“I <3 HKBBQ (House?)”

Hong Kong BBQ
Ranked #268 of 1,369 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: HKBBQ was opened in 1997, located on Francis street in Northbridge, and is one of the proven top Chinese restaurant in Perth. We are well-known for our BBQ pork and roast duck. Seafood such as live Lobster or Snow crab from the tank are also the specialty of the House that we are proud of. In order to provide better dinning environment and to serve more customers, we had renovated in 2009 with a second floor extention. Second level has six big tables that can fit 70 people which is perfect for private function or party dinner. Please contact us to discuss your need or make a booking.
Melbourne, Australia
“I <3 HKBBQ (House?)”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I'm surprised this has only got 6 reviews! My family have been coming to Hong Kong BBQ House, or HKBBQ House as I like to call it, for years (and on that note... is there a House at the end of Hong Kong BBQ??). I live in Melbourne now, but every time I come back to Perth, I try to make a visit to this place above anywhere else in Perth. My favourites are the roast duck (violin or standard) and the braised beef brisket - either with steamed rice or with fried noodle, the fried noodle option being a recent revelation. For any Melbourne readers, I think the roast duck here is better than Pacific BBQ House (again... is there a 'House' in the name??). Sure, service can be a bit brusque but hey, I find it endearing. They present you with the bill scrawled in Chinese, so if your Chinese is not up to scratch, make sure you remember the prices of what you ordered!

• Visited February 2013

• Indonesian first
Perth, Western Australia
“My favourite roast meat restaurant”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I really love this roast meat restaurant. The meats are of a very high quality and generally better than elsewhere, and many of the other dishes are very good too. But it is the roast pork, bbq pork, duck and chicken that people mainly come here to eat.
Lots of wait staff, but they can be a little inefficient at times.
Quite expensive compared to other similar places, but I think the extra cost is worth it.
Licensed with a few beers and wines, but BYO also OK.
Clean restrooms!
Usually leave full, and content.

• Visited March 2013
Perth
“Clean & Good Service”
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Dinner on Valentines Day - Crab & Sweetcorn soup excellent entre, Crispy Chicken tasty but a little dry, Braised Scallops with Ginger & Shallots was tender & excellent but too many white onions!!

Overall fresh, clean place and very good service!

Billy L, Manager at Hong Kong BBQ, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thanks for your visit and review. I am sorry to hear that you don't like the white onions. In order to satisfy different customer's preference, we are very flexible on dishes. Please feel free to ask what is in a dish and we are happy to adjust/tailor made your own dish. Hope to see you again soon.
albany west australia
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We always try to eat at this very humble looking establishment when in Perth. On this occasion we ran out of time. We couldn't miss out of having our favourite dishes so we ordered takeaway at 10 am for dinner that evening. Ordered the roast duck, pork and the soy chicken. All
superb as usual. Will remain a favourite place for a quick meal or even a take away for later. Delicious hmmm

• Visited September 2012
Perth, Australia
“Expensive”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Trust me be carefull with the bill, luckily we came by with hong kong guy so we wondering how come our bill came out so expensive ... They charge extra 2 dishes without our knowledge

Visited December 2011
Billy L, Manager at Hong Kong BBQ, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thanks for your visit and review. I am sorry to hear your bad experience. It is in no doubt our responsibility to make sure each bill is correct. Please accept our apologies. Every bills are double checked to ensure they are valid, so it is very rare that this happen. However, if you are unsure about your bill, please do not hesitate to ask and we are more than happy to explain each item. Even after your have paid and leave the restaurant, you could call us or come back on the same day (as bills are kept for one day) to re-check your bill. Refund will be given if we find out that we did charge incorrectly.