“Bring back memories, Yum!”
Review of Nine Mary's - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My Husband and I love "Nine Mary's" it is the BEST indian resturant in perth. it has authentic Burriyani, made in the tandoor oven and the best naan. ( Not too doughy). The curries have there own individule flavours, ive noticed other places we've tried all seem to use the one base for all their curries making them all taste simillar and often sweet.
If you like Curry please give it a go. It;s Yummy in your Tummy. We usually grab take out and bring home and it does us for the next day too. We do this at least once a month.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Visited for lunch as part of a large group (10). The staff were initially very attentive, but once the food orders were taken it was difficult to get follow up service. The food was good and plentiful. We tried to order desserts but our choice from the limited menu was not available.

The restaurant was full which goes part way to explaining my earlier comment in respect to the service.

Worth another visit.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

This restaurant on the corner of Hay and Milligan offers excellent quality Indian cuisine. Its not cheap, but then no restaurants in Perth CBD are. It doesn't look like a typical Indian restaurant, with flock wallpaper, carved elephants and images of the Taj Mahal all over the place, so you could easily miss it. The name doesn't hint at what's on offer either. The restaurant serves well spiced, authentic, curries with light and delicious naan bread to accompany them. If you order popadoms, you get a very generous basket of four, which is unusual in my experience, one per serving being more typical. The first night I went there the service was not the best, but they were very busy and I suppose my table for one got forgotten about. I also got stung for buying a bottle of mineral water at $8 rather than what I thought was an offer of chilled tap water. They did remove this charge from the bill when I complained. Be careful to specify tap when they offer you water. However the food was so good I could not resist going back again and service was much better on less busy evenings. The food was consistently good each time I ate here. If you appreciate good Indian food this restaurant is highly recommended.

Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Don't bother is the only advise I can give. This restaurant is consistent in only one thing, rude service!

Seriously you charge $3.5 for mango chutney out of a jar when people are spending $150.00 for a meal for 2? What's next, 50 cents for salt and pepper?

How many people have to give you poor reviews before you improve your service?

Get a grip of your business before it's too late.

3  Thank JosieRoberts
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Went this evening with 4 girlfriends. "Greeted" by a bitter faced waitress who didn't smile once throughout our entire time there. (I am not exaggerating and it was the source of much incredulity for our party).
The food was outrageously overpriced for what you get. My friend had the butter chicken and rice and for $35 she concluded it was tasteless and unexciting. My own fish tikka was tasty but for $38 I would have expected more than 6 cubes of fish and two dips.
Overall, the prices are too high and they didn't even have the courtesy to soften the blow with bearable service.
None of us will return.