“Yum, yum, yum”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: East Perth
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I love this place! The only thing about it that makes me sad is that everyone else has found it and now it is too busy to go there unless I want to get up early or go much later in the morning for breakfast.
I particularly enjoy the poached eggs with asparagus and yummy corn fritter/rosti/hashbrown thing. Devine. The coffee is good and hot and I like the vibe too.
Its a great place to meet up with some girls and sit in the sunshine outside amongst the potted herbs and have a catch up.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Dropped by for brekkie on a Sunday. Obviously very popular - lots of people. A casual, compact little place with a sort of quirky edge to it's fit out. Situated right on the water. A really terrific variety of lip smacking good food on offer here. Check it out.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

After hearing the locals bleat endlessly about this place, we ventured to have breakfast during the week. We got there early and found an outside table quickly, the coffees took almost 20 minutes to get to us (I counted 6 coffees before our order) and the barista was busy flapping around looking flustered. Latte was not the best. Took altogether 30 minutes for our order to arrive - poached eggs, bacon and toast and eggs Benedict. We had to eat and then get to a meeting so it was not a leisurely breakfast but not completely rushed. I have no idea what my partner's eggs were like but as soon as I cut through that poached egg, a rush of raw white albumen was visible. Not impressed... and the view is just a man made cove, really.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

I have been to Toast several times...and i cant seem to go past the Corn Fritters, bacon and Maple syrup, and the Home made Lemonade. It has great service and is always packed but hey that is part of the atmosphere.
I ride my bike there so it is a real treat to stop along the way and enjoy a wonderful breakfast with a lovely view.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

what a find! Tucked amongst the corporate hoo har is this quirky and seriously yummy little cafe. Northern facing so glorious in winter.
All food is so fresh, interesting combinations, great squeezed juices, perfect selection for kids, reasonable prices (tho they are Perth Coffee prices), gluten / lactose free selection is good, far more than just fry up for breakfast selection, etc ... yum yum yum.

Parking is a nightmare...so park further away & stroll or ride your bike or paddle your kayak around from the river!

Always crowded... so maybe I shouldn't be telling you as I'll never get a seat now!