“Always A Good Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fratelli

Fratelli
Ranked #213 of 1,645 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Sorrento
Western Australia
“Always A Good Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have visited this restaurant on many occasions and have taken friends who have also enjoyed the experience. The service is always friendly and very efficient. The waiters are very accommodating, but not overbearing, and always serve with a smile on their face. The quality and quantity of food is fabulous, and as mentioned the lamb shanks are very popular. But other items on the menu are also worth trying. And, asking when you'd like your main meal is an added touch, rather than being rushed through like many other restaurants do. Although it is often busy, this in no way impacts on the experience of dining here. As mentioned, the stairs could present a problem for some, but take your time, it's worth the effort. The food really is great value, great tasting, and one of the best italian meals you will enjoy.

• Visited June 2013

Jill40Jill40
“I've seen for myself”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have been wanting to dine here for some time because it is not far from home. Having read many reviews with diners reporting different experiences, I was not sure what to expect. Verdict - pretty good.
The service gets a big tick. The young waitresses were very accommodating. Given the large number of diners on a Friday night, they - and the kitchen staff - did well to serve the meals without undue waiting.
The servings were generous. A mixed platter entrée to share was standard fare but it was pretty tasty.
I think the main courses were the highlight. My steak was cooked as requested and was enjoyable. The sauce was delicious.
All in all the prices of the dishes are reasonable. and advertised prices for mid-week dining would make the specials a bargain.
I agree with some other diners that the décor is \ tired and really does need attention. I would like to dine there in daylight hours to be able to take in the ocean views.
One final point, it is very noisy so conversation may be difficult.

• Visited June 2013
perth
“Cafe dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We have dined here on three occasions. Each time we have found the wait staff to be attentive, helpful and friendly! They have knowledge of the daily specials, orders promptly taken and food arrives in order and within a reasonable time.
We are always asked before they serve the mains if we are ready for them! A nice touch, as often restaurants no sooner clear entree dishes than the mains are served. A little time between courses is pleasant enabling the diner to enjoy the entree, have a chat and a drink before the next course arrives.
The stairs are a bit of an effort for those with mobility problems, however, the ambience, food and view make up for it!

• Visited January 2013
Perth, Australia
“Cheap but not cheerful or good.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

We visited Fratelli's for the first time recently and were very disappointed. The restaurantt is upstairs from the popular Voyage Kitchen and has great sea views. Access for the disabled would be difficult as there is no lift.
It was very busy which I took to be a good sign but later decided that it was the affordability of the food which drew customers in.
Service was slow and not not particularly friendly. We had to ask for our drinks to be delivered several times before they arrived.
I had the prawns which were definitely imported and full of water. My husband had the chicken which was dry and overcooked. We didn't bother to order dessert and we won't be going back.

• Visited March 2013
Sydney
“Good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Promptly shown to our table. Service was spot on. Food was good, not great for me but my hubby thought it was one of the best italian he's had. So everything gets a tick from me.

• Visited May 2013