“Best ever breakfast place in Perth”

The Secret Garden Cafe
Ranked #19 of 103 Coffee & Tea in Perth
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

When I arrived at Secret Garden Cafe, I realised that I had visited it in 2014 (which me and my friend were hunting for it and I thought we gave up and settled for one of the few cafes)! Then I had the classic English breakfast which was awesome!

This time I decided to try the cinnamon honey toast (A$13) which was recommended by one of the travelers on TripAdvisor. When it was served to me, I was afraid it would be too sweet (as I had been cutting out on sugar in my hot drinks for nearly 2 years now) but I must say it was just a little sweet - but it’s acceptable. It was certainly another awesome dish as I completely devoured it clean.

Had a large skinny flat white (A$5.50) too.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed January 23, 2018 via mobile

Visited today 20/01/2018. A friend took me here. The cafe was down an alley and it was a beautiful little place. Certainly lives up to its name.
I just had tea and my friend had the poached eggs on avocado. It looked beautiful and she says it was very good.
The cafe was quiet, for being off a main road. It was a very hot humid day, however it was cool in the outdoor area of the cafe. The Scottish lady who served us was very nice and friendly.
Well worth a visit to this hidden gem.

Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

I come here on a regular basis just for their Lemon Meringue pie. The staff are always very friendly and service always good. Really nice setting too out the back. All the food always looks very good too.

Reviewed January 11, 2018

My wife and I popped into Secret Garden as we hadn't been there in a while. If you haven't been before its definitely worth a visit. There is a really big menu along with daily specials and plenty of cake and quick bites. The coffee is very good and my wife is a huge fan of the Lemon Meringue Pie. Today I really enjoyed the Smoked Salmon and Avocado open sandwich.

1  Thank Paul P
Reviewed December 21, 2017

This is a great little café, hidden down an alley off Murray St. Every time I'm in Perth this is my must go for breakfast. Great for solo, business meetings or family ( in the garden out back).

This place would fit perfectly in any of the Melbourne laneways or suburban café sets.

I love the cinnamon toast - toast coated in cinnamon sugar and pan fired in butter, not diet food but delicious. The big breakfast is great too.

Date of visit: December 2017