“Disappointed”

Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

The service was quite good with pleasant staff, but the meal got off to a bad start when the "fresh Italian bread" was stale. The main courses, beef cheeks and lamb shanks, were pretty ordinary.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Broome, Western Australia, Australia
“Wouldn't recommend very ordinary”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Had the worse risotto I have ever tasted here and the experience was compounded by the way the cashier handled the complaint. The risotto was so salty it was barely edible and most of the dish went back. When we went to pay the bill and I mentioned this, I was told - "We must have sold at least 50 of them today and non-one has complained!" Customer service skills were non existent for this staff member, who made no effort to take my complaint further or offer any type of apology or sympathetic comment. The other staff were pleasant enough, but other than taking our order and bringing the food, there really is no other service provided. Would definitely not recommend based on both the quality of the food and the total disregard shown to customers.

• Visited February 2014
United Kingdom
“Not a piece of Italy”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Oh, dear. When I order linguine carbonara (OK, it should perhaps be spaghetti) in an Italian restaurant, I'm pretty confident of knowing what I will get. Oops! Not here. Instead of al dente pasta with a thick, clingy, eggy and parmesan sauce with crisp pancetta, I was served overcooked linguine with a thin, bland, eggless sauce that contained cream (a definite no-no) and little parmesan. There was no pancetta. Instead was there was greasy, fatty, barely cooked bacon. To add insult to injury, the cook had put some coarsely chopped raw spring onions through it. Carbonara is a simple and delicious dish that I ate regularly in my favourite trattoria on the Aventino in Rome on my many regular visits there some years ago. At Positano in Perth the dish was an abomination of its namesake.

I left most of it and the fact that staff made no comment about a full plate going back to the kitchen says it all. My dining companion was almost as unimpressed with the lamb shanks. And prices were not cheap.

Service was slow and amateurish and the venue lacking in ambience. No wonder not many people were dining there. It was a dreadful experience not to be repeated.

• Visited October 2013
Perth
“What a let down”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We booked a table of 10 to watch the Perth Pride Parade It was a hot day Half of our table had to sit in the sun which meant we stopped drinking alcohol as we felt sick The food was ok not good enough to return. W e had booked early , well in advance and asked for a table to watch the parade however being stuck in the sun was not what I had expected.We were the only table in the sun put at the end of the restuarant on the side and out of way . For the majority of the time we were at the restaurant the tables nearest to us were unoccupied and in the shade. No one at our table had any food delivered to them and were not eating when we asked to moved to a shaded area where no one was sitting and did not sit until we had finished our meal The service of the maitre d was unprofessional. unhelpful and disappointing for a restaurant wanting to attract a regular clientele. The restaurant extended the blind to enable us to have more shade. It was a hot day why did we had to ask for the shade blind to be extended People were putting on sun screen as they were getting sun burn. The stick date pudding was average and the chilli mussels were overcooked dry and cold. We will not return as there are plenty of other restaurants in Northbridge. What a terrible introduction to lunch time eating in Northbridge.

• Visited October 2013
Perth, Australia
“Good for a quick meal”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I like the pesto chicken pasta from here. I sometimes find that the service is patchy, sometimes it is good, sometimes not so good. Overall I would say this restaurant has pretty good food but I wouldn't necessarily go back. It is good if you are out in Northbridge and looking for a quick meal.

Visited November 2012