“Just Average Experience - Food / Price Wise”
Review of Fenian's pub

Fenian's pub
Ranked #71 of 1,432 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Went to this establishment after a few years of being away from Perth and the experience was very average food wise.
I had the waygu burger which was basically a larger than normal beef pattie with some lettuce a one piece of tomato.
It was not worth the price and was not waygu....
The fish which the others got was of a good portion but too much batter and was very oily.
The Kilkenny pints were very nice but slightly over priced too.
The establishment has live entertainment every night which is nice to have in the background.
For a boys night out we enjoyed the ambience to catch up but the food should be improved significantly for the prices that you pay.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Have eaten here before and enjoyed it but this time it was very average. I had the lamb shank and it was very dry, not much sauce, way too much mash potato. The venue was packed out & we struggled to get a table. Not sure I'd go back na hurry

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I will never recommend this pub to friends or visitors to Perth - my partner and I had two drinks each, and my wife did not get the chance to finish hers as we were bullied to leave, as were other patrons 15 minutes before closing by security staff yet they act like boys not men when their regular drunken patrons are threatening to punch on about there Irish past. .

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Ordered 300g steak w salad asked for no mash as cant have dairy staff taking order was very obliging - husband had the chicken Parma which he enjoyed - my steak order was rare to med but more Rare please was the request :( waiter came over 3 times to discuss order due to me paying $38 for the steak but only wanting salad they said they would provide another salad ???
Meal arrived and I could tell even b4 cutting that the steak was very overdone :( the steak knife provided would not even help, tried 1 piece then left it.
Plates were cleared without mention of food volume still on plate!
On talking with locals they agreed that we should not have gone there :(
2 mains 2 drink $80+ :(

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Food was OK, nothing special but fine, and at that it would have been fine for pub food, but the pub has live music which is WAY too loud and totally disturbed our dining experiance. I mean it great to have a bit of background music with dinner, but this way over the top and PA just too loud and spoiled it for us.