“Too expensive compare to others”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hong Kong BBQ

Hong Kong BBQ
Ranked #294 of 1,645 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Description: HKBBQ was opened in 1997, located on Francis street in Northbridge, and is one of the proven top Chinese restaurant in Perth. We are well-known for our BBQ pork and roast duck. Seafood such as live Lobster or Snow crab from the tank are also the specialty of the House that we are proud of. In order to provide better dinning environment and to serve more customers, we had renovated in 2009 with a second floor extention. Second level has six big tables that can fit 70 people which is perfect for private function or party dinner. Please contact us to discuss your need or make a booking.
“Too expensive compare to others”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I had duck rice and the meat was smelly and my duck prices were discoloured like it was bruised meat.
I didn't like it. Surprisingly I enjoyed the rice with the sauce more.
The chilli oil is Way too salty and has lost it's chilli flavour- no tinge of chilli what so ever. MSG overload on chilli oil. It was a tiny serving too and we had to ask for two because there wasn't enough for two. They charged us for it as well.
Over priced for a small serving of duck rice.
We also ordered wonto soup, it was okay but you can taste it was not fresh at all. Veggies were extremely over cooked!! North worth 12$ for 6 wontons.

Visited July 2013
Billy L, Manager at Hong Kong BBQ, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thanks for your visit and review. I am sorry to hear that you don't like some of our dishes. We have over 50 dishes on our menu and I am sure there would be a right one for you. When it comes to personally taste preference, please feel free to discuss with our friendly staff. We are more than happy to recommend. Hope to see you again so we can change your mind :)

• Indonesian first
Perth
“Excellent Chinese BBQ place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

This restaurant serves the best roast duck in Perth. Go for the food and not the service. The staff are friendly but don't expect great service.

Visited May 2013
gohl
“5-star for take-away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

This would be my choice in Perth for take-away roast duck or pork take away. Forget about the BBQ pork: I find the pieces too thick and the colour too artificial.

I had an unforgettable dine-in experience so I am reluctant to go back for more: I was served BBQ pork once and rice with some salted water called soup, not even a leaf of green, which I thought should be customary for a lunch meal set. I supposed if you order dishes to go with rice then it becomes an ordinary eat-out meal in a restaurant.

And service? Typical Hong Kong style so you get to experience many occasions when you are not sure the waiter is insulting you or just making a very dry joke.

But they really do very decent roast duck and roast pork. There is one other place that does very good roast duck but it is in Bentley (Eureka Chinese Restaurant), which is about 10KM out of town.

The business closes on Tuesdays if not mistaken. But I always forget that so many times I go all the way there to find the place closed.

Kuala Lumpur
“Avoid it! Absolutely disappointed!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

We had our first meal in Hong Kong BBQ on our arrival day 27/4/2013. The experience was a disaster. The male waiter was very rude to us. One of us in our group didn't like chicken breast and asked the waiter if he can change, he responded by shouting "MADAM, CHICKEN BREAST IS MEAT, DRUMPSTICK IS ALSO MEAT, NO DIFFERENCE ONE, I CAN'T GIVE WHAT YOU WANT! We explained we only want to change to other part of chicken only, because she doesn't eat chicken breast. The male waiter again shout " MADAM YOU UNDERSTAND OT NOT, CHICKEN BREAST IS ALSO MEAT, CAN EAT ONE!!"

We don't know why the waiter shout it out loud in front of so many customers, if we can't change then please tell us nicely. He didn't have to do that.

The duck leg was smelly, chicken was tasteless and the roast pork was too salty, price is too expensive. The most important part is, the service sucks big time. The waiter is quite enjoy insulting the customers and no one want to stop him, included the lady boss.

1 Thank HAPPYMAN_79
Billy L, Manager at Hong Kong BBQ, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear customer, thanks for your visit and review. I am sorry to hear that your have been treated rudely. We have been working hard to improve our customer service over past years. The difficulty is mostly on to ensure the quality of our casual staff and your feedback will certainly help. Rude or impolite service is unacceptable in HKBBQ. Please accept our apologies.
Coles Bay
“On a good thing!!!! Busy = Great in Perth!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Flew all the way from Tassie!! Epic bus ride from the city, stopped by for a bottle of WA Riesling then… Roast Duck and Pork in less than 10 mins!! What tha?? Soooo good Soooo Fast! You'll get what you pay for!! Do it!