“Has potential to be great”
Review of Andaluz

Andaluz
Ranked #72 of 1,352 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Description: Tapas, Bar & Restaurant, under the Parker & Parker Building
“Has potential to be great”
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I visited the Andaluz last night for fitting conclusion to our week long stay in WA. We came around 8 and were told of a 45 minute wait for an inside table. Our other option was to sit in the alley and eat there. We did this and this turned out to be a good choice as there were other customers, ok seating and still the same atmosphere of a 'Tapas' bar without the noise of being inside. Our waitress was very pleasant, and even though she was having a shocker of an evening was very attentive to us. The meals were very well priced, wine is good but a touch on the pricey side. The website says no reservations in the evening, but there clearly was a group inside with a reserved table so if going try to get a reservation. Andaluz has a great atmosphere and is worth the stroll down the dark alley to get there. My recommendation is try the croquettes and the mushrooms, they are very good.

Yallingup, Australia
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

At 6:30 on a Friday we had to wait a couple of minutes to get in, presumably to make an impression on anyone lurking along Howard. Although it was crowded and noisy, there was room for three to crouch in a hidden corner and eat. The wines by the glass are OTT $18 for a great Albarino, when you can get a decent bottle for $22 in a bottle shop.
Tapas ok, but not great. However prices not too bad if you're not too hungry.

Canberra, Australia
“Stylish, comfortable, with a good wine list”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stumbled on this well-hidden restaurant and were pleased that we did. My wife and I love good Spanish wine and food and Andaluz didn't disappoint.

The decor is subdued, the seating comfortable and the service friendly and good.

I would be careful about just walking in on a busy night... I am sure that they are fully booked on many nights.

Do order tapas and good Spanish wine and you won't be disappointed.

• Visited October 2011
Perth, Australia
“A Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Andaluz is hidden off Howard Street under the Parker and Parker building... My friend and I went on a Thursday evening, 5ish... luckily we were there that early as we were able to find a seat - it filled up pretty quickly. To me, this is a cross between a modern tapas bar crossed with a cosy wine bar.
The staff were fabulous - from all over the world and their service was fantastic. We had lovely wine and an assortment of things to graze over. I liked that we were not forced to hurry up and leave, and that my friend and I didnt have to yell at each other to be heard.
Definitely worth another visit.

• Visited June 2012
Cottesloe, Australia
“Trendy Tapas”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Tucked in a Basement in a quite street in the Perth CBD it pulls its customers particulrly on a friday evening from the young "suits" that work and party in the area - the bar is cool moody and textural various rooms creat intimate nooks and cranies doring the day and loud sholder to sholder noise interaction in the evening - If you like tapas and wine this will work for you singles will meet and great - fun place of an evening serious during the day as the reseve wines are well selcted - spain french italian health representation

• Visited June 2012