“I think we're the wrong age group” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Contemporary
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Fremantle, Australia
“I think we're the wrong age group”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2011

We went to a Xmas cocktail party here last Friday. I had heard good things about this venue so was looking forward to their cocktails and finger food but it was some what flat. Xmas functions are often not a true reflection of a place's worth but maybe they should be as prices are generally inflated. A few facts up front...
I'm middle age and a little deaf - so the crowded hot sweaty room and dooff dooff loud music didn't go down to well. Cocktails weren't included in the deal so I cna't comment on them. The finger food was 50/50. Three were execellent - large prawns marinated and sprinkled with dill, duck and apple wontons and beef carparcio all very yummy. But the rest were mediocre at best. If you were a vegetarian you were out of luck.

The staff were very nice and the service was fine but I just think this is a younger person's venue maybe late 20s early 30s. I'm too old to stand all night ina hot sweaty room with music that's too loud and boring.

Shame I was looking forward to it.

• Visited December 2011