“Really great asian food and friendly staff”
Review of The Silk Road Restaurant - CLOSED

The Silk Road Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was our first time at this restaurant and loved it. The staff were welcoming and friendly with great service. The food was brilliant and although I am not a lover of crab, the soft shell crab was excellent. There was an option to match wine with the food and I am glad I gave it a try because it really enhanced the experience. The restaurant is modern and choice to sit inside or out. We chose outside and it was lovely. We will definitely be back.

There are newer reviews for The Silk Road Restaurant

Reviewed February 10, 2013

On recommendation we visited The Silk Road for dinner and I must say we were not disappointed. The staff gave us a warm welcome, and we were quickly seated in a comfortable booth in the corner. The restaurant has a fresh modern feel and this was reflected in the menu which had a good selection of dishes. The staff were very knowledgable about both the food and suitable wines to compliment our meal.

I opted for the Singapore Laksa which was fantastic and I would recommend to anyone visiting the restaurant, but be warned it is a very generous serving so be prepared to beaten! My partner had the Nasi Goreng which again was delicious and plentiful.

The desserts are all home made and definitely worth leaving room for.

If I am ever in Perth again I will be sure to eat at The Silk Road.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

A very pleasant setting, inside or out. Friendly prompt service, lovely decor and the soft shell crab is superb. A varied and interesting menu also great wine list although rather expensive.

Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Third time unlucky
Been here twice before and was looking forward to returning except we left before mains were served and highly disappointed.

Arrived at 7:20pm, had to call upon someone to take our orders, ordered and drinks and entree came quickly the soft she'll crab was very oily - strike one

8:00pm we asked the waitress if the main were too far away, "no it is just coming out now".

8:20pm - no mains had arrives we decided to leave.

They did offer us our meals takeaway we neglected, sorry wont be returning!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Silk Road is one of our regular dining spots as we know exactly what we're going to get every time - friendly and efficient service and consistently good asian-style food. It's also often OK to walk-in without pre-booking (except Saturdays) but this doesn't mean it's unpopular. It's not too cheap but it is in Applecross - arguably the most upmarket suburb south of the river. I usually have beef rendang but had malay curried chicken on this occasion - both are excellent -if not over spicy. Satay and duck pancake starters are good although portions are a little small. Overall it has a kind of bistro feel to it although not a blackboard in sight. No views but it does have a narrow dining patio outside for those warm summer evenings. Parking can be a bit difficult on popular dine-out nights as there are many restaurants within a small radius - but there's usually someone leaving a spot somewhere. Highly recommended - I know we'll be back in the future.