“Look no further!”

Ranked #10 of 51 Specialty Lodging in Perth
Durham, United Kingdom
“Look no further!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

My mom and I really like the 2 bedroom apartment. The apartment is spacious and clean. There are air-conditioner units in the rooms and living hall. Parking was fuss free. Check-in was efficient and so was check-out.

It is within walking distance to Perth CBD. I have no idea why previous reviewers stated that it is a long walk to the city. About 10 mins and a pleasant walk. The apartment is located near many eateries (Roe Street).

Will stay again if I visit Perth.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the apartments on Newcastle street. I think that the apartment itself is flawless. They're very modern but kept simple and sweet. I thought the staff were very helpful & friendly, they made me feel like they actually wanted to help unlike a lot of other hotel staff & The cleaners were respectful and did a great job on my room. A problem I had was the street noise, every morning some guy would come clean the drains and it was right outside my window, drunk people down stairs at dominoes were making a lot of racket & the traffic. I also couldn't sleep in one of the rooms because it was so hot the air con must've been out. But apart from that I thought verandah apartments was great value for the money spent. :)

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed in the Francis Rd apartments - right in the middle of Northbridge, the Temple Bar/Soho/Kings Cross of Perth. Busy busy busy - especially at night and even busier on weekends. I counted 9 restaurants/pubs within 100m of us. Lucky we aren't very worried about noise. Apartment newish, well equipped and appointed. Beds comfy. Only one aircon in main lounge area - but it seems to do the trick and cool the whole apartment. 2 things make it difficult to open the windows - 1. Noise from outside - partying mainly but a bit of traffic too and 2. Venetian blinds that make it hard to keep the window open without letting a lot of light in or making noise while being blown around in the wind. Curtains would be better I reckon. I wouldn't stay here again if I was on business - but for a party week it would be good.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing onto Francis St if you're a light sleeper
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank AndrewDarwin
sunshine coast Qld
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Late arrival and picked up in 15 mins by free shuttle. Shown to our rooms. New, modern, clean and well appointed. Was very impressed. Staff very friendly and helpful. Grounds well looked after as well.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank LornaJayne
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Nothing like the apartment advertised on booking.com - not as nice as shown!
Large ground floor 2 bed apt shame it was on a very busy through road, clean & tidy but smelt a bit damp, dark bathrooms. YMCA next door, nightclubs at the end of the road, dodgy drunk/ drugged downies in the local park & area - police really need to clean up the area.
Bedrooms need curtains the blinds don't block out the light, no in room safe or use of one in reception.
Friendly staff & free wifi.
Loved Perth, transport to local beaches was really good, nice parks, some nice bars & restaurants.
Reasonable value for money, would return to Perth but not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AmberReading
Broome, Australia
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed here by myself for two nights in early Jan and found the people at the front desk to be very friendly. At the time they were renovating the lift so they put me on the first floor in a 2 bedroom apartment so I didn't have to walk too far. I found the apartment to be huge and would def be staying here again with my family. A decent sized kitchen, large living area and having a washing machine and dryer was a bonus. I also liked the idea of having underground parking which is accessible from the side street at the back of the apartments. I was hesitant when I saw the car park as I had a Toyota Prado but there ended up being plenty of space. The location is fantastic, easy access to the freeway, close to Northbridge but still quiet enough that there were no sound issues. Cant recommend it enough.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Devonport, Australia
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at these apartments from the 26/12/13 to 1/1/14. Our apartment was showing signs of not being well looked after, with carpet fraying at the edges in the kitchen and bedroom. The kettle had rust marks on the outside. The kitchen splash had greasy marks. The tiled floor of the kitchen had dirty stains. There were very dirty marks on all walls. The whole apartment is in need of a good clean with attention needed in the bathroom, especially the tiled floor and shower. The shower hose is rusty. The lighting in bathroom is very poor for doing hair and make-up. The kitchen had very limited bench spare for preparing meals. The pillows were very hard and uncomfortable, however the bed was very comfortable. There was only one bedside table and bedside light. The windows were very dirty on the outside. The free wifi was so slow it wouldn't open a simple email, so we used our own. House cleaning kept entering our apartment and turning off the air conditioning. There was a street/security light right outside our window and there was only a roller blind on the windows which let the light into the room. The sofa cushions were extremely dirty and had seen better days. The sofas were comfortable, one of them black while the other was brown, and they both needed cleaning. The laundry facilities were good with a supply of washing powder. The ironing board was cheap and very difficult to use satisfactorily. I don't believe that these apartments are worth a 4 1/2 star rating. Our stay represent poor value for money considering we paid much less for a 6 night stay in Brisbane just prior to our Perth visit. Our Brisbane apartment was a similar distance from the CBD, restaurants and cafés etc., plus it also had a swimming pool and was serviced every day.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple