“Avoid if American”

Ranked #11 of 23 Nightlife in Perth
Chicago, Illinois
“Avoid if American”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Iranian bouncer would not let me in because I was American. He said it was against the law to let me in with a drivers license from the states and that it had to be from Australia. After leaving disappointed, I stopped two different officers and showed them my Illinois state drivers license. Both officers told me this was valid because it is a driver license and has my photo on it. I will never attempt to enter this bar again and I will never recommend this bar to anyone. It is a shame for the owner and bar tender as I was prepared to have an elaborate night out in Perth.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Crystal M

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“KNOCKERS OF DEVILLES PAD: GET A LIFE - OR BE FAIR!”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

There are not many negative reviews about this magnificent icon of an entertainment establishment, as it it obvious to most who have been around the night-scene in Perth -or indeed anywhere in Australia- that any venue that provides even close to the quality that DEVILLES PAD produces for its patrons is a distant second.
The variety of music and other entertainment each and every night would satisfy mostly everyone; it would be difficult to find a more polite and friendly staff -from the entrance on arrival to the bar staff, waiters and even the security staff- than at Devilles. The patrons appreciate this, as everyone seems to interact with others; there is never any trouble, most likely as a result of the combination of all the above and of course no intoxicated individuals or groups are allowed in.

To the lady who complained because her mother "looked" drunk and was not allowed in :perhaps your mum did have a little more than the accepted level at an establishment that is known not to have problems amongst its guests.Why don't you go along again -early in the evening- you'll enjoy everything that draws huge crowds nightly.

To the lady whose friend had to queue because she arrived late: if the place is full, night clubs are not allowed to overfill their venue, its that simple. As regards the "bouncer" ( who really is a security guard) being rude and only looked 18: you could not find a more polite and friendly bunch of young (all more than 18, I can assure you of that) guys anywhere on the night club circuit..

Some have criticised the portion of food provided as being too small. You people must get into the habit of eating more than once every two days or so. My wife and I usually share a meal, which provides us with sufficient energy to dance for four to five hours a night. If you think this is an exaggeration, next time you are at Devilles, find us on the dance floor by way of either asking the staff where Ron and Elizabeth can be found, or look out for a spunky red-head (that's not me, it's Elizabeth, my wife) on the dace floor.

SEE YOU ALL AT DEVILLES PAD.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Ron M
perth
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“rude bounchers”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

last night my friends and i went to a night out at devilles. we were a group of about 10 ladies. my friend could not come early so she arrived at about 21.30 and was refused entry as she was told to queue with all the other people.i came out to talk to the bouncher (who was about 18 with an enormous ego) and explained to him that she was with our group and she was out there by herself so could she just come in with us.he told her she needed to queue with everybody else.i told him this was rediculous and he told i had a bad attitude and told me i had to leave as well.i said i will speak to your manager about this but he just thought that was a big joke. so i left never to return again. what a joke this place is.dont go if you want to be treated with respect

Visited April 2012
2 Thank perthminxy
Fremantle
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Wow !!! the beehives, the music, the staff and the atmosphere...”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Devilles Pad in Perth is a fantastic collection of all things arty, the decor the staff the atmosphere and the quirky drinks all are a fantastic display of individualism.
The patrons on the night were all fancy dressed /alternative dressed and all looked amazing. This is definately not a club for those looking for the traditional night club duff duff theis is a club for people looking for style. Those go go girls dance all night wow we couldnt keep up. Cheers to a fantastic venue we will definately return

Visited December 2011
2 Thank Shazzy73
“Very querky!!!.”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

one of it's kind in Perth!!!. i had an absolute ball their in a a large group. Highly recommended for a visit!.

The notsowhingingpom....