“Great atmosphere, great food, strange service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Nine Mary's - CLOSED

Nine Mary's
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Sydney, Australia
“Great atmosphere, great food, strange service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Nine Mary's is funky and über stylish. The food is very high quality Indian. It may just have been the night I was in but the staff were a little off their game. We were not welcomed when we arrived despite staff seeing us enter. Despite many empty tables were told to wait and waived over to a drinks area where again we were ignored. Worried our 'place in the queue' had not been noted, we needed to follow this up. Thankfully, once we were seated at our table the service was great.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Nova F

Perth, Australia
“Great food but can be noisy in the evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

We first went to this bar to meet people for drinks where we were given free nibbles, on that occasion the noise level was reduced I think as a large group of us were able to have conversations without shouting. We went back for a meal last Friday as we were in the area and had an excellent meal, however the noise from the bar made conversation at a table in the corner of the restaurant a bit difficult. As I said to my husband, in Perth the portions are large so we'd better skip the starter and had two main meals, I had the Chicken Tikka which is also available as a starter and for some reason hubby picked the Rogan Josh which was very spicy. The Basmati rice was good, the Saffron rice better. The garlic naan was light and buttery. Unfortunately we had no room for dessert. It is expensive but then so are most restaurants in the CBD but at least you get a good size meal for your money. It's a nice place for a drink but I'd probably go on a quieter night for a meal.

• Visited December 2012
Perth, Australia
“Way too expensive for what you get”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Its pretty tasty Indian food, but at these prices I would give it a swerve. Even for Perth this is prices gone mad.

They have a bar area now as well which you can visit just for a drink which is a relaxed enough place (I suppose the idea is that you succomb to the whiffs of curry and eat there too!!!).

Visited February 2012
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Delicious modern Asian cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

We went with friends to this chic, modern restaurant with a lovely menu (not a korma in sight!) with friends and everyone really enjoyed it. I had the prawn pakoras and the lamb shank. DEEELISH! The samosas that our friends had were extra yummy. The only negative I have is that the wine list was horrendously expensive. Our bill came to $350. Ouch!

• Visited August 2012
Adelaide, Australia
“Authentic food. Great taste. Great service. A little more expensive than other places”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here many times and it always astounds me how they can cook such a variety of dishes with such great tastes. The service is excellent and the serves are quite large. The food was not very hot (fire hot) which was a little disappointing. The gulab jamun is the best I have ever tasted