“Good food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Good food, good service, good value, we have been a number of times now and will dine again.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Coming from overseas, you want to try a bit of everything and this was definitely one of the stand-outs. A great wine list and excellent service complemented an extremely tasty and well-prepared meal. I was impressed by the freshness and quality of the ingredients used, and the way that traditional Malaysian flavours were done with a new twist on some of the dishes (the lamb was divine). The pride of the people running the place really shows through in the way they treat their customers and the quality of the food and presentation.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Went there with my family for Mother's Day lunch. The place was quite busy but the staff were very attentative, helpful and provided excellent service.

We had soft shell crab and chicken satay for entree followed by roast duck and black pepper pork for main. It was fantastic. The only criticism I have is that for the price they are charging, the servings could have been bigger.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

The Silk Road is incredible. It’s definitely my favourite restaurant in Perth. I have eaten here 4 times now, the ambience is fantastic and I have to say the food is exquisite. The servings are extremely generous and it’s great to go with a few people so you can try a few different things on the menu. I was also really impressed with the wine list. The wait staff were so friendly and helpful, and they all really know their stuff. I loved this dining experience, and will definitely go back as often as I can.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

I was told about this place by a family friend. They were going on about how different it was to have asian food in a degustation format with matching wines. I thought that sounded pretty cool so tried it with my partner.

It was fantastic. The service is right on the money - not stuffy, friendly and efficient. Food was made with top quality produce and you can taste the freshness and care taken with each morsel. I particularly enjoyed the crispy pork belly! Wines were great. There was a great selection of different varieties that aren't commonly found around town. There was a stunning Mouvedre from the Barossa and a Viognier which was out of this world.

I thoroughly recommend this restaurant. Don't just take it from me - there's gold plate awards all over one wall!