“Lunchtime visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Nine Mary's - CLOSED

Nine Mary's
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Perth, Australia
“Lunchtime visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

Visited for lunch as part of a large group (10). The staff were initially very attentive, but once the food orders were taken it was difficult to get follow up service. The food was good and plentiful. We tried to order desserts but our choice from the limited menu was not available.

The restaurant was full which goes part way to explaining my earlier comment in respect to the service.

Worth another visit.

• Visited December 2013

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Excellent Indian food in the heart of Perth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

This restaurant on the corner of Hay and Milligan offers excellent quality Indian cuisine. Its not cheap, but then no restaurants in Perth CBD are. It doesn't look like a typical Indian restaurant, with flock wallpaper, carved elephants and images of the Taj Mahal all over the place, so you could easily miss it. The name doesn't hint at what's on offer either. The restaurant serves well spiced, authentic, curries with light and delicious naan bread to accompany them. If you order popadoms, you get a very generous basket of four, which is unusual in my experience, one per serving being more typical. The first night I went there the service was not the best, but they were very busy and I suppose my table for one got forgotten about. I also got stung for buying a bottle of mineral water at $8 rather than what I thought was an offer of chilled tap water. They did remove this charge from the bill when I complained. Be careful to specify tap when they offer you water. However the food was so good I could not resist going back again and service was much better on less busy evenings. The food was consistently good each time I ate here. If you appreciate good Indian food this restaurant is highly recommended.

• Visited November 2013
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Incredibly rude and vastly overpriced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Don't bother is the only advise I can give. This restaurant is consistent in only one thing, rude service!

Seriously you charge $3.5 for mango chutney out of a jar when people are spending $150.00 for a meal for 2? What's next, 50 cents for salt and pepper?

How many people have to give you poor reviews before you improve your service?

Get a grip of your business before it's too late.

3 Thank JosieRoberts
Perth, Australia
“Overpriced and terrible service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Went this evening with 4 girlfriends. "Greeted" by a bitter faced waitress who didn't smile once throughout our entire time there. (I am not exaggerating and it was the source of much incredulity for our party).
The food was outrageously overpriced for what you get. My friend had the butter chicken and rice and for $35 she concluded it was tasteless and unexciting. My own fish tikka was tasty but for $38 I would have expected more than 6 cubes of fish and two dips.
Overall, the prices are too high and they didn't even have the courtesy to soften the blow with bearable service.
None of us will return.

Darwin, Australia
“Good albeit overpriced food & rude service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

We dined here for dinner in early November midweek.

In regards to the food it was enjoyable though certainly not worth what was being charged. If Nine Mary's think they can justify the price by calling themselves a fine dining or upmarket restaurant, I have news for them, they are neither.

Don't even get me started on the $8 bottles of San Pellegrino.

What I can not get over is the contempt and rudeness that was conveyed to my by who appeared to be a senior waitperson or manager. Any satisfaction or enjoyment of the evening was ruined by the service and it left an extremely sour taste in my mouth.

• Visited November 2013