Inn staff for making our stay pleasurable .

Reviewed November 23, 2013

A great stay from start to finish and a lesson to how a hotel should be run,it started with a smiling reception staff prompt service ,a nice room which I was told had been upgraded,a selection of pillows, the breakfast experience can only be described as a joy,again the staff were friendly and nothing was to much trouble,check out was quick and easy,hotel in a a central location with all types of shops and restaurants within easy walking distance, ive paid more for hotels in perth that wasn't as good as the holiday inn,ill stay again

Room Tip: ask for a high floor
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I was very impressed by the service. The hotel is very centrally located walking distance to everything. Considering the reasonable rate, the rooms are generous size & so are the bathrooms with bathtub & shower cubicle. They provide a variety of pillows to suit your needs. I received a quick & prompt service for anything I needed. The housekeeping would leave a nice note to inform you who serviced your room today, I liked that personal touch. Buffet breakfast was also nice. I was very impressed & would definitely stay there again if I visit Perth in the future. All staff were very friendly & polite. I was on a work trip & stayed for 3
nights. My other colleagues were also impressed by the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This hotel is located in the center of the city and neverless is a great location. The staff is very friendly and their food is good, although the prices are a little high. That is to be expected staying in the middle of the city. The accomodations are nice and the rooms very clean. I would suggest this hotel to anyone looking to stay downtown. Very short walks to the outside mall and many retail stores and restaurants. The only downside is it has not pool or spa.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is exactly as advertised - Perth City Centre. Even as a tourist, this hotel is ideally located, minutes from the main shopping areas, Barrack Jetty for ferries, and decent food options nearby. As usual, check in was quick and efficient as you expect of a Holiday Inn and the rooms are usual Holiday Inn experience. I got the rooms for a really good rate at the last minute, so very happy with my stay.

Stayed: November 2013