“Theatre booking”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Food, atmosphere lovely but although arriving at 6.15pm & saying we had to leave at 7.25pm to get to the theatre, we ended up with the pork in a carryout tub because it didn't arrive in time. We queried the lateness & was told that it was 13 minutes since we were told the dish was late. C'mon! Surely you can do better?

1  Thank Carolisp

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Great location, interesting looking bar/restaurant. Regrettably let down by expensive, bland food and poor service.

2  Thank Philip101E
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I visited here for lunch with a friend on a Friday. I had an amazing pomegranate salad and my friend had the turkish pasta. Both were lovely and the salad was surprisingly filling with some very different flavors.
II've since returned for drinks and another lunch and had a great experience both times. As I work in Northbridge it's great not to have to walk into the city for a decent lunch.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

So after looking into many of the restaurants and reviews today we decided to check our Bivouac, we where greeted all well and then we requested a place at the rear of the building where no one was sitting due to having a toddler with us.

We observed in one situation where another couple of guests sitting near us was told where they could not move a chair due to the fact that they could "Scratch the tables".

We proceeded to place our orders and the food was great however mid way through the meal the toddler began to play up for a brief moment, this resulted in the female waiter approaching our table and demanding that we move outside to the outdoor table.

We though this to be rude and inconsiderate as it was the first small outburst.

Simple things that could resolve things like this. (Have HIGH CHAIRS), all upper-class restaurants we have ever been to have had high chairs tucked away somewhere, this would of resulted in us not having to keep the toddler out of everything and prevented a tantrum.

The food received was great, its just a pity we did not get to finish it as it was just easier paying and leaving after being asked to move.

So our first first opinions of this venue are NO KIDS!, even if they are used to frequenting restaurants.

In conclusion if a restaurant did not want children they could give a heads up and we would of looked elsewhere.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Nice place, a tad expensive. Ask for a taste of wine by the glass prior to pouring.
I received a most unpleasant berating from a female Owner. I recommend allowing 1 hour for a meal to avoid such stresses. (only read on if interested why...)
Arrived at 6.46pm and asked a male Owner 'is there time for us to order food, we have a 7.30 play to attend?' His personal assurance was 'As long as you don't order the Rib Eye...', and proceeded to accept our order (salad, tapas calamari and whiting.) 7.12 - asked him again. 'Theater rush' he replied. 7.22 got up and apologetically advised him we had to go. He looked flabbergasted. Went to pay. Female Owner - 'You are not leaving here until you pay for everything you ordered.' I felt the onus was on them to honour their assurance. She continued 'I will call the Police if that's what it takes.' I'm shocked. I pay the entire bill.
This is a nice establishment, (plenty of competition is coming), but I have no qualms about the quality of the food, I just don't get treated so heavy in life. Please be nice to customers, even if you are 'Doing 1200 covers a day.' Congratulations on being so popular. Lighten up!

2  Thank MistaKoko